“Nice hotel in great location”

Allpa Hotel & Suites
Ranked #55 of 236 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 2 December 2012

The hotel is clean, rooms are spacious, but the attraction is the location. Right in the heart of Miraflores and walking distance to lots of restaurants and shopping. Breakfast was good. You can really hear the outside noise. Not a knock on the hotel, it's in the middle of a large city. However, if that bothers you, you might want to look somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 November 2012

The rooms are quite spacious and the design modern. This is what we look for and the pictures online are fairly accurate. It was a comfortable, up-do-date room that felt it was re-modeled not too long ago.

The service is ok. Nothing spectacular. My only complaint is about their handling of payment. We booked online and was quoted a price in USD and they will honor the USD price if paid in cash. If one wishes to pay with a credit card, they will then charge a local currency amount at an egregious exchange rate (16% worse than the rate we got exchanging at a money changer). We ended up getting more money from the atm, exchanging and then paying them in USD cash.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mashu
Reviewed 30 October 2012

The staff was very attentive, helpful and courteous especially Rodrigo and Erika.

After we checked-in around 3AM, one of the staff assisted us of buying some food at a nearby gas station, sort of AM/PM convenient store. With the staff leading the way, we felt safe walking even though it was early in the morning.

Great hotel location. Just a couple of blocks from the Miraflores center. Restaurants and cafes were just walking distance. The room itself was spacious, clean and modern. Breakfast was ok.

We had a great time in Lima, and a comfortable stay at Allpa.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Oscar P
Reviewed 24 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at Allpa Hotel in Lima last month for part of our Honeymoon to Peru. It was a wonderful experience. The room was large, clean, modern, and beautiful. They even surprised us with beautiful roses and rose petals throughout our room - it was wonderful! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was excellent, about a 5-10 minute walk to the main square where we picked up our tour bus. We are very pleased with our stay here. We have great memories of our Honeymoon in Peru, thank you Allpa Hotel!! :)

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brittany V
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Me and my wife stayed here for two nights as part of our Peru vacation organized by Peru Travels Online. We arrived late in the evening and check in was quickly done. The room was very spacious and modern. The beds were great and the hotel staff very attentive.The hotel location is excellent as it is close to the Miraflores center and restaurants. The coastal boardwalk is somewhat further away but can still be reached on foot. The only minus point of the hotel is the noise in the morning. In the morning it seems that the street gets quite some traffic and as we found out in Peru people like to use their horn a lot!!! Since we had to get up early this was not to much of an issue for us but if you went out the night before not that great i imagine...

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lakshman P
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We spent 9 nights in Peru in 5 star hotels but was forced to spend 3 of those nights at the Allpa (Sept 16th, 23rd and 24th) due to our Lima hotel being overbooked.

I really don't know where to start but let's start with check in... slow and painful. But the staff was courteous at that point. We were assigned room 703. It's a corner suite and is huge but has nothing in it, except old outdated and even broken furniture (the couch/futon). Since we were 2 ladies, we requested 2 beds. One was a twin and the other a CA King. No problem. The issue--- the carpet was indoor/outdoor carpet but was FILTHY. I took off my shoes and slipped on some white socks. They quickly became brown on the bottom!!!!!

Then I called the front desk to get the WiFi code. I was told it didn't work. Plain and simple.... it didn't work. I had no way to contact clients that I had promised to email. However, they had one PC in the hotel lobby that the entire hotel could use. Nice job! It was the same story when we returned on the 23rd... didn't work! We were assigned room 701 on the 23rd and 24th. It was smaller, a little cleaner but had mold around the window.

The bathroom was nicely done. That was the only good thing about the room.
Later in the morning we went down for breakfast. It was absolutely horrible. Sliced pink sausages, runny eggs, dried cereal and coffee/tea. Had it not been for the Kefir (yogurt), I would have died that morning.... as well as the other 2 that we ate there. The menu NEVER changes.

Here is the kicker that makes me rate this hotel a 2 star.... In Peru, it's standard practice to have an employee to practically plow you over as you're leaving your room on check out day to make sure you haven't stolen the towels and mini bar snacks, but this joint accused us of stealing one of their dingey bathroom floor towels. I tried to explain to the clerk that we never had one to begin with and that if we had, it wasn't something I needed to or wanted to steal. Their towels looked nasty with brown stains on them. In fact, the manager, who was standing right there when I was being accused of stealing the towels, had walked my friend and I to the store to try to find some towels because theirs' were so disgusting looking. We couldn't find any closeby so he has some laundered for us and we were fine. I know he had to remember this because it had only been 20 hours since that happened... but he never sad a word as I being accused! The clerk finally said everything was ok and we were "free to go".

Never again!!!!!!

Oh, did I mention the nightclub noise from across the street?

The daytime doorman was AWESOME!!!!!! We tipped him!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank diane&4girls
Reviewed 25 September 2012

This hotel was fantastic. The bedroom was very large, modern and spotless. We had to leave at 4 a.m. to catch our flight and they had breakfast bags filled of food and drinks for my daughter and myself. It was all complimentary. The staff was very helpful and the hotel is in a great location to walk around Lima. Very close to the artisan market. A little noisy being right on a busy street but my sound machine masked all of the noise. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family