“Fantastic Hotel!”

JW Marriott Hotel Lima
Ranked #3 of 234 Hotels in Lima
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I was lucky to spend a week at the JW Marriott, firstly to see some of the sights of Lima, and then to be at a meeting that I had arranged there over three days. The hotel is wonderful with great views of the ocean and an enviable location right opposite Larcomar. The service was outstanding at all times and the Concierge was probably the most helpful I had ever experienced. The food whether at the buffet in the restaurant or served as part of our event was extremely good. Would certainly stay at the JW Marriott if ever in Lima again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments!! You are definitely right when you mention that our location is a fantastic feature that truly makes it for all our customers! We take pride for our staff and the service they provide, especially for our Concierge team. Rest assured we will publicly recognize their professionalism and warm attitude. It is truly rewarding to hear that our restaurants and room service are delivering quality product and service. We are proud to share with you that we were recently recognized for the best Food and Beverage Outlets in our company, always trying to exceed our customers’ expectations. We look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future!

Walter Regidor

Write a ReviewReviews (3,340)

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel was outstanding. The service was impeccable and thoughtful all the way from the front doors to housekeeping. The facility is top notch and the location is stunning. The views of the Pacific Ocean are breathtaking.
The room was so clean and comfortable, I almost didn't want to leave to see the city.
I got room service a few times and Juan, who always seemed to be working, was excellent. So polite and very good English. My Spanish is so poor and everyone was so patient.
Loved this hotel. It is the best I have experienced in a long time and I travel very frequently. Will be looking up more JW Marriotts in the future.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your great comments about your experience in our property!! We take pride for the service provided by our staff graciously pointed out by you as excellent! Rest assured we will publicly recognize Juan’s professionalism and warm attitude our customers like you appreciate. The superb location of our hotel makes it for our customers too! They can enjoy much of what Lima has to offer at walking distance. A great and unique feature of the JW Marriott Lima. Again, thank you very much and come back soon!!

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We have stayed at this hotel twice and, without a doubt, would stay there again. The staff were helpful. The concierge lounge is amazing - with views of the Pacific that you wouldn't believe. The quality of the furnishings and bedding are exactly what you'd expect from a JW Marriott.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your comments! Especially for the ones related to our product. No doubts our location is also a great feature to point out. Wonderful!! Again, thank you very much and hopefully we will welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Its true. This hotel's location is unbeatable. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone who can afford it. Their rates are better on weekends and that's how I planned my entire trip to Peru.

The hotel is right on the hill next to the beach and there's no other hotel that would come even close. If you hold a Marriott Gold status or better, you could get a nice upgrade and possibly stay at a higher floor with an even better view. I did not get any upgrades and my room wasn't the most upscale room I have ever stayed in, but I got the bang for my buck. After staying at this hotel, I'm even considering changing my preferred hotel program to Marriott. :)

This place is close to everything: shopping, beach, casino, mall, park, you name it. I would like to stay at this place again.

1  Thank Peebs_NYC

Dear Guest

We appreciate your fantastic comments! Our main goal is to exceed our customers’ expectations. It is true that our great location is a unique feature our hotel has for the enjoyment of all our guests and customers.
Please contact me directly when you make plans to return to Lima. If occupancy permits it, I will upgrade your room! We will definitely be privileged to host your next visit.
Thank you for your preference!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel twice going to and from the Amazon. Based on our experience, we would never choose another spot in Lima.

The hotel is modern, the room was great, as well as the location. We really enjoyed the club level with a lovely breakfast and happy hour and interesting other guests.

The main asset is the wonderful staff....very, very prompt, professional and accommodating. The team is warm and everyone says hello and welcome. We asked for toothpaste at check in and it made it to the room before us! The team is obviously empowered to make decisions to help guests. Any minor issues were promptly resolved.

This resort has our highest recommendation.

Room Tip: The club level is wonderful.
1  Thank Terri S
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Terri,

We appreciate your comments and your time to share with us your appreciation of our product and service. I hope you also had a great experience in your Amazon adventure! We take pride for all our associates (employees) and will make sure your candid note is part of our ongoing recognition program. It is our goal to continue exceeding our customers’ expectations. Thank you for your preference!!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

The hotel itself is beautiful with great ocean views. The rooms are very comfortable and this is a true five star property. The staff, especially the check in front desk staff are lovely! They are so helpful and nice! The concierge staff is not good especially the lady who works there - she was too lazy to help us and in fact gave us wrong information about booking matchu pitchu tickets! But still, we had a great stay here - the rooms, the location, the views etc.

