“Very good food and service, but..”
Review of Rigoletto Lima

Rigoletto Lima
Ranked #12 of 2,803 Restaurants in Lima
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An authetic Italian vibe makes Rigoletto a gathering place for locals and hip visitors. The menu is traditional Tuscan with varied daily special and samplinig of regional dishes, excellent food, great service and great atmosphere.
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The food served at Restaurante Rigoletto was very good, as was the service. The reason I am giving them two stars is because the staff added a tip from our credit card, after we left the premises, without our knowledge or consultation.

The bill already included a 10% tip, but like many restaurants in South America, you can manually add a tip on the credit card receipt, which is processed afterwards. At the time of payment, the waiter did not ask if I wanted to tip extra (which I would have), or give me a pen to write in any amount, but simply gave me my copy of my receipt.

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, I left it at that, only to check my credit card account afterwards to see that an tip of 20% was added on top of the 10% already on the bill. I find it extremely disappointing when any establishment, especially one so highly rated on tripadvisor, resorts to (in my opinion), dishonest conduct for a few extra dollars. I'm sure this is not the way that the locals would be treated.

So as a word of advice for travellers wishing to have a meal at this restaurant, either pay in cash, or make sure to ask for the restaurants copy of the receipt to put in your own amount. This shouldn't have to be the case for any reputable restaurant, but alas, it is what it is.

2  Thank Samuel_856
Rigoletto L, Propietario at Rigoletto Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Mr.Samuel
First of all we care about the discomfort he had to go to see on your credit card report a small fee, which unfortunately did not the waiter or the manager of the box, this additional cost makes card companies such as Visa , master card, etc, when one uses them outside their Country, charges vary by card or by Country, we know this because on another occasion also it happened to other cclientes and it was observed that the position were the same companies of policy tarjetas.Por our restaurant we ever would we do without those charges the customer's consent.
Thanks for letting us clarify the misunderstanding.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Rigoletto is a wonderful, albeit hidden, little restaurant in Lima, Peru. My husband found it on trip advisor and the reviews speak for themselves. Fantastic food, great service and decent pricing! If you like authentic Italian dining then this place is the place for you!

2  Thank ds_scio

Thank you very much for your comment on our local we strive every day to our clients as ud.tengan an unforgettable experience.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We were a party of 12 that went to this restaurant our last night in Peru. Four of us were going back to the states, the rest were locals of Lima. Everyone loved loved lived this restaurant. The food was amazing. The service amazing. The owner,prior to opening up this little gem, cooked at a well know restaurant in our home town of Miami. He was there that evening and we enjoyed talking with him. The restaurant is very pretty and romantic, if that is what you are looking for. Wonderful, fresh, both Italian and local Peruvian food and nicely priced. I trust trip advisor and this place deserves it high ranking!!!!!

2  Thank KarenStan95
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This restaurant is just around the corner from where I presently live in Lima so I am a regular visitor. The menu, service & quality of food is excellent & I am the type of person that if I visit a restaurant & it does not meet my expectations, no second chance, I do not return. I would strongly advise anyone being either local or tourist to pay it a visit. The dining area is nicely laid out & the decor pleasing. The staff are attentive & polite & most importantly the food is excellent & well presented.

2  Thank Anthony M
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My friends and I, while walking around our hotel in the Miraflores district of Lima, happened across this small restaurant set back off the street with a not too impressive facade. We were hungry and it was late for lunch so we decided to try it. What a surprising treat! The restaurant is small and intimate and decor is simple, with the emphasis, I would think, on the service and the food. We had a variety of pasta and fish dishes on the table, which we all delighted in sampling. All of the food we ordered was absolutely excellent. We had a wonderful red Peruvian wine, and the service was "just so." I would return to Lima just to enjoy another interesting and enticing meal at this restaurant.

2  Thank Cecilia37