Casa Andina Select Miraflores
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,529 results
All reviewsnice hotelwithin walking distanceinca marketfree wifikennedy parkbreakfast was includedperu tourhotel is locatedbottled watershopping and restaurantsconvenient locationjunior suitelocation is excellentstreet noisethe pacific oceanyogurtcomfortable beds
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Coming from a 3 week South America holiday, this hotel was the only modern chic one we stayed in.

It was refreshing for a change and buffet breakfast was quite tasty and sufficient although not much variety.

Location was fine to walk to town with supermarket, shops etc

Main gripe was there was some smell coming from likely the bathroom pipes

There was even a 24 hour snack bar with vending machines in case you needed

Staff were lively and energetic

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
CasaAndina_CS, Propietario at Casa Andina Select Miraflores, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback regarding your stay at our Select Miraflores hotel.

We are glad that you enjoyed the time you spent with us while you were traveling through South America. We are pleased to know that the breakfast buffet reached your expectations; nevertheless we are taking into consideration your comments regarding the variety.

On the other hand, we have shared your comments concerning the bathroom in your room with our housekeeping department in order to reinforce this matter.

Best regards,

The Casa Andina Team

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Miraflores is the place to be in an otherwise dry and pretty boring Lima. A short walk to the pretty part of the city, with Ocean, food and bars, this hotel is a modern highrise of 6 or so stories, some views Very good in terms of, outside smoking area/courtyard, inside lounge and dedicated breakfast areas, elevator to roomsand rooms with large beds, neat bathrooms and free wifi. The staff are extra friendly as well and willing to help decipher your mad Spanish attempts!

Room Tip: The higher up you go, the better the views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Miraflores is a great place to stay within Lima and Casa Andina Select is a good hotel choice. Rooms and sheets were clean, the beds were comfortable and there was plenty of hot water. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good--although food ordered through the kitchen (still part of the 'free' breakfast), was generally better than what was on offer in the buffet. Rooms rates were reasonable. There was construction in a lot next door, however, we were not affected by noise in our rooms.

1  Thank Huehuetenango
Reviewed 31 July 2014

If you want poor service, no response from management to issues, to be a second class guest to large bus tour groups, stay at this hotel. Our very bad experience started with the airport pickup. I had rung twice from Australia, and got an email confirming a van from the hotel would pick me up at the airport, but when I arrived with my flight being on-time, with several bags, no person waiting. Lima is not the airport you want to be standing around in, luckily we found a van and made it to the hotel (as both my wife and I speak Spanish), but despite complaining several times, and filling in a survey, why the van was never at the airport was never explained to me. I have stayed in more than 10 hotels in Peru (including the Marriot and in Ica etc), with my wife who is peruvian but resident in Australia, but Casa Andina Select is the only hotel in Peru, who charged me a non resident visitor to Peru, an extra 18% on my bill. They claim its the law because my wife is with me they have to charge it, even though the booking is in my name paid for on an international credit card, all I can say is they are the only hotel I know of in Peru who does this. Then we get to the room, after being abandoned at the airport, charged an extra fee on checkin, and at 1.00 am in the morning there was such a racket outside our room, it woke my whole family up. When I looked while it sounded like there was a party going on right outside my room, it was the tour group in the lobby, arriving from their excursion. The void carries the noise from the lobby right up through the hotel ? Then breakfast, well if you go early like we did, good luck, all the out groups are down there scavanging every piece of food available, at 6.30 you will lucky to find a table, and you will fight with all the tour groups. Bottom line is, if you are not part of tour, stay at some other hotel, because for slightly more, you can stay at other hotels in Miraflores, (Hilton is only slightly more ?) who will treat you much better than this one. They cater for tours, and dont really care about other customers, other customers is not their main business. Its rare that I review a hotel so badly, but in this case its justified, and I gave management ample opportunity to respond to my issues, I complained several times, but it was all to unsatisfactory responses.
The only redeeming feature of this hotel, is that its new, and the good location, but the rooms are small, with cold floating floor, the fridge was disconnected in my room, and waht you get is very basic.

Room Tip: given the way the noise comes up through the void from the lobby, I would go if you have to stay at this hotel, for as high a room as possible, then the noise might disspate in the middle of the night before it reaches your room.
1  Thank GribbsRiyadh
CasaAndina_CS, Propietario at Casa Andina Select Miraflores, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your review regarding your stay at our Select Miraflores hotel.

We very much regret the inconveniences presented with your airport pick up. Unfortunately, the taxi driver who went to the airport was not able to find you. Definitely, this is an unusual situation, and we truly apologize for the mistake. Rest assured that we have already taken the corrective measures in order to prevent this from happening again in the future.

On the other side, we would like to mention that according to the Peruvian law, any guest that shares the room with a Peruvian citizen or person who has stayed in the country for more than 60 days, will not be exempted from paying the 18% of tax charge. We hope you may understand that it is important for us in order to comply with major country policies since they are stipulated in the law and regulations.

Once again, we express to you our sincere apologies.

The Casa Andina Team

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Nice Hotel very well placed and very helpful and friendly staff. Breakfast was extensive and we very much enjoyed the multitude of pisco flavours available at the bar ! a relaxing start to our holiday, cant fault it !