“Great value for money, you have to try!”

La Lucha Sangucheria Criolla
Ranked #23 of 2,803 Restaurants in Lima
Cuisines: Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Miraflores
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I don't usually write about food...but this place has delicious food!!!Everything was extremly good, fast and cheap! What else do you need? Try the great milkshakes and hamburgers. We came back everyday while visiting Lima.

1  Thank sivan8888
Write a ReviewReviews (1,790)

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Amazing sandwiches! The staff is really nice and the food is delicious. Located right in front of Kennedy park.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We visited La Lucha twice during three days in Lima. I would thoroughly recommend it.

It was very popular, so expect to wait a while if you come at lunchtime! We had the club sandwich (which is huge - you could easily share it, and you won't need a side order!) on the first day, and my girlfriend had the Pollo a la Lena with their chips on the second day (I had the club again).

The chips (fries) can only be eaten in the restaurant, you can't have them to take away - a bit irritating as it was very hot in the seating area. The chips were good, but very salty - this was fine for my girlfriend but a bit too much for me.

The sandwiches were excellent though. Made to order, fresh ingredients and a very wide selection. I would also recommend the fruit smoothies - they were delicious and very refreshing, although they also are large and filling!

Price wise, they vary between 10 and 20 soles. Good value for money in terms of quantity and quality, in my opinion.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is the place for a Peruvian imitation of a Philly Cheese Steak, and it's very good. For a fast food sandwich they have McDonald beat hands down, and the fries are good as well.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have been the La Lucha about 7 or 8 times now, and at 3 different locations (Óvalo Guitierrez, Diagonal & Larcomar) and after careful consideration, I don't know what the big fuss is about. Since this review is specifically about the location on Diagonal, my ratings will reflect my experience there.

The sandwiches are fine...but that's it. There is nothing really spectacular about them, and the quality is inconsistent. I think the crowds and long lines might have something to do with the lack of good-quality sandwich places in Peru in general, because they certainly aren't warranted.

The service has varied significantly during my different visits. It is consistently very good at Larcomar, and consistently poor at Diagonal (our order has been forgotten entirely, our fries have been forgotten, AND my drink has been forgotten, and I have only eaten there 3 times!)

Overall, if you are looking for a "quick" meal that will be sufficiently tasty, go ahead and eat here (so long as the line isn't out of control). Just don't expect anything that will change your life.

1  Thank Cdn_in_Peru