“The loveliest hostess (and host) in a good location”

and 1 more site!
Residencial Miraflores B&B
Ranked #4 of 304 Lima B&B and Inns
Aussie in UK
“The loveliest hostess (and host) in a good location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights only, but wish we had been able to stay longer. Ana Maria was the highlight of our stay - she was an absolute charm. She really made the accommodation feel like a home away from home.

The location was perfect only a few blocks from the main street to enable you to reach plenty of restaurants and shops. It was about a 20-30minute walk from the beach or a 5min cab ride (depending on your budget!). But I think the advantage of this location was that it was quiet, yet still close to plenty of choices for shops and restaurants.

The weather was quite 'English' while we were there with grey skies but no rain, so it didn't matter to us that we weren't directly on the beach.

The b&b is done up to an average specification with no frills around the edges, but it's more than adequate and very clean and tidy with a smallish room, with decent size shower, plenty of hot water and storage places to unpack with a tv in our room. Though the small room did not bother us as there was a lovely common area for us to enjoy with a massive television, computer with internet and dining table for 8 people where we enjoyed many a lovely conversation with Ana Maria and the other guests that passed through.

Breakfast was simple with breads, butter and jam and plenty of hot tea or coffee. Apparently Ana Maria doesn't normally do eggs for breakfast, but she did when we were there, so that was also nice. There were so many great restaurants in Lima that it didn't matter to us that breakfast wasn't so filling.

It's not a 5-star finish, but it is a home away from home with cosy beds and a lovely owner. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Munich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Right now we understand why this B&B has only “excellent” ratings.  Ana Maria and her family are incredible hosts! When we stayed here, we felt like we were visiting a member of our family. Ana Maria and her husband Mauricio took care of every detail! They helped in everything, for example with hotels for the next city, and even organized us the bus tickets by calling the bus company who delivered the tickets directly to the B&B. The rooms are beautiful, spacious and very clean. The location is in Miraflores, a great district in Lima, it felt very safe even late at night and you can walk without any problems to the restaurants, shops and squares.

While we stayed there, it just happened to be the birthday of Ana Maria. Very kind as she is, she also invited us to her party! We could stay in our room even though we had no reservation for that night and she had planned not to have guests that night to have more space for her party. We felt just like old friends of Ana Maria and her family. We had such a great time.

We highly recommend to stay in this beautiful bed and breakfast with Ana Maria and her lovely family.

• Stayed August 2013
Beverly MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

I needed a short stay in Lima alone to visit some relatives and a friend recommended Residencial Miraflores. What a gem. So friendly, so eager to help with airport transport and recommendations for restaurants, shops, pharmacies - whatever you want. And it is located in a lovely part of Miraflores, a safe, clean, sophisticated, and beautiful suburb of Lima. I was able to walk to the Malecon along the clifftop overlooking the Pacific Ocean every day for exercise, walk to the Metropolitano bus to go into Lima on cheap and efficient public transport. Need a taxi? - it is located near major streets so the longest it took to hail a cab was five minutes. Laundry around the corner so you don't have to pack a lot. Artesanal market four blocks away. And the room was comfortable, clean, good TV and bathroom with shower. I wish I could find equivalent places in other places I travel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Lichfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

I arrived in Lima to marry my lovely Peruvian wife and checked in this resort for my family who were coming to see me get wed. I also stayed the night before my wedding. I can say that everything was top quality, from the quality of the rooms all the way to the fantastic hospitality. Been as me and my wife was still busy, even when my family arrived, dealing with our wedding, the couple running the residency was very kind and even looked after my family. They took them out to top restaurants and top sites to visit. The people here were warm and caring and always willing to cater to your needs. They have a lovely dog (Chicho.) Who is friendly and always likes to play. They serve lovely breakfast at a table with other people, they way you would at home and they are genially interested in helping you and talking to you. I am doing some injustice not even mentioning more. I've been in some top top quality hotels but this is the most personal and most hospitable hotel I have ever been to. Totally recommend it. I have recommended this to friends too and they are happy with their choice too.

A********

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

No matter what you're looking for Mauricio and Anna Maria are there to help. Whether you are traveling for business, pleasure, solo, or in a group i'm sure they will accommodate in any way possible.

The family are some of the kindest most loving people I had the pleasure of crossing paths with during my three months in Peru. So much so that I returned to this B&B 3 times during my 3 month back pack stint just so I could spend time with them. They became my Peru family and I looked forward to returning to Residencia Miraflores for so many reasons. .

First the home. it's beautiful. High ceilings like I have never seen, and stained glass windows line the foyer and main area. The whole architecture of the house is beautiful. definitely worth checking out. The rooms and bathrooms were immaculate as there is a small army of magical women who clean that house until it shines like the top of the Chrysler Building. Privacy is not an issue at all. If you spend a night there you will see how easy it is to feel as though this is your home away from home. .

The area was safe and walking distance to everything you could possibly want to do in Miraflores. Plus it's just far enough away from the bar scene that you could sleep peacefully, but close enough to walk a few blocks and grab a drink and some Ceviche. Lima has a bad wrap, and rightfully so. I highly recommend Miraflores. It has parks galore, tree lined streets, and salsa livening up Parque Kennedy on the regular. you won't be disappointed.

Staying at Residencia Miraflores was such an amazing experience I can't recommend it enough.

Room Tip: Front Room on the Right. just tell them Lindsey's favorite. I'm sure they will know. so love...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

This was our first time in Peru , Anna Maria's B&B was so lovely the bedrooms are very clean and comfortable with own shower room and toilet ,the hospitality we were shown was second to none , we were made to feel at home right from the start of our stay until the end , it felt like we had been staying with friends we were welcomed into Anna Maria's home as if we were family , we cannot find words that praise this B&B enough or the lovely lady who runs it ,we highly recommend this B&B had a great time, hope to see you again Norman, Norah Keith x

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

There's not much more to say that other reviewers haven't already said. This place shines because of Ana Maria, the owner. She's a delight - friendly and warm and kind.

The house itself is a gorgeous old traditional Peruvian home and we picked it to deliberately experience something other than a hotel room. It's clean and very spacious but basic and homely - if you are looking for 4 or 5 star amenities this is not the place for you. The sheets are clean and the bed gets made every day (towels changed too). The shower is hot and pressure is excellent.

Ana makes a simple little breakfast (bread, egg if you want, fruit, juices, coffee). She had us try different native South American fruits like granadillas and chilimoyas. There's also a cute little hamburger bar thing next door - literally four tables in a tiny room, but the food was fresh and light and delicious. The most amazing lemon verbena lemonade. When we arrived, Ana rushed us over before they closed so that we could have something to eat before falling into bed.

The B&B is really well located: easy walking distance to banks, restaurants, the cat park, the LarcoMar (probably around 10-15 mins walk) and Inca ruins. One of Peru's best restaurants, Gaston Acurio's Panchita (where he re-interprets traditional Peruvian street food in a modern way), is right around the corner. We ate there twice because it was so convenient!

Wifi went out while we were there; bit annoying but Ana did everything she could to fix it.

...and how could I forget? One of the best things about the place is Chicho! Oh, little Chicho the siberian husky. He's so adorable, loves a pat and a play and is all-round awesome.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple