“Great relaxing stay”

Ranked #31 of 228 Hotels in Lima
Calgary, Canada
“Great relaxing stay”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

After a tiring trip to Cusco and Machu Picchu, we stayed a few days in Miraflores at Casa Andina Select, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff is very professional yet friendly, the room was spacious, comfortable and very clean. The top floor has a nice sauna and a relaxing hot tub, and a well equipped gym. The most points go to the included breakfast, with lots of fresh fruits to choose from, breads, cereals, eggs, etc. The servers there are very friendly and attentive. The oceanfront is about 10 minutes walking distance from the hotel, and so is Kennedy park where you can catch the famous Mirabus.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
CasaAndina_CS, Propietario at Casa Andina Select Miraflores, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive review and for choosing us for your stay in Lima.

We are pleased you enjoyed your room and our facilities. As you mention, we are placed in a
center location, where you can walk almost everywhere.

It is gratifying to know our staff was professional and attentive to you, as this is part of our standards.

We would be glad to serve you again in the future.

The Casa Andina Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Phoenix
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Hotel very modern, clean, convenient. I found prices very competitive with similar Miraflores properties. Easy walk to anyplace in Miraflores. Room was not ready when I arrived at 10am but quickly offered shower/changing/storage facilities.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and for choosing Select Miraflores for your stay.

As you mention, we are located in a centric place which is very convenient for our guests since they can walk anyplace around the hotel.

We look forward to serve you once again in the future.

Geelong
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Although this hotel covers a small area and is compact, it has a cleverly planned layout and has more facilities than what first meets the eye. Beside the foyer is the restaurant which serves an excellent breakfast. Loads of choice and a diverse range of fruit and drinks with funky wall decorations. You can also check in online yourself here and print out your ticket in a purpose-built area. The location is excellent. Close walking distant to the highlights of this area of Lima but removed enough to be a lot quieter than one may expect. It was easy to find our way around without a guide book. Our room was very light and airy which made up for it's size. A refrigerator and kettle made my day. We could make cups of tea to our hearts content (not a usual inclusion in many South American hotels). The beds were exceptionally comfortable. Always good planning for a great nights kip.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive review and for taking the time to share this with us.

It is rewarding to know that you had a pleasant stay at Casa Andina Select Miraflores and that you enjoyed our facilities, as well as your room which you found comfortable.

We hope we can have you again at any of our hotels soon.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Good hotel, stayed there in Dec so the weather was amazing! friendly service, good breakfast buffet, modern-feel rooms. Enjoyed the stay, within walking distance to big roads where you can walk around to explore the city

• Stayed December 2012
Dear guest,

We greatly appreciate your review, especially coming from a frequent traveler like you.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team provided you friendly service.

Thank you for choosing us. We hope to serve you once again in the future.

Kind regards,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights with Gate 1 travel. Front desk staff were very helpful, bell boys good and we found the hotel well located within walking distance of Larcomar shopping centre and Kennedy Park. Restaurants close by. Room was clean as was hotel in general. Bed was comfortable but the towels on the first stay looked a little old. There was an air conditioning unit but it did not work in the heat mode, staff said they'd provide a heater if I needed it. Hot tub was by reservation only and they were cleaning it the day I wanted to use it so couldn't as it was empty. Breakfast very tasty and clean with lots of staff.
Rooms by the road side were noisy with traffic. Taxis beeping at 5am to get customers. About an hour from the airport but Miraflores is safe with many cameras and lots of Police or City staff on every corner.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the road side
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank alsupremo
Cuiaba, MT
Reviewed 29 June 2013

This hotel Located in the Heart of Miraflores Lima . It is located about 10 minutes from the beach and the shopping mall very near are a park John F. Kennedy and Miflores central park
Also can find shops and food (the famous and delicious restaurant Astrid and Gaston is near ) and there are a supermarket very close by with huge selection.
The hotel is very nice, clean and modern having rooms roomy and fancy but , mine was a little noisy (I found some hearing protection devices near the bed ) the bathroom is very nice.
The breakfast is very good , hotel staff is kind and efficient .
I recommend this hotel

Room Tip: There are a few Casa Andina hotels in this neighborhood in Lima, so make sure you tell your cab driv...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I stood at the Andina Select twice on my trip to Peru, once when I first arrived in the country and then for a night before my flight back. The good marks for the hotel are its location and the price. It is a close walk to Parque Kennedy and maybe 15 minutes from the Pacific Ocean. Of course you do pay a price for the location as blowing your car horn in Peru seems a national past time. You hear the blowing of horns all night in your room so be wary if you are a light sleeper.

The staff of the hotel needs a major upgrade. I arrived early in the morning, they stored my luggage until my room was ready and I asked if I could have breakfast in the hotel restaurant if I paid for it. The front desk said of course and then quoted me one price. I was then quoted a different price when I went to the restaurant before I ate and a third price when it came to pay the bill. No harm, no foul in this case since the final price I ended up paying was the cheapest.

I had a flight out to Cuzco in a few days at 6 am and was told that I needed to be out of my room by 2 am if I wanted to catch my flight. Needless to say I waited at the airport for hours since the 4 hour window was much longer than I needed. I guess this wasn't much harm to this either since arriving with extra time before your flight is often a good thing. Still, I would expect for the hotel to know how long it takes to reach the airport and check in for a domestic flight at 6 am. I told the front desk to charge the taxi to my room and they assured me that it would be the case.

I checked out, at 2 am, and was told by the front desk that the bill was paid. I then got in my taxi and was told that the taxi was not included in the bill. Needless to say I wasn't pleased. I was then in the Sacred Valley for a few days without any internet connection. When I got back on the internet I saw that I had an email a day stating that I checked out without paying my bill!

I called the hotel and said that I checked out and when I did the front desk said that everything was in order. Needless to say a mistake was made on their part and they never did charge me. They then wanted me to submit my credit card number via email! I told them that that wasn't exactly the safest way to do such a transaction.

Too many mistakes by the front desk and staff. Cannot recommend staying here any under any circumstances.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo