“Great stay, very friendly and clean.”

Casa Bella Miraflores
Ranked #70 of 228 Hotels in Lima
“Great stay, very friendly and clean.”
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Great place to stay, good location friendly and helpful staff, hot showers and comfortable beds. Highly recommend for budget stay.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank benparko

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2011

When we first walked into Casa Bella Miraflores, we were very pleased with the space and the staff. We were greeted with a glass of orange juice, and helpful suggestions for our visit to Lima. We had also been picked up from the airport which was great!

As soon I stepped into our room, I was overwhelmed with the mustiness. The hotel website says recently renovated rooms, but this one had not been renovated. The bathroom sink was falling off the wall causing water to accumulate and not drain. However, the bed was very comfortable.

My parents had been given a room on the ground floor that I visited the next day. It was a completely different experience. Their room had been renovated, and was very nice. I asked the hotel staff to move me to another room and luckily the second room on the ground floor was available.

Breakfast was not good. The staff didn't clear the tables, so when you sat down for breakfast you had dirty dishes in front of you. We had to ask the staff to remove them.

I think that Casa Bella has a lot of potential to be a great hotel in Miraflores, but the hotel needs to be updated in order to be comfortable for all guests.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank mhstravels
Casa-Bella, Owner at Casa Bella Miraflores, responded to this review, 16 August 2011
I would personally like to thank our guest for this first review that our hotel gets in Trip Advisor. We just recently took over this place back in May, so we have only got about three months into renovation. I totally understand our guest on his comments and I can assure our future friends that all our rooms have been renovated for a complete relax and clean stay. Our last two reviews provide that independent perspective for better reassurance.

Our philosophy to do things takes us to focus on great customer service. I have personally been educated abroad and quite often I get to travel myself. These activities have helped me get a good sense of what our international guests want when staying outside their borders.

As the owner of Casa Bella Miraflores I extend the invitation to all our friends around the world to come and visit us and to also analyze our last reviews for Casa Bella Miraflores and the ones we get in Casa Bella San Isidro, which add up to more than 230 reviews over a longer period in business. Our other boutique hotel in San Isidro has over six years of experience in hospitality business and it is ranked among the best three in Trip Advisor from more than 200 B&B and boutique hotels in Lima.

I would like to end my comments by thanking again our former guest for his review, as this does not only help us improve our residence atmosphere and service but it also help us remind ourselves that this is an opportunity to connect and interact with great human beings from all over the world .

All my best,

Orlando Sánchez A.
Casa Bella Miraflores
Owner
Atlanta
Reviewed 3 August 2010

We stayed here because we had a 12 hour layover from CUZCO/LIMA/TO the US.
The staff was really nice; i loved the room we were in a room with ocean view; and had a balcony. The room was airy; clean; we loved the little flat tv. Anyway it was basic; but clean and decent. Would stay here again. We stayed at casa andina in miraflores ( classic casa andina ) and dont see the point why. This place is very relexing.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Manchester
Reviewed 30 July 2010

The staff at Residencial Alfa were great to us after my wife's luggage was delayed. This meant we missed our transfer (which they did not make us pay for) and were very helpful in directing the taxi driver to the Hostal. They also translated for us to the airline to get the bag delivered there. This great service was apparent throughout our stay: rooms were very clean and breakfast was fine, we just asked for more! This Hostal is great value for it's fantastic location right on the cliff tops within easy reach (walking distance) of Miraflores centre and transport connections to central Lima. Overall great value for it's location and service.

• Stayed August 2010
Melbourne
Reviewed 14 June 2010

Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Here is a hostel in a great location in one of Lima`s best suburbs that, unfortunately, I`d advise you to avoid. Why? Because the rooms that Lonely Planet trumpets as airy and well appointed are, in fact, cold and mouldy. The complimentary breakfast is a saucer, yes a saucer, of scrambled eggs accompanied by sugary bread, a sugary orange drink and syrupy coffee or tea.And the whole place has the unloved feel of a Soviet era worker`s hostel. The real shame is that the location - close to a park by the sea at the north end of Miraflores - is genuinely great and the staff are nice. But Lima is too much fun for anyone to endure a depressing stay at Residencial Alfa. We bolted from its dank environs after just one night. I`d suggest that you save yourself the time by giving it a miss altogether.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple