“My choice in Lima”

Ranked #3 of 304 Lima B&B and Inns
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“My choice in Lima”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

There is really no way to lose with Casa Nuestra. The rooms are light and comfortable, the location excellent and the hosts, Carmen & Francesco delightful. I had a private room and bath at a very affordable rate and wish I had planned to stay much longer than my two days. The Barranco neighborhood is safe and beautiful and great for exploring. There are many fine galleries, cafes and restaurants as well as a scenic walk along the Pacific cliffs down to the bridge of sighs and then down to the beach. Carmen will give you a map and mark places of interest according to your preferences. It is a very youthful neighborhood with clubs and music and bars available for more exciting nightlife. A short cab ride away are the higher end delights of Miraflores or the central sites of old LIma. A great continental breakfast is served but Carmen also gave me an avocado and some scrambled eggs so packed with flavor I ate them in a flash. All in all a great experience and one I hope to repeat.

Room Tip: The private room with bath is top notch - new tiled bathroom is like a 4 star hotel!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank never2old2try

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

After a long flight into Lima both Francesco & Carmen made me feel very welcome in their place in Lima. The hostal is located in Barranco which is filled with great architecture,restaurants and has a really relaxed feel. It's very easy to get into the centro historico in Lima from there by the metro bus in around 10 - 15 mins. The hostal has real character and felt like a home away from home. They have a great breakfast there too. Paco their dog is full of character! I'd definately recommend anyone to stay here,it's a great welcome to Lima.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank nomadicnomad
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

We arrived at the b&b to be greeted by a step in manager, juan Carlo who was very pleasant, helpful and enthusiastic. The room itself was basic although the bed was very comfortable. Having said that, sleep was disturbed as we could hear people around and the dog on site got a little spooked at 2am when someone went to the bathroom so started barking (although I guess this is positive having a Guard dog on the premises!).

The location was ok, although the walk to both Barranco and Miaflores would take a swift pace a good twenty minutes. Having said that, there is a petrol station and many places to eat within a 3-4 minute walk.

Breakfast is included, and the shared bathroom was clean.

Wifi was available in the room we had, so as an overnight stay this was adequate before we moved on.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

Staying with Carmen and Francesco has been wonderful. This was my second time staying with them. It is a perfect place to come home to.They have a beautifully designed home. The bedrooms are very clean, pretty, and peaceful. The bed is better here in LIma, than at my own home.The bathrooms and showers are new and perfect with plenty of hot water.Their Kitchen is lovely and easy to cook in...and they serve a great breakfast of delicious fruit and breads. The apartment is on a very nice street, in a great location. Best of all, Carmen and Francesco were so helpful and kind. I was here for work and needed to get around easily, the WiFi always worked perfectly. When I come back to LIma, I will always want to stay with them!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank meg C
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

Staying in casa nuestra really will make a difference during your stay in Lima!! The house is lovely, colorful and full of peruvian art, as well as comfortable. You are in one of the nicest neighbourhoods, for eating, walking and shopping...also very safe. Carmen and Francesco are really great people!! They will make you feel very welcome and help you out with anything they can! It has been my home away from home..I truly recommend it!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Caracas, Venezuela
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

Francesco and Carmen are really nice. I was one week in Lima and had a wonderful time at their place. Barranco is a very nice neighborhood with a lot of restaurants. Carmen showed me around and gave me great tips about places to visit. My room was very clean and newly furbished. I had a lot fun.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

I have had experiences with Bed and Breakfast places before and didn't enjoy them at all. Carmen and Francesco have changed my opinion forever! Their house is amazing, I had my own private room with ensuite and it was impeccably clean and comfortable. They give you the run of the house and Carmen will make you a great healthy breakfast, if you want coffee thats Francesco's department in true Italian style. I even tried to convert them to Vegemite! I would have easily paid more for the accommodation! They arranged an airport pick up for me for only US$20 each way.
This is the place to stay, word of mouth is the best form of advertising and i'll be telling everyone I know who is travelling to Lima to stay here!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo