“Shuttle and Tour of Lima”

Peruvian Local Friend
Ranked #4 of 254 Tours in Lima
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer private and customized tours and transfers in Lima, Cusco and Puno. Experience Peru the local way with us and by the hand of our friendly and knowledgeable “Local Friends” visiting the places you are truly interested.
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We went through Peruvian Local Friend for airport pick up and drop off as well as an evening city tour. Our flight was delayed from Cusco back to Lima but Peruvian Local Friend was there when we arrived. I think the shuttle service wasn't much more than a taxi so I preferred to arrange a shuttle and it worked out great.

We also did an evening Lima City tour which was great. It was just my husband and I with our guide, Rodrigo. We visited many different places, our favorites being the catacombs and the fountain show. Rodrigo was really welcoming and we had a wonderful first experience of Lima with him.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We were able to tailor-make our tour to see things we hadn't seen in Lima on two previous visits. Mariela was a very knowledgeable guide, and Alberto was a safe and responsible driver. Mariela was willing to make changes in our itinerary which we really appreciated and assisted us in running errands like going to an ATM for us. Because we were on a cruise we had to return to the ship by a certain time, and both Mariela and Alberto were quite prompt in getting us back; they were also waiting for us when we got off the ship. We have already recommended Peruvian Local Friend to some friends and will continue to do so. This service is a real find, and we would not hesitate to book with Peruvian Local Friend again.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

After rigorous hike to Machupicchu, I stopped over at Lima for a day before departing the beautiful country. One problem was that the taxi fare from my hostel in Miraflores to Airport was ridiculous even with "hostel taxi" price. So, I somehow came across the Peruvian Local Friend!! Thank goodness for their hospitality! Although it was on a very short notice I was able to get their transfer service! Sandra and Alonso(The owners and the operators!) picked me up from my hostel on time (they also suggested I should go earlier So I did and Adios Mio, there was a lonnnng line at airport) and they were so friendly! The whole ride was as if I am getting a ride from my family member! They also provide tour services non like the other "tour" companies. I recommend it for everyone, especially families! Next time, I visit Peru, I definitely will use their services! :)

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Our Peruvian adventure began with a 2 day visit to Lima. We booked a 5 hour tour for our first day. Mariela was our guide and took us around to many neighborhoods, parks, cathedrals, and even a local supermarket to see how things operate in another country. It was a great introduction the Lima and a lot of fun. She gave us dining recommendations which we very much enjoyed. A great tour.
After several days in Cusco and the sacred valley we ended our vacation back in Lima to catch a late flight back to the States. We had about 8 hours to kill so booked another tour. My expectations were somewhat low after the mesmerizing experiences we had in Cusco and Machu Picchu. This time we had Rodrigo as a guide. What a treat! He is a delightful soul with so much love for his country. We first went to the Central Market and had a produce lesson. Being a cook myself I really enjoyed discussing all the local produce, meats, and fish. What a great market place. He took us to the Larco Museum where we got a fascinating history lesson, then spent a wonderful evening at the Parque de Reserva a.k.a Magic Water Circuit. What a fantastic ending to a perfect vacation. This park is really special and, yes, it is Magical. We were extremely impressed with Rodrigo. He displayed charisma, humility, and passion for what he does.
Last, but not least, I must give credit to Alberto, who was our driver for both tours. Lima is an extremely challenging city to navigate with a car but he knew all the short cuts and kept us moving so time was not wasted stuck in traffic. He met us at the airport coming and going with no problems. The drivers don't get the recognition they deserve, Well done, Alberto.

1  Thank BellaShell
Reviewed 30 May 2014

If you want a wonderful half day walking tour of Lima, please use Peruvian Local Friend. We booked a tour with them and were met at our hotel by Rodrigo for a wonderful introduction to Lima. Rodrigo is a very pleasant young fellow who speaks excellent English (and a few other languages). We were treated to a very personal view of the city with lots of amusing anecdotes along the way. You will not be disappointed with this tour company.