“Really good value for Miraflores”
Review of Open Guest House

Open Guest House
Ranked #38 of 321 Lima B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We booked into this guesthouse for 2 nights and ended up staying 6. It's literally the cleanest place we've stayed in 5 months in South America, and has a well stocked kitchen and pleasant rooms. It's maybe the kind of place where guests keep themselves to themselves but they sell beer and wine etc, should you want to have a drink at home. Really nice hostel and great value for the area (although we preferred the area around Barranco!)

Room Tip: The budget double was basic but comfortable. Fine for the cheapest option. We also stayed two nights...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 May 2014

we stayed here at our 2 last nights in south america. We started off the wrong foot when the airport shuttle we asked for didn't show up, but the staff was kind and understanding and we got a discount for our nights. their airport taxi pick-up is expensive (25$), but on the way back is normal (45 soles). There is a nice kitchen, a simple but good breakfast, a computer free to use, wifi (only good on the 1st floor) and a balcony.The rooms are beautifully designed and very comfy. The staff is really nice and helpful, we got all we needed including breakfast at 6 am before our flight. There were no hot water on the 3rd floor and barely on the 2nd floor....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Great hostel-guest house 4 blocks away from the Malecon (ocean) and very near (but luckily just outside of all Lima's noise) all excitement that Miraflores has to offer. Includes a small well equipped kitchen, hot (shower) water, television in rooms, nice outside porch where a simple but good breakfast is served. Good price quality. Last but not least, very nice (English speaking) personnel and a very helpful owner. Clean and cosy place, ideal to start of your Lima (Miraflores) visit!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2014

they dont clean the rooms everyday. they wait till you leave. that was fine for me. the tv in my room was small flat screen , but had many cable channels with movies. had an outside balcony to sit and enjoy the fresh air. breakfast is served free until 1030am . the owner and his two helpers are english speaking, pleasant , informative, helpful. friendly. i enjoyed my 4 days there. when i travel back to miraflores, i will stay here. the bed was comfortable, my room was private, there are large windows to let light in . can walk to bakery with sandwiches, a really nice grocery store, ocean about 4 blocks away . very safe neighborhood. miraflores police walk the streets. i was very happy with my stay. thanks marco .

Room Tip: top floor is weak signal for wireless. but nice balcony to sit outside and relax. fresh ocean air...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2014

When I decided to travel to Peru, I knew no one there and little about the city of Lima.
I found the Open Guest House online,and made my reservation.. And I'm glad I did!
They are a wonderful way to start your Peru experience: A driver met me with a sign at the Lima Airport at 10:30 at night, Lucero,a lovely woman,and they had a clean and cheery room waiting for me. Breakfast is great and included in your stay. A nice little courtyard garden is a fine place to have coffee, Marco knows Peru culture and Lima very well,and can help you find your way about town. They have internet,desktop and provide maps for you too.
Oliver and Alesjandro and owner Marco were very helpful ,and yet very low key and laid back.
I highly recommend staying there, and will again myself.
Zak
Nashville Tennessee
USA

Room Tip: "I had a solo room on second floor and it was perfect"
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This is a well located yet basic hotel run by very professional and helpful staff. We had double room with a shared bathroom. Our room had a TV and was very clean, but it could have done with some hooks or a cupboard to store clothes. The shower was kept clean and had hot water. There is a reasonably well equipped kitchen if you want to do some cooking. Breakfast was coffee, tea, bread and fruit. The staff were helpful in organising a transfer to the airport for us. Wi-Fi worked well downstairs but was pretty patchy on the 3rd floor. I think it is good value for money and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FP2
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This was ideally located for the Lima part of our journey; in the centre of Lima, not far from the airport. Talking of the airport, the owners organised a pick us up which was great, after a 13 hour flight we were knackered and keen to avoid negotiating a taxi price.

When we arrived, the greeting was warm and welcoming. The room was fairly basic, but had a comfortable and clean bed, and good internet access. The bathroom was also pretty basic, and shared, however we didn't have any problems so we can't complain. We actually stayed here twice as we passed back through Lima a few days later. I definitely recommend staying here if you want to be somewhere safe, friendly and convenient on a budget.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple