The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center
Hotels.com
US$156
US$136
2,374 results
All reviewsmaras restauranttallest buildingheavenly bedgreat hotelheavenly spawalk in closettwo sinksthe financial districtexecutive clubfloor to ceiling windowscorner roomgreat view of the citybusiness tripbusiness arealobby barhigh floorconcierge desk
Reviewed 11 January 2012

we stayed at the hotel for a week,a very nice hotel, good location..the rooms are good but they are not great,some have a very nice view..the breakfast buffet was too simple but the food was kinda good, giving the fact that food in lima is just perfect! the spa was amazing, it might be one of the best spas i have ever been to..it has big indoor poor..the service was good..
ps. don't use the hotel taxi/cab it is so expensive! u can just cross the steert and easily find a cab :)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank AngelinaSh
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2012

Thank you for your comments. I will review them regarding the food quality and share your congratulations with the spa team. Your suggestion to take a taxi outside the hotel is valid but I wish to share with you that three guests have been inconvinienced without going into details and so forth our recommendation of using the hotels taxi service. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with others. Best regards.

Reviewed 8 January 2012

My husband and I spent 4 nights at this hotel across our recent trip to Peru. The hotel is really beautiful and the rooms are brand new, super spacious and really nice. The concierge service is excellent, especially Jesus, who works at the concierge. He was amazing at making reservations for us at various restaurants, booking us cars, making suggestions for where to go, etc. The gym and pool are really nice. We dined at Maras Restaurant at the hotel which is super chic and tasty - def a must do if staying at the hotel. We used the car services between the airport and hotel several times which was a blessing given how busy the Lima airport is - the car services were super fast and reliable. The concierge even helped us bubble wrap a few bottles of pisco that we wanted to bring back in our suitcase.

Our only challenge with the hotel was that the doormen are very hesitant to call cabs (we wanted to use the secure yellow cabs) and really pushed us to use their car services which were 3-4 times more expensive than local cabs. I wish the hotel had a more reliable way to get guests secure, affordable local cabs.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank srb93
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2012

Thank you for your comments and recommendation. The team and I greatly appreciate them. In regards to taxis, I share with you the concern of the safety of the independent taxis on the street and am committed to look for other economical options for our guests in the near future. Have a great 2012.

Reviewed 8 January 2012

The hotel is a brand new building, located in the San Isidro district, which would be .
Rooms are big, with very modern gadgets and great view, though keeping in mind that given Lima's usual fog, these remain limited and it will be very difficult to get a sea view. Great beds and nice closets, bathrooms are also nice, with the only problem being that you can see the shower from every point of the room.
We got an executive room, which was very spacey, although the fare was almost twice the one of the basic double category.
Before going there I contacted the general manager and other persons from the staff asking them that if it was possible, I wanted to organize a surprise for my parents and get them an upgrade or a special treat as it was their anniversary trip. The GM shut me down, stating that since I didn't make the reservation directly with them, he wouldn't be able to help me, which shocked me, as I don't believe the hotel should underestimate any customer just because he made a reservation from the best rate option available, which in this case wasn't Westin. After that when I checked in, they told me that using the Executive lounge would cost me an extra charge, as according to them, I had booked a deluxe room, so I had to print and take my reservation details to the front desk, and even then they were hesitant to give me access to the Executive Lounge, which was all the point of getting that type of room.
The Spa was a disaster, as the only access the hotel provides free of an extra charge is the pool, and it was filled with children jumping around and since its all in a closed room it was very noisy and annoying.
With all the negatives in the table, I must also mention that the concierge made a great effort to arrange our reservations and made great recommendations for us.
If I returned to Lima on a leisure trip again I would definately look for something else at Miraflores (with the JW Mariott or the Miraflores Park being my first options) although I wouldn't mind the Westin for a business trip.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have tainted glasses which limit the views
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments. We take them seriously and you can be assured that I will address them with my team. Also, I apologize that I personally didnt fulfill your expectations and you are correct to assume that it doesnt matter how the guest booked the room. We value your business by all means. Regards.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

This is new hotel with the great design you may find in this worldwide chain. Everything is brandnew and service is customer oriented. In Lima, this hotel is seen with great rating but not with the best location. The hotel has its own taxi fleet that charges three time the average taxi. The club level has great view, and you get some snacks and drinks. The gym and the pool are great. Breakfast in the first floor is OK but crowded. Overall great hotel, but you may consider same quality with better locations in Miraflores district including Marriot and the Park Hotel

• Stayed: December 2011
5  Thank dremotion

Thank you for your comments and recommendation. We are proud of our wonderful new hotel. Our location is most convenient for corporate guests as we are our surrounded by office buildings, embassys and businesses. Also,many of our guests due to this fact, take the complimentary shuttle round trip to the Miraflores district in the evening after work. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next trip to Lima.

Reviewed 1 January 2012

TA HOTEL REVIEW # 192

MY TRAVEL STYLE: If possible, I try to stay away from business hotels and strongly prefer resorts that resemble the Four Seasons, Aman, and Oberoi but try to find similar properties at lower cost. I seek out the “wow” experiences.

LOCATION: We didn’t walk around but we didn’t see much outside the hotel that was of interest to tourists. Miraflores seems to be a better location. Being the tallest building in Lima makes for some nice views.

BEST WAY TO GET THERE: Private hotel transfer is $45USD+ about 20% in service fees. Taxi from the airport may be about $15USD but not as safe and the cars are not as nice as the new Audis the hotel uses.

TYPE OF ROOM: Corner executive suite.

BED/SHEETS/PILLOW: Perfect! Linens and pillows were heavenly

LIGHTING: Excellent light throughout all areas of the room.

BATHROOM/SHOWER: Beautiful and modern.

TOILETRIES: Excellent.

CLEANLINESS: Hotel is very new and spotless

A/C: Didn’t use

STYLE OF ROOM: Modern yet comfortable.

COMMON AREA: Modern and stylish… just like the pictures.

QUIET/MORNING LIGHT: Room was quiet and all morning light could be blocked.

FOOD: Breakfast for starwood platinum members was better than most other hotels and the view was amazing since nearly on the top floor of the tallest building.

TV/INTERNET: Didn’t use the TV but the internet was fast (free for starwood platinum)

SERVICE: People were very nice and service was very good.

SUMMARY: Definitely a top choice to stay but if a tourist and want a hotel in a walkable area this may not be the best choice. Other than that, this hotel will impress.

Room Tip: Higher floors have amazing views
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TravelSnob1
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Thank you for your comments and review. The team and I are committed to serving our guests as if they are family. We look forward to your next visit and wish you the best in 2012.