I would highly recommend this property!

1  Thank mrijay

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments and the time you have taken to share your appreciation of our product and service. Thank you!! According to your posting we do have an opportunity with one of our concierge employees. Thank you for bring it to our attention for immediate measures to avoid the reoccurrence of issues of that nature. Rest assured we strive to exceed our customers’ expectations at all times.
We sincerely hope we can welcome you back in our hotel hopefully very soon!
Thank you for your recommendation and preference!!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

3 of us just spent a long weekend in Lima, and were extremely pleased (ecstatic) with our stay at the JW Marriott Hotel. From start to finish, our stay couldn't have been better. We had booked a room with club access, but the lounge was undergoing a refurbishment so the hotel gave us unlimited access to the restaurants for food and beverages. Having read some of the comments on Tripadvisor about the crowds and lack of food in the lounge, I feel we really struck gold. The hotel restaurant breakfast buffets/lunch/tea were awesome with an abundance of local specialties and normal breakfast/lunch food. Even our friend who is extremely picky (no vegetables, seafood, no experimentation, etc.) was able to find food that pleased his palate. Each buffet also had cooked to order dishes (eggs, waffles, stirfries, pasta, etc.) Every single person we met at the hotel was helpful and friendly, from the doorman, check-in staff and restaurant servers/cooks. How I wish I had thought to get names as the check-in person, girl from the louge who was seating folks in the restaurant and the housekeeper who took case of us and made sure our room was stocked with water, couldn't have been more accommodating. We all agreed that the keycard elevators (from the lobby up) made us feel safer, as it would be nearly impossible to drift in from the street and access the sleeping rooms. We didn't feel the lobby area or the check-in areas were insufficient, and their size and configuration seem to deter nonguests from hanging out in the lobby if they are not drinking/eating there.
The room itself was good, although certainly not one of the most exquisite/upscale rooms I have stayed in. The separate shower/tub were nice, and bathroom amenities were more than sufficient. If there was a negative at all inour stay, it was the Illy coffee maker, which was difficult to use and didn't produce a full cup of coffee no matter what. The Marriott's street level Starbucks was a blessing.
The hotel's location cannot be beat, which is why we picked it. On a previous trip, we had stayed at a small B&B in Miraflores. Staying at the Marriott allowed us to stroll along the waterfront promenade at all hours, gave easy access to local shopping, and provided easy access to local tours. Larcomar is a fun area just to hang out in and peoplewatch, and there are plenty of excellent choices for food. [Mango and Pardo's are 2 of my favorites, however, this trip as we had food at the Marriott we patronized neither.]
Yes, the hotel pool is on the small side, and certainly not up to the standards of many upscale rooftop hotels, but we enjoyed it. I suspect that in Lima this is as good as it gets for a pool that overlooks the ocean. It really is too bad that the Lima beaches are not pristine and seem to be mainly for surfing but then again I suspect most do not come to Lima for the beaches.
I am a Marriott gold, and to cap off our incredible stay, the hotel gave us a late check-out at 8:00 pm. This allowed us to have an early dinner, shower and get cleaned up before our flight back to the US.
The JW will be my choice of loding for my next trip to Lima.

Room Tip: Club floor. We were on 19 and had a wonderful view, but there are higher floors also which many here...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Janice,

We are very thankful for your taking the time to write such a delightful and detailed note in which you covered lots of what the hotel has to offer!! Wonderful! Our goal is to make each and every guest enjoy a great time in our property. We are very happy to hear that you found our staff friendly and professional. I will publicly recognize them by showing your comment to our staff, particularly to the Executive Lounge staff, so they can be motivated to keep up their great work. Undoubtedly, as you have pointed out so nicely, our location is a fantastic feature our guests enjoy for many different reasons as the ones you mentioned. Thank you for pointing out your appreciation on our F&B offers! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Again, thank you very much!