“Amazing Experience”

Ranked #22 of 143 Outdoor Activities in Lima
San Diego, California
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

What an incredible introduction to South America! Erick is a fantastic tour guide who knows many hidden spots in Lima, he has many stories and is very entertaining. He is in great shape but very adaptable to all abilities.

This is a really great way to explore a new city and one of the highlights of my trip to South America.

Visited November 2013

“Perfect tour! Erick was Fantastic!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We ran with Erick the morning that we arrived in Lima. The tour of Miraflores was perfect! We were able to see all of the sights and become familiar with our surroundings. Erick was fantastic and so accommodating. The pace was great and he was so informative! It was my favorite activity in Lima! If you are a runner, don't miss this!!

Los Angeles, California
“Love Erick and this Awesome Tour!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My friend and I are both runners, but speaking for myself I was a little out of shape and a bit worried to do this 6 mile running tour! However, Erick was extremely good at adapting to our pace, so it made it a lot less intimidating. He was so friendly, it truly felt like we immediately among friends. Plus, the scenery and information was so interesting I didn't even have time to worry about the actually running! He mixed it up for us, taking us off the beaten path to places we would have never gone on our own. We were lucky that we kept running into adorable puppies out for their early morning strolls, and this also kept smiles on our faces. Erick captured all of it on his camera, and sent us the pictures afterwards - at no extra cost! I loved seeing the gorgeous green coast, the financial district, the ruins, and the olive grove, to name a few highlights. I definitely recommend this tour for runners - truly the best way to see the city. Erick let us know that they can adapt to almost any pace, so if we were in the mood for a more strenuous workout I know he could have provided that as well. It was very inspiring to see and hear Erick's pride in his city. There is really nothing like getting information from a local, rather than from a guide book. I would do this again in a heartbeat!

Vienna, Austria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“THE way to get to know a new place!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

If you, too, love running and exploring a new place by meandering off the beaten tracks without sticking religiously to a guide book, then PLEASE do yourself a favour and book a session with this fabulous guide and great guy!

I met Erick on my third day in Lima for an unbelievably instructive, fun and interesting sight run around the Bohemian parts of Barranco and Miraflores. A personal trainer, dedicated athlete and learnt architect, he is the perfect guide for such an endeavour.

He is outgoing, fun, attentive and stretched our run to two hours in total in order to show me all those beautiful hidden alleyways and sidestreets which a normal visitor never finds. We got back at dawn which I would not have dared on my own, but I felt perfectly safe with him. He even carries a water bottle in his backpack and a compact camera to take great photos of this unforgettable experience.

Highly recommended!

1 Thank BellSa78
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“This is still the best way to see Miraflores (for strong runners and for people who don't run much)”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was the perfect way to be introduced to the city of Lima. Erick is great company... he is very friendly and instantly makes you feel relaxed and comfortable. He speaks fluent English as he spent some time in the States. He has an intimate knowledge of Lima and great anecdotes pop up at every turn. He will run at whatever pace you like (from almost-walking-pace to sub 4 minutes per km (6.4 minutes per mile)) and he will stop whenever you like (he brings water for you too). As you run, he will point out good places to eat or places to visit.
I did the Residential Run and the Miraflores Cliffs & Parks Run and both were spectacular. Erick will take you on a route that has quiet traffic and includes beautiful gardens, buildings, and views. Now, I am normally not a fan of your typical tour (20 people moving around slowly and a guide on auto-pilot saying the same thing for the nth time that day) but the running tour is totally different... it is just a conversation... one on one, with a person very passionate about his city, with a skill for telling anecdotes and has a great sense of humour too.
Not only is the tour itself great, but then Erick will send you a bunch of photos he takes along the way which is a nice touch to remember the experience. And if there was something that took your interest while on your run, he will email you with more details of that too!!!

1 Thank Steven F