Firstly, initially we had a good experience with the lady managers of this hostel, but that turned bad later in the afternoon after we had been waiting for 6hours for our bed.
There were a group of 22 skateboarders who were checking out at 12noon and we then had a bed. Then at 5pm the group could not organize a bus to leave so they wanted to stay another night although their beds were taken. All in all there were due to be 22 skateboards (sleeping on the floor, couches an the rooftop in swinging chairs), then my girlfriend and I got asked to move to a single bed (from our double bed and pay for more than a single bed.
1) the hostel is licensed to hold 15 people maximum
2) after this group checked out it was not our problem that they could not leave due to bus difficulties
3) out of the almost 40 people now in the 15 peopl maximum hostel they asked us to move to another dorm and sleep on a single bed
4) we were happy to do so but not to pay for more than a single bed for the inconvenience.
5) there is another hostel right next door (3m) which had beds available and they never even thought to move some of the extra guests there as they wanted the money
In the end we moved next door and had a much quieter stay with less than the allowed maximum number of people and we were much nor comfortable anyway. It's a shame the manager didn't even thank us for being considerate and moving to accommodate their problems!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Casa del Mochilero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.