“Amazing, modern hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sao Paulo, SP
“Amazing, modern hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

We stayed at the Westin Lima during our wedding weekend. The hotel is very modern and well-kept. Our room was incredible, very spacious, comfortable bed, great bathroom. Service was great, from front desk to concierge and services in the spa and breakfast.
They also treated us very well as SPG members.
I can't remember a single negative point from this hotel, recommend it!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
Thank you for your comments and sharing them with the TA community. The team and I look forward to your next visit with us. Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

One of the most beautiful hotels we have ever stayed in. Modern and gorgeous. When you walk, it smells like a Westin - I don't know what they put in the air, but Westins always smell great, and they always smell like a Westin.

My husband managed to get us a suite; it was huge and absolutely beautiful. The suite was on a corner, with huge windows on two sides of the bedroom, that gave great views of Lima, especially at night with all the lights of the city. Yes, it was expensive, but it was so beautiful, it was absolutely worth it.

Room Tip: Consider upgrading to a suite for the amazing views.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AZViajera
All of us here at the hotel appreciate you sharing your comments about your experience here at the hotel on TA. Paul
Montreal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

I stayed at the Westin Lima for one night on November 15 at the very end of my trip in Peru. The hotel is simply gorgeous: the room are spacious, extra clean and modern. The bathroom is bigger than some of the hotel rooms I've stayed during my trip and the shower is divine. The staff is super friendly. The restaurant has nice food.

However, having traveled in Peru at boutique hotels and independant hotels you get used to having free wireless and free airport pick-up transportation. This is not the case at the Westin. The transportation service that pick you up from the airtport is 50$US + taxes! This is completely ridiculous: I was able to book at taxi at the airport for 40 Nuevo Sol (so less than 15$US) and asked the same taxi driver to pick-me up the next day at the hotel to go to the airport for the same price. This way, I was able to save more than 70$US then and took this money to buy a nice baby alpaca scarf. I am a 32-years old woman who is able to speak and understand spanish and I was not afraid of taking a taxi all by myself.
The internet is also around 15$US :at this time and age I find ridiculous to have to pay this amount for internet, especially when there is a Starbucks at less than a 90 seconds walk from the hotel offering free internet.

Basically, yes the hotel is amazing. I agree with everyone else. However, this is a business hotel designed for business people traveling to Lima (maily North Americans like myself). I often traveled for business and I do not look to much at the expenses. However, when you are traveling on your own, you tend to be more cafeful about those kind of spending. However, I very much enjoyed my stayed and since I am Starwood Gold member and preferred guest, I was able to get the room with a nice rebate.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. The team and I appreciate it. I am glad to hear that all went well with your airport transfers as we have had other guests whom werent so lucky and were assaulted. It is importnat to take safe and secure reliable transportation while in Lima. As for the wireless internet, all Westins worldwide charge at the currnet time as it is a brand standard to do so even though perhaps some competitors offer it complimentary. Best regards. Paul
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

We stayed 3 times during our leisure trip to Easter Island and Machu Picchu in Nov. Love the hotel. From friendly welcome at the desk, to great Pisco-Sour at Insitu bar. Not to mention the amazing rooms, we had the deluxe room twice and one of the corner room at the last stay. Really great bathroom and good bed. It almost has a Park Hyatt feeling to it (other than the Heavenly bed)! We know the location is not very touristy, but only about 12 soles cab ride away to downtown. The spa has a lot of great water treatments and you can simply book the minispa to enjoy!

Room Tip: Love the corner rooms!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your comments and headline!
All the best.
Paul
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

I stayed for four nights for business. I was impressed by the facility; it is really swanky. New building, gorgeous reception, two hip hotel bars, large, functional, and gorgeously decorated room. Breakfast was also really good. The problem is, the hotel is located afar from everything that you will visit in Lima, except for financial industries. Far from downtown, miraflores and other shopping and dining districts. The hotel is located in a sort of financial district. So if you come to Lima for (financial) business or you don't mind taking cabs to go anywhere, the hotel is worth the price.

Pros:
(1) New building. Everything seems very new and gorgeous; room, reception area, bars, restaurants.
(2) Pool and gym available. Pool was not very large but large (and gorgeous) enough for refreshing.
(3) Wifi is free in the reception area. About 15 dollars for in-room internet connection. The wifi signal reception in the reception are was not bad.
(4) Safe neighborhood.
(5) There are shops and supermarket in a walking distance.
(6) Staff are very friendly and efficient, typical of Westin.
(7) Room is large, very nicely decorated, with good shower and a large bath tub (I didn't use...)

Cons:
(1) Far from touristic attractions like Miraflores, downtown...
(2) Expensive.
(3) Hotel cab (or I should call it limo) is really expensive (you better catch a cab on the street, or ask a bellboy or the concierge to call one).

If you don't mind the price, and the location, I rate this hotel at definitely 4-star. Since I went or business I am happy about the hotel. But if you go to Lima for tourism...

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank makoto n
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Thank you for your comments you recently posted. We try very hard to satisfy every guests wants and needs. Our location is definately more geared for the corporate traveler but many leisure travelers enjoy our hotel and take advantage of our free shuttle to Miraflores. We look forward to your next visit with us. Paul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at Westin Lima last week. It was an awsome experience. The hotel is superb. Excellent service, brand new facilities, very good location in San Isidro. Also, great rate! In summary, a fantastic option if you are going to Lima.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Luis K
We appreciate your positive comments on the hotel. The team and I appreciate it very much. Paul
Sao Paulo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

WEstin Lima was above my expectations!!!The hotel is ultramodern,cool,with a nice staff,We had breakfast there and the selections were huge.Concierges were very nice and helpful.
I have just one complaint:INTERNET ACCESS.It was the slowest internet access I have always had,and the worst part was that I had to pay U$ for NOT using it!!!What a shame!!!

Room Tip: Try to book with breakfast included.Brakfast is great,but expensive,U$ 20 for person!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Liylly
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. I will look into the internet speed as we have recently upgraded it and yes, we do charge for it as this is a Westin brand standard at the present time. I apologize for the speed of your connection. Please come back soon. Paul