“Well located in Miraflores, a safe area of Lima”

Casa Andina Select Miraflores
Ranked #32 of 226 Hotels in Lima
Toronto, Canada
“Well located in Miraflores, a safe area of Lima”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights with Gate 1 travel. Front desk staff were very helpful, bell boys good and we found the hotel well located within walking distance of Larcomar shopping centre and Kennedy Park. Restaurants close by. Room was clean as was hotel in general. Bed was comfortable but the towels on the first stay looked a little old. There was an air conditioning unit but it did not work in the heat mode, staff said they'd provide a heater if I needed it. Hot tub was by reservation only and they were cleaning it the day I wanted to use it so couldn't as it was empty. Breakfast very tasty and clean with lots of staff.
Rooms by the road side were noisy with traffic. Taxis beeping at 5am to get customers. About an hour from the airport but Miraflores is safe with many cameras and lots of Police or City staff on every corner.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the road side
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank alsupremo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Cuiaba, MT
Reviewed 29 June 2013

This hotel Located in the Heart of Miraflores Lima . It is located about 10 minutes from the beach and the shopping mall very near are a park John F. Kennedy and Miflores central park
Also can find shops and food (the famous and delicious restaurant Astrid and Gaston is near ) and there are a supermarket very close by with huge selection.
The hotel is very nice, clean and modern having rooms roomy and fancy but , mine was a little noisy (I found some hearing protection devices near the bed ) the bathroom is very nice.
The breakfast is very good , hotel staff is kind and efficient .
I recommend this hotel

Room Tip: There are a few Casa Andina hotels in this neighborhood in Lima, so make sure you tell your cab driv...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I stood at the Andina Select twice on my trip to Peru, once when I first arrived in the country and then for a night before my flight back. The good marks for the hotel are its location and the price. It is a close walk to Parque Kennedy and maybe 15 minutes from the Pacific Ocean. Of course you do pay a price for the location as blowing your car horn in Peru seems a national past time. You hear the blowing of horns all night in your room so be wary if you are a light sleeper.

The staff of the hotel needs a major upgrade. I arrived early in the morning, they stored my luggage until my room was ready and I asked if I could have breakfast in the hotel restaurant if I paid for it. The front desk said of course and then quoted me one price. I was then quoted a different price when I went to the restaurant before I ate and a third price when it came to pay the bill. No harm, no foul in this case since the final price I ended up paying was the cheapest.

I had a flight out to Cuzco in a few days at 6 am and was told that I needed to be out of my room by 2 am if I wanted to catch my flight. Needless to say I waited at the airport for hours since the 4 hour window was much longer than I needed. I guess this wasn't much harm to this either since arriving with extra time before your flight is often a good thing. Still, I would expect for the hotel to know how long it takes to reach the airport and check in for a domestic flight at 6 am. I told the front desk to charge the taxi to my room and they assured me that it would be the case.

I checked out, at 2 am, and was told by the front desk that the bill was paid. I then got in my taxi and was told that the taxi was not included in the bill. Needless to say I wasn't pleased. I was then in the Sacred Valley for a few days without any internet connection. When I got back on the internet I saw that I had an email a day stating that I checked out without paying my bill!

I called the hotel and said that I checked out and when I did the front desk said that everything was in order. Needless to say a mistake was made on their part and they never did charge me. They then wanted me to submit my credit card number via email! I told them that that wasn't exactly the safest way to do such a transaction.

Too many mistakes by the front desk and staff. Cannot recommend staying here any under any circumstances.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Meowy
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Good location in Miraflores. It's good value for a hotel of this standard. New, big, very well-equipped and modern design room and bathroom. The a/c was a bit noisy though otherwise it was be great. Mixed feelings about the service - the staff at breakfast were pleasant and attentive, the front desk was ok but after we checkout, the hotel staff were just standing around and no one offered any help with the luggage or to get the transport. Maybe it's because we were carrying bag packs and looked like budget travelers... I don't know.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Wokingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very nice and modern. Very rich breakfast but in Peru it's very normal. Located in the Heart of Miraflores Lima! You can find great shops and food in this area. The staff was always kind . This is a new hotel. We never used the Gym because we stayed just for one day but we managed to take advantage of the hot tub on the roof ( it wasn't so great because it didn't warm up perfectly ) .The rooms were clean, and the service was excellent.
I would stay here again and recommend to anybody who wants to stay in Lima. You will be happy with this hotel and what it has to offer!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank brianang2883
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 June 2013

This was a nice hotel in Lima, in a great neighborhood - the only neighborhood to stay in in Lima, Miraflores. The Casa Andina Select has nice rooms, and the hotel is very clean, in what felt like a relatively safe neighborhood / road. It's walking distance to good sights, and you an also walk down to the waterfront. The price of the hotel was OK, middle of the road for Peru. I'd stay here again, but think you might be able to go a little more high end on the room for the same price if you really look, around.

There are a few Casa Andina hotels in this neighborhood in Lima, so make sure you tell your cab driver the exact address, and that it is the SELECT.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Like many, we stayed here on both ends of our Gate 1 tour. The hotel and staff were excellent. Breakfast had everything we needed. The potatoes were particularly good. Internet was strong in both rooms we had, and we used the internet center to print boarding passes. I believe it had 5 terminals. The hotel has an excellent location, and we walked to many places. I would stay jere again.

Room Tip: When we were in 212, there was a little bit of noise from the open lobby. 418 was a corner room and...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple