“Above Standard Marriott in A Good Location”

JW Marriott Hotel Lima
Ranked #3 of 234 Hotels in Lima
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This hotel is at the higher standard of Marriott hotels and I expect qualifies for J W status. The service was excellent and the rooms and facilities excellent. It has a good location on the ocean in Miraflores. The sushi bar on the ground floor was of high standard and operating at midnight after a flight from Miami. We had arranged a car through the hotel and this worked well. It is a place that could be recommended with an excellent Executive Lounge for Elite Members.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Oldjack
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your great comments, as well as for your preference!
We look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel!. Again, thank you,

Walter Regidor

Write a ReviewReviews (3,339)

Reviewed 7 November 2013

The JW Marriott in Lima met and exceeded all our expectations. It is a modern hotel, extremely well located in the upscale Miraflores section of Lima. Rooms are spacious and very clean. Service is excellent.

Two warnings, however:

1 - initially I was assigned an "ocean view" room with a very odd shape, located at the end of the corridor and behind the truly ocean facing rooms in the building, which obstructed most of the view from my room; I could only peek at the ocean from this room. Therefore, I requested and was granted a change to a "normal" room, which turned out to be rectangular shaped, larger and with a fully unobstructed view of the ocean.

2 - service at this hotel is outstanding, but for some reason I was not able to get a good restaurant recommendation. I asked the concierge to suggest fine dinning restaurants. Her first recommended restaurant turned out to have big tour buses parked in front and large groups of tourists inside. Her second recommended restaurant turned out to have a DJ playing very loud music. Not exactly my idea of fine dinning. And indeed, both restaurants' food was mediocre, at best.

Nevertheless, as I said, this is an excellent hotel, which I very highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room change, if you are assigned one of the odd shaped rooms, located at the end of the co...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank francisco2pr
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights and loved every minute of our stay! We had a corner room on the 6th floor with a wonderful view. The room was incredibly large and comfortable. All of the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. My husband is a premier member so we had access to the 24th floor which, I was surprised, included the equivalent of 3 meals a day plus a happy hour. We enjoyed the food and took advantage of the opportunity whenever we found ourselves close to the hotel at mealtime. We went all over Lima during out stay and I feel that the Miraflores area is the perfect area to stay when visiting Lima. I absolutely loved Lima and I feel that is due in a large part to picking this hotel for our stay.

Room Tip: Our favorite sites were: Parque de la Reserva (Magic Water Circuit); Larco Museum; Catacombs at Igl...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very, very much for your terrific comments! Our hotel definitely strives for delivering the service our loyal guests like you deserve. Again, thank you for every compliment!
Hopefully we will see you again very soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I was a guest at the JW Marriott Hotel in Lima, Peru on the weekend of October 19th. My experience while there prompts me to write my very first review of any hotel ever! To give some perspective, my job requires me to travel all over the globe, staying at some of the best hotels in the most amazing cities. On average I travel about once per week with each trip lasting about 3-4 days. I am mainly in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and occasionally South and Central America. This was my very first time in Peru and unfortunately I ran into some difficulties.However the way my situation was handled by the staff of the JW Marriott and local police turned a very negative situation into a very memorable experience!
While visiting a local club my Iphone was stolen. At the moment though I was not sure if I had lost it or it was stolen...in my distress I left the club without collecting my leather jacket and hat which I had checked on arrival. After a delay of several hours I finally dialed the hotel operator as a last resort to try and figure out what I should do. I explained to her what happened and that I am able to track my iphone through the find my iphone feature over the internet...and that someone has it and has been travelling with it all day but the person is not answering my calls or responding to messages I have been sending to the locked screen...including the hotel contact information, my name,room number etc. She promptly told me that I should file a report with the police. I explained my hesitation as I would be leaving soon and I did not want to do it if it would be a waste of time. I told her I would think about it and call her back in a few minutes. Soon, my phone rang in my room and the Operator told me that the hotel and made a call to the police station and that the hotel would send someone with me to the station if I wanted to go. I said yes I would go. Within 5 minutes Loss prevention Supervisor Victor Tenorio and Bellman Antonio Rendon was at my door knocking. Mr Tenorio informed me that Antonio would be accompanying me to the police station and Antonio would aslo give me any other additional assistance I would require. We left immediately aboard one of the hotel taxis and went to the police station where they were expecting us. We were led to a room with two police officers..one female officer who apparently was in charge of tourist issues and a male officer who was to take my report. I gave all the information through Antonio who was translating for me.. after some time I realized that maybe not much would be done after the report was taken...as is to be expected... because as is reasonable, such a case would not be high priority for any police department! We were about to leave and I was clearly disheartened when another police officer who was standing outside saw us and asked Antonio whats going on. They spoke for some time in spanish, after which Antonio told me that the Officer said he would go with us to try and recover the phone! I was in disbelief! I was surprised by the Officers obvious empathy and kindness! ..soon..myself, Antonio and three Police Officers were in a police truck heading out to try and recover the phone! By this time it was showing the person with the phone was about an hour drive away and had been at that particular location for about 2 hours without any movement. The situation though was beginning to take a toll on me. That is when I realized the asset I had in Antonio. I was not myself..I was extremely nervous! I was hungry as had not eaten in about 24 hours..I felt dehydrated...I was cold as I had left the hotel with only a t-shirt on in my hurry, and I was trembling! I realized I did not even have cash in my pocket, only my ID and a credit card!.I was literally beginning to feel sick! Antonio seemed to notice and asked if I was ok...I confided in him that i didn't feel well. He offered me his jacket which made a huge difference ...later he bought with his own money a snack and beverage! He allowed me to use his phone to call my stolen phone several times to see if the person would finally answer. He also used his phone to track my iphone while we tried to find the exact location on the map. He did all this while communicating the relevant information to the police officers without duress! Nothing was impossible for him to do!
In the end the accuracy of the maps on the find my iphone feature was not enough to figure exactly where the house was once we arrived at the area, but I felt relieved that we had given it our our best shot!
itWhat a delight to have such exceptional people be there for you when you are in distress in a foreign land and know no one!...I am blown away by the empathy, kindness and professionalism shown by the three police officers! I must say though that is the level of service provided to me by Mr Antonio Rendon of the JW Marriott Hotel that is the reason for this post. On they way back to the Hotel I mentioned my forgotten jacket and he promptly told me to go directly to the concierge once we got back to the hotel. There I spoke to Regina Flores who was just as eager to assist and with whom I am still following up.
Mr Antonio Rendon deserves an award or some recognition for such stellar and exceptional service! No doubt!!!!!!! A calm, quiet gentleman, he went above and beyond in assisting me. He is professional, knowledgeable, efficient, kind and genuine..nothing was impossible for him to do and he did everything he could and then some!!!!...He is an asset to the JW Marriott Hotel! I am humbled to have met such a human being and I want the Management of the hotel to know what an asset they have in him. Because of the way I was treated by Mr Antonio Rendon, I would stay no other place in Lima than the JW Marriott and I STRONGLY recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of visiting Lima, Peru..while there..If you ever need any assistance... ask for Antonio!!!!

Grigge Smith
grigge@aol.com

Room Tip: corner room with all glass for excellent view of the city and ocean outside
4  Thank grigge s
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed comment. I can only thank you for sharing your experience. Rest assured we will recognize our staff commitment in favor of the well-being of all our guests.
Hopefully we will see you again in the not too distant future!
And thank you for your preference!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

The JW Marriott hotel in Miraflores, Lima, Peru was good. the Spa was OK (not great) and the restuarant was great ! The chef made a vegetarian quinoa & mushroom risotto, which was excellent and the avocado salad was also superb.

The spa was shifted out temporarily to the rooms.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments and your time to share them. Rest assured we always look for ways to exceed our customer expectations!. Our Executive Chef will be very pleased to hear about your review. We will pass it on to him!
Thank you!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I just returned from a 7 day stay in Lima for business and was impressed with the city and especially with the Marriott. The hotel is beautiful but you would expect that. The food is absolutely wonderful. I did try some of the local restaurants and I have to say food in Lima is very good but every dinner or lunch I had at the Marriott lounge or La Vista was superb. The service was top notch, great people like Eric from La Vista, the concierge, the girls who wait tables at the lounge, everyone so hospitable, always going out of their way to please and make you feel welcomed and at home at all times. I've been to most Marriott locations in Canada, many in the US and in France and none has compared to my experience at the Miraflores Marriott. I would certainly recommend it and will not even consider another destination for my next trip. Great job guys! You should be proud!

Room Tip: I was on the 23rd floor. Great views and access to the exec lounge with very good breakfast and grea...

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your great comments, as well as for your preference!
We are very proud indeed to share with you that our La Vista Restaurant has been recently acknowledged as the best (among all our company’s hotel restaurants). That recognition is very important to us, exactly for the kind of comments you made regarding great F&B options in town and at close distance from the hotel. That reinforces the fact that Lima is the Gastronomic capital city of South America!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Thank you so much!!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed at the JW Marriott for a conference 20th-27th October. If you are looking for a warm comfortable friendly welcoming hotel in one of the nicest parts of Lima this is the place to stay. This is a very nice hotel and the price reflects that however only in as much as the quality of the place. For this this hotel offers, it is not expensive. The food is wonderful and plentiful. The staff go out of their way to see that you get everything you expect. Nothing was too much trouble and all staff from the room maids to restaurant waiters speak most main languages. The hotel car service, whilst being slightly more than a street cab (be careful if using street cabs in Lima), offers safety and security and it also opens gates at the airport when you fly home - and outside the terminals at Lima airport is a somewhat crazy place! The views out across the Pacific alone make this a place to stay. Across the road is a safe clean shopping area where you can eat quality food at reasonable prices and spectacular views. If you are travelling to Lima and want to be looked after or just fantastic food - particularly breakfast, check this place out!

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean so the view is stunning. There are 2 rooms on each floor on the left and r...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your lovely comments! It is true that our great location is a unique feature our hotel has for the enjoyment of all our guests! We hope you can come back soon and give us again the privilege of hosting your next visit to Lima!