Ibis Larco Miraflores
US$128
US$115
Travelocity
2,785 results
All reviewsrooms are smallgreat locationtaxi servicefew blocksfree wifiwalking distancecomfortable bedkennedy parkshopping mallwater pressuresafe areathe cliffvisiting limamachu picchumirafloresperularco
FilterAll languages

Reviewed 21 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 11 January 2014

This hotel was excellent! Food options for dinner too and the breakfast included was just right. So many good restaurants nearby with some of the best dining I have ever had in my life and that is everywhere in Peru too. In the city centre of Lima and close to many of the main tourist attractions, it is great value for your money. Clean and nice new rooms; IBIS chain never lets me down. Always can expect consistent service and quality from them whether it is in South America or somewhere in Europe. Highly recommend this hotel. We had my 2.5 year old in a side bed which was perfect for her. Did not need to take a portable cot for this trip either. Definitely a great place to stay if in Lima.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The IBIS is fabulously located on Jose larco Avenue...a 3 min walk from the Larcomar mall, JW Marriot etc. Its safe and the staff speak English. Taxi fare from the airport if around 55 soles to and 45 soles back to the airport. safer to book vide the hotel even though you pay a few soles more. A quick walk down gets you to casinos, malls, supermarkets. The main square is 30 mins away by cab. Would recommend this hotel is you are staying for a night or two.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel whilst on business in Peru. The hotel was quite welcoming and the staff very friendly and helpful.
The breakfast was quite sufficient to cope with us British, but obviously mainly catered for Continental breakfast. As our stay was short, and we were only able to go out during the evening, we opted for meals in the mall, about 5 minutes walk down the road.

The restaurant was very clean, but looked rather like a John Lewis Cafe....it would not really do for me to use this for a meal had I been with my wife!

Rooms were very clean, and air conditioned...although the Hotel is only two years old I was told.The security to the lift was very good, necessitating you room card to access the floor you were on, and each room had a safe in the room for your valuables.
There was free WIFI, and a couple of computers for guest use in the foyer.

The road ouside the Hotel was very busy, and a traffic warden was very eager to put parking tickets on cars outside the hotel...I think that she was there all day, everyday. Taxis had to either be very quick, or as ours did, park in the underground carpark, and collect their fares. There was a taxi firm within the hotel and a couple of their staff outsde beckoning potential customers.

There is a lot of building work going on in Miraflores, and I would expect that in the height of summer, as the name suggests is beautiful when all the flowers at out. I can see that it is an expanding area. with a sharp contrast in surroundings a mile or two down the road.

The driving there is atrocious..I often closed my eyes as the taxi driver weaved in and out of the traffic. I doubt whether many of the vehicles have any sort of MOT, or insurance, as many look home made....eg, an old Lambretta motor scooter with a large steerable front tray on it. You will struggle to see a car without damage, so I would not advocate driving there.

Local buses I would not recommend, scruffy, untidy and many looked unroadworthy, and overcrowded with locals, so beware.
We were also warned about taxi drivers. they will rip you off if they can, so get a price BEFORE you travel. Travelling about is therefore a bit of a problem, methinks!

The Large shopping mall down the road is also well worth a visit, but although the food is cheap in comparison to British, clothes and shoes are very expensive...obviously to cater for clientelle of the large Marriot Hotel adjacent to it.

Sorry to off on a bit of a tangent, but I think that a few notes about the locality can be useful.

All in all I would fully recommend the Ibis Hotel for both Business and vacation, but the choice is yours whether you have an evening meal there. The world is your Oyster with the large choice of restaurants locally.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business