“Cool hostle”
Review of HosteLima

HosteLima
Ranked #90 of 358 Speciality Lodging in Lima
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed at this hostel 4 days and it was good decision I made. Clean and good location and I met there 2 nice girls to join me to Cusco. All the staffs who are working there helped me there and you can see their great hospitality and kindness. It was nice to meet these guys we had quite good time with a staff and the guests. I strongly recommend this hostel. In the night at the bar you can sometime get free shots with everybody.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 July 2014

For me its felt like home been there, the staff the pepole and the balkony up stairs , you relly can't ask more...
After 3 full weeks i can easily say its one of the best hostels i have been in all of my trip

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were the only people in the hostel that didn't speak Hebrew so no one was interested in socialising. Couldn't sleep because everyone stands outside the bedroom area smoking pot and coming into the room to top up their drinks with vodka.
When we arrived we asked if we could do laundry but they said they don't do laundry. So we asked why it is advertised as doing laundry on hostelworld... they said it doesn't matter and they don't need to change it.
The worst thing was the smoking in the social rooms. I was very ill a few years ago with a lung condition (something I still take painkillers for) and having to cough badly irritates it. We asked the staff a couple of times if they could stop people doing it. They did as, but people continued to smoke anyway. So we asked again and they said that 'there is nothing more we can do' and 'the boss says it's okay when the football is on' and then walked off and ignored us. Even the staff were smoking inside DESPITE IT BEING ILLEGAL in Peru.
If you are silly enough to ignore this review and you choose to stay in the dorm rooms, I hope you look around at the floors, which are literally covered in teenagers clothes, weed and bottles of empty alcohol, think of me and say 'dam you wise wombat'.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thewisewombat
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My friends and I decided to travel around South America. This trip was outside my comfort zone and so was staying at a hostel. I know that may sound a little high maintenance, but staying at this hostel really changed my views. This hostel is very clean, the staff is so nice and I met some really awesome people. I felt so comfortable here. I know hostels can sometimes get bad reviews or bad stigmas, but this place definitely doesn't feel like a hostel and you know you're somewhere fun, safe and around the Lima action! If you're debating between hostels in Lima, definitely make this place your first choice!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 29 June 2014

HosteLima will be my first review for any place around Peru, and they deserve it.
stayed 3 nights at HosteLima and I will remember it for years because of the great atmosphere and the funny people that stayed there.

Staying there is like staying at a friend's place with friends, sitting on the roof top all night, playing guitar, drinking together, and even going out together to see what Lima can offer.
You feel welcomed and when it is time to leave you'll thinking about all the great moments you had ("happy hour Friday").

Rooms and bathroom are clean, Food is awesome, and the staff is always ready to help you: choose a restaurant, place to go, book a flight and even some of them will go out with you to party.

TIP - If you like soccer, ask the owner to organize guests from the hostel to play together. He booked for us indoor soccer arena. Was AWESOME!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Although I crushed at the hostel for just 1.5 it was worth to write it here and praise the place. Took a flight from Cusco to Lima and I had to wait in Lima for my connection to US. A friend told me to contact the Hostel and they will take it from there. It was much more than I expected... A driver waited for me at the airport and later took me to the hostel. It was 11:00PM and the bad was ready for me and the guy in the checkin was very nice!

The next day the owener suggested me places to visit and actually gave me a ride to one of them.

You can see on the people that run the place that its a great one even though I had to be there just 2 days.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great rooms with a great atmosphere. The place gives you a great warm feeling of home. The staff can help you with anything you ever need. The hostel is very popular with travellers from all over the world and the atmosphere was great. You can find partners for every activity you'd like. The rooms are clean and the beds are great. Great value for money!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo