2,661 results
All reviews maras restaurant tallest building heavenly bed walk in closet great hotel the financial district executive club floor to ceiling windows corner room business area business trip lobby bar concierge desk room was spacious san isidro restaurants and bars breakfast buffet
Reviewed 12 January 2019

My wife and I were booked into this property as part of a very expensive tour of the Galapagos Islands and Machu Picchu. When we checked in at 2:30 pm there was one 650 ml bottle of water in the room for two people. The following morning after breakfast I personally stopped by the Concierge Desk and asked to have a couple of bottles of water sent up to our room.

About 40 minutes later a young man showed up sans water and asked if the mini bar was okay. I told him that the mini bar was fine, but that we had requested a couple of bottles of water. When no water had appeared an hour and a half later I took our empty bottle down with me to the front desk and asked to speak to the Front Desk Manager. When asked what it was about, I replied "a complaint" .

The receptionist disappeared for just a moment and returned to tell me that the Front Desk Manager was "off property at the moment." Although a another person stepped up and asked if he could help, listened politely, and resolved the problem quickly, I find it difficult to believe that a large, Luxury Class business hotel would allow the front desk to go without supervision in the middle of the day.

A short time later (as I am writing this review) an apology showed up at our door accompanied by a small bowl of fruit. A nice gesture, I suppose, but too late. The failure to properly stock the room with drinking water is no big deal. The Concierge's failure to fix the problem was mildly irritating. Not letting an obviously perturbed customer speak to someone in a position of authority about a service complaint can't be forgiven for a banana and a handful of grapes.

Room tip: Service in the in-house restaurant was great. Meals (2 brkfasts & 2 dinners) weren't. Not bad, just kind of ho hum.
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LuisBarboza, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2019

Dear jwburchell,

Thank you very much for your comments to contribute to our improvement, at Westin Lima we take the voice of our guests very seriously. All hotel rooms are delivered with 2 bottles of 650 ml water.

We actually received your complaint at our reception and proceeded to apologize, our duty manager contacted you and offered a courtesy dinner in our fine dinning for the perception of our service in addition we offering a box breakfast, and sent the detail of apologies to your room. According with our services recovery report you feel very grateful for this action.

We are very sorry not exceed your expectations but we promise to improve with each contribution like yours.

attentively

Reviewed 7 January 2019

We didn't know Lima, and our travel agency selected this hotel, which I have read is one of the best, if not the best, in Lima. It is in one of the top 3 tourist areas of this large city, and while we were able to walk to some places we wanted to see; most places are a taxi ride away. The hotel was well staffed at a luxury level; there were always willing staff to assist us; good concierge service, nice bar with Pisco Sours, the "Peruvian cocktail"; the room large, fine amenities, very modern. I used the spa for a massage, which included a steam room and heated pool to relax my tired muscles. The only weakness, and it is a small one, is the need to often taxi to a destination. We would happily stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2019 via mobile

I frequently travel to Luma on business and always stay at the Westin. Rooms, food, service, staff and overall experience is perfect.

I highly recommend this hotel.

You can WhatsApp the hotel for everything, literally they will do everything to help you. From transportation to restaurant reservations.

The hotel is located in San Isidro which is a business area. (Not a tourists one but near if you need to go to restaurants and sightseeing). Definitely a business hotel.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 December 2018 via mobile

I stayed in the Westin Lima on a business trip in December 2018. It's a very nice and very well maintained hotel located in Lima’s San Isidro neighborhood. Rooms are what one expects from an upmarket hotel, very modern and very well furnished. Gym is small but vey well equipped, breakfast facilities are pretty good, with a surprisingly good tea selection. There is a Starbucks within walking distance of the hotel. I would definitely stay at the Westin Lima again.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 December 2018 via mobile

This is definitely a beautiful hotel...the most impressive part is their spa. It’s pricey but worth it! With every treatment you can have 30 minutes to yourself in the mini spa which has a whirlpool and dry sauna...the hottest dry sauna I’ve ever been in! Nice and relaxing! The bigger circuit spa was a little pricey...$50 per person for just 90 minutes. We did not try it but was impressed with the facility. Rooms were amazing and clean. The area was more for business folks and not touristy but was fine with us.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple