“Staff super friendly, great location, loud at night!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lima
Pirwa Backpackers Prada Hostel
Ranked #170 of 330 Speciality Lodging in Lima
Toronto, Canada
“Staff super friendly, great location, loud at night!”
Reviewed 6 December 2012

We stayed here for 1 night, and what a night it was. After a night of partying on 'Pizza Street', we came back to our room (2nd floor) and tried to get some shut-eye for an early morning. Unfortunately that didn't happen. The windows in our room didn't really serve a purpose as the sound from the busy road entered with ease. Perhaps it was because I was in the bed closest to the window, but I got maybe 1 hour of sleep MAX that night.

That being said, the staff was super friendly; they showed us around 'Pizza Street' when they got off work and were fun to hang around. The breakfast was mediocre; the generic fruit, cereal, juice mix. All in all, a fun place to live but try to get a room that is insulated from the noise outside!

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Ventura, California
Reviewed 7 September 2012

To whom it may concern:
I recently took a vacation to Peru to visit my brother, Ivan, who is currently in the Peace Corps. We had a late flight on our last day in Peru. Ivan had traveled with is from Ancash to Lima yo see us off. Unfortunatly we arrived early in the morning. My brother was searching for a hostel that would allow him to check in early so we (the rest of us who had a flight out later that night we could have shouwed him our flight itinerery) could have a place to store our luggage. The owner or person who checked us in to the Pirwa Prada Hostel had checked my brother. We were all with him at the time. It was only going to be Ivan sleeping there that night. He ended up booking a triple so there would be enough room for all our things. Last I check there was not law against someone having people in their room. If there is please let me know of this law. we were never planning on actually stying in this hostel during the day. We were going to spend the rest of the day sight seeing and spending time as a family. As my brother was leaving to go get my parents some coffee while we organized our luggage for our trip, the person working there (a slender, balding man who had good knowledge of the english language call my family schemers. I am not sure if there was a misunderstanding. If there was, the professional thing to do is to communicate. I am sorry if that hostel has gotten schemers before, but to call a family of 5 that? Not professional. Now I understand that because the room was a triple and with are 5 that we could not stay the night, which we were not. If anything my parents were going to stay for a couple of hours to rest while my brother, sister, and I were going to go get some coffee. If it was because my brother checked in earlier, even though he was allowed, we would have gladly payed those extra hours before check-in time. There was never an issue of money or trying to scheme anyone. It was very insulting to call my family especially my parrents schemers. They are very honest people and that is how we were raised as well. We hope that for future hostel customers that have family visiting them in the room, that there is first communication and never name calling.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Lima hotels

St. George, Utah
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We stayed there 4 nights. The hostal is loud at night sometimes and the thin walls do not help. We were on the second floor and we could hear everything on the first floor. The breakfast is super simple and it is hard to get full. The staff are helpful. The shared bathroom is ok. There were two showers and two toilets. Part of the time, one shower was not working. And, sometimes the toilets did not have toilet paper. You have to walk a few blocks to get to the plaza de armas. It worked well for me. Blinds int he room were broken.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank imdizzy80
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My partner and I stayed at Pirwa for two nights in Feb 2012 and it was just ok. Overall, it was probably worth it for the cheap price and the super convenient location. Aldo, the shared showers were a decent temperature and the staff were friendly. However there was no fan in the room so it was difficult to sleep at night in the Lima heat and taxi drivers always had a hard time finding the hostal.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 16 February 2012

friendly staff, friendly kitten as well, decent kitchen for communal use, good location. they have 2 computers for browsing and wifi working in communal areas as well as some rooms. 3 blocks from a big supermarket, 2 blocks from the Ovalo. pool table downstairs.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Cusco, Peru
Reviewed 9 July 2011

My boyfriend and I actually stayed here twice on our trip - had to go back because the staff were so nice and helpful (flexible too)! The beds are comfortable, the water is hot, the wifi works great and there's breakfast. Location is right by Kennedy Park in Miraflores, so that made things easy. Will definitely stay there again next time I pass through Lima.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple