“Worth the journey”

185 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 181 helpful votes
“Worth the journey”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We were booking the lunch and horse show and more by ourselves. But if you book with Lima Tours it only cost $10 more and it included the car and driver. They sent a car for us and we drove about an hour to the country learning a lot about Lima and the environs we were passing from our driver. When we arrived at the hacienda we were greeted by their guide, a beautiful young woman who spoke clear English. We toured the hacienda grounds and started learning about the Paso Fino horses. Then a beautiful show was put on for us 5 tourists. A woman came out and danced with the horse and rider, something that was done in No. Peru. We also got a chance to mount the horses and be led around on the lawn. This was a super special day, you should go. FYI the people who own this gorgeous finca also own Rosa Nautica. The salad we had at the hacienda was grown there and they also use what they grow at the Rosa Nautica.

Visited August 2014
3 Thank marynaturelover

chester, cheshire
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“If you like horses, a must in Lima”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Located approx 45 mins drive outside of Lima.
Beautiful Hacienda, with Peruvian Paso horses.
Our guide was Romina, very friendly helpful and knowledgable.
First stop was their organic herb and vegetable garden, where you could see a lot of what you were going to eat for lunch.
Then tour of the stables, with detailed explanation of the history, breeding and training of the Paso horses.
An excellent demonstration was then given, showing the horses at various stages of their training.
We observed this, sitting in armchairs, under an awning, sipping a Pisco Sour.
The problem here was trying achieve the balance between taking photos (lots of serious Kodak moments) and just watching the whole demonstration.
Then we were offered a chance to ride the horses. I declined, but my wife accepted. Apparently the Paso has a different 'gait' which means you don't go up and down; I think you can guess I know nothing about horses or horse riding.
A simple, but delicious, lunch consisting of chicken, potatoes and a selection of salads. Choice of red or white wine. Dessert was a type of creme caramel, with a sauce, once again delicious.
I would heartily recommend this 1/2 day trip to anyone, but especially if you like horses/horse riding. It is something completely different..
This trip was organised through Belmond, but you could try to book it directly.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank cbdodger
Edmonton, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great for horse lovers!”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Full disclosure: I'm a life long horse lover, so my review may be biased.

For me, this was one of the highlights of our trip. I was really looking forward to learning more about Peruvian Pasos and I was not disappointed.

We were picked up from our hotel and driven to the Hacienda. We drove through some pretty poor areas, but the Hacienda was like an oasis. We were met by our guide, who first showed us the organic garden before heading to the stable area.

The horses are beautiful and look very healthy and happy. Our guide was in no rush to move us along and let me wander at my own pace, visiting with the horses and taking their pictures. We were then given more information about the breed and their training, before enjoying a performance. After the show, we were allowed to ride, but for liability reasons had to be lead. While disappointing, I can understand the reason.

Dinner was delicious, with enough vegetarian options for me.

If you're a horse lover like me, this is definitely worth checking out.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Nikki W
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“No information at all”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We r 4 adults and have been trying to get a hold of someone to give us information for this tour/show and NO ANSWER. I have contacted them through their website twice but not reply. I found a few other email addresses and send them a couple of emails asking for: time of show, duration, transportation, prices, etc and NOTHING. Yesterday, I called them and nobody answered. How do this people do business?

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Jorge C
Nagasaki, Japan
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Breeding site ofthe Peruvian horsesthat dance”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This hacienda breeds fighting cocks and the gorgeus Peruvian horses.
You can watch the explanation about these horse breed , visit the orchard where they produce the salads and herbs used in the meal they will offer after the show. Do not miss the dance called Baile de Marinera and the opportunity to ride a short trail on one of the beautiful and gentle horses.

Visited August 2013