“A Caring Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 226 Hotels in Lima
Greensburg, Indiana
“A Caring Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

A wonderful hotel with a very caring staff. I managed to get food poisoning off the premises and became very very sick at night. My room became a mess from vomiting and diarrhea. Sometimes I managed to get to the bathroom in time and sometimes not. I was miserable and by myself in Lima Peru. I ordered up ice to cool my temperature down and fight dehydration. When the guy cam he saw that I was in trouble and he took control. He got more staff up to my room to clean it up and change all my bedding. I was embarrassed but they kept saying "don't worry about it" and "what can they do to help." They refused to take any gratuity. They informed the front desk and they called to tell me not to worry about check out time and I could stay as long as I wanted without any additional expense. Later in the afternoon I managed to get down to the front desk to thank them and they took one look at me and sent me back to my bed. 20 minutes later I had a Doctor, Nurse and Translator in my room. He gave me an injection, antibiotic pills and electrolite fluids. He refused to let me pay him anything!! When it was time to leave they came to my room to escort me to the transport to the Lima airport. These people were unbelievable! I was sooo sick and alone and they took control to do what they could do to help me. I would recommend this hotel over and beyond anyplace I ever stayed before. Many thanks to them and bless them all for such kind care they extended to me when I was most vulnerable.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank philgoddard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

We asked them to phone us a taxi to go to the airport and they said we have our own car that we can take you in. We asked how much and were told 35.00 so we asked is that 35 pesos as we know some hotels quote in US$. Yes 35 pesos he said. We paid 45 pesos for the trip from the airport, in a Remise car, which is always more because they have to pay for parking. When we get to the airport the driver says 85.00 pesos, we argue with the driver but my husband pays as we have to catch our flight. When we get into the airport I phone the hotel and explain the situation and am told the price is 85 pesos and they can not explain why we were told twice that it was 35 pesos. Maybe we could have misheard the amount once but not twice and 35 sounds nothing like 85. I was, and still am, so angry and contacted the hotel by email 5 weeks ago requesting a refund and still no reply. We should have given the driver 35 pesos and walked away but then they have our credit card details.

Totally dishonest establishment.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pamies
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

The hotel is in good shape. Very clean, very safe (whatever that means cause i did not see the crime issues that were prevalent in the tourist warning - especially Miraflores).
The rooms are clean and comfortable - Windows high up are a little dirty and the drapes seems like theya re very old.
The restaurant servers an AMAZING dinner - Bar man was a little put off when i questioned my chnage - Dollar to Sol was still new to me. Breakfast is good but they were having some trouble keeping hot things hot.
Chicken diet soupa for breakfast was excellent - someof the best soup i've ever had.
The bell men were very good and promptly got our luggage to our room.

1 Thank Ignacious B
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Hotel is centrally located in the safe district of Miraflores, so it was convenient to a lot of restaurants and easy to walk around. Surprised to note a couple of casinos - across the street and down the block - and there is a large supermarket at the opposite end of the block (good for snacks and lots more!). Our junior suite was on 17th floor, so we didn't get (or notice?) street noise - and had great views in 2 directions out over the city and coastline. There was a sitting room upon entrance, but just chair, table & sofa - no TV. From the sitting room there was a hallway, toilet & tub/shower in room to one side, sink & counter (open) plus the closet, on other side. Strange, but it worked. Then we entered the bedroom - in a corner, thus the sweeping views. Large, comfortable bed at the wall, then desk and a chest of drawers with a TV atop it were on the window sides. Be sure to have the bellboy show you how to operate the TV - it involved several steps to get it turned on and the cable channels displaying! The night-time curtains only covered part of the large window expanse, so we had early morning light (luckily the room faced mostly West!). Bathroom showed signs of renovations and modifications, but it - like the rest of the suite - was clean. Staff were most helpful - reception, concierge and cleaning - friendly and easy to speak with. Buffet breakfast was ample, though crowded when we were there, with a good selection of hot and cold items. Overall, we were very glad we chose this hotel - safe, clean, good location, good staff, good room and a good value.

1 Thank Chaltom
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

Excellent value in a reasonable location. When we booked this hotel we thought that bring in the miraflores location this would equate to the hotel being situated in the tourist area of 'pretty' miraflores. The hotel is located on a busy main road where drivers toot their horns at an incessant evel s make sure you chose a room on a high level. The traffic is literally busy until 3am with the roads often gridlocked.
We stayed in a junior suite for two nights. The hotel was clean and the suite had an amazing view across Lima.
Watch out for their 'welcome drink' coupons though. No one tells you these refer to a peruvian dink that you are never offered by the barman even though you have shown him the voucher. The barman on the top floor was very grumpy and ruined the experience of drinks overlooking the city.
Breakfast is good and is served on the top floor. Overall very satisfied.

Room Tip: High level to avoid hearing the oud traffic below
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

We had been to Lima 10 days prior and stayed at another hotel which was also wonderful, but on our return from the Amazon, we needed just a place to overnight. Research about the area around the airport dictated that we came back to Miraflores. We couldn.t get into our previous hotel so chose this instead. We couldn't have been happier. Located right in the main area of Miraflores, on Larco Ave, just up from the Larcomar. The rooms were spacious, well appointed, with a terrific bed. They also gave us a welcome drink at the bar on arrival and water is included complimentary in the room. Unfortunately we had to check out very early the next day so didn't get a chance to sample breakfast. I would definitely stay here again and am comfortable recommending to others. Staff at checkin were very helpful , as were concierge, who also ensured we had a safe taxi to travel back to the airport in.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

We stayed for a week in Miraflores, Lima and had a wonderful time at this hotel. The hotel feels every bit of 5 stars, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is wonderful here, they have absolutely everything including cold and hot food. The bar on the 21st floor was also wonderful, serving beautiful drinks with a beautiful view of the city. The only negative thing I'd say is that they didn't change our toilet paper/tissues/soap enough during our 1 week stay, and we actually ran out of toilet paper one night which wasn't great. But overall I'd highly recommend this hotel :)

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor (there are 21 floors in the hotel) as the traffic in Lima is lou...