“Wow! times 2”

JW Marriott Hotel Lima
Ranked #3 of 236 Hotels in Lima
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I have been a Marriott platinum member since the mid-80's so you know I have stayed at a lot of Marriotts. This was my first experience at this property.

Marriott does a great job on service but I have never, never ever, experienced such high quality service at a Marriott. That says a lot! From check-in (I must have had a brain fart when I reserved the room and had only booked one night but intended to stay three) where in the middle of the night fixed my problem to the concierge lounge where each staff member knows your name to concierge services to the doormen managing your cabs. Wow! I asked for the email address of the regional manager to praise the hotel.

View is phenomenal overlooking the Pacific Ocean and a local mall...which would sound like a bad thing but the mall is underground and nicely incorporated into the cliffs.

Parasailers floating outside almost touching the building add an additional touch.

Room Tip: 25 floor hotel. Stayed first time on the 5th floor and second time on the 16th. While all rooms ha...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Guest from Austria,

We appreciate your wonderful comments as well as your time to share them publicly. Thank you!! Rest assured we always look for ways to exceed our customer expectations, especially our loyal guests like you, who for the reasons you have kindly mentioned experience what the hotel has to offer in a more continuous way. Undoubtedly, our prime location is a unique feature all our guests enjoy. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hopefully I will have the opportunity to greet you personally. Thank you for your patronage of the Marriott brand worldwide!

Walter Regidor

Write a ReviewReviews (3,389)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This JW Marriott was one of the best I had stayed at. Perfect location to Larcomar (restaurants and bars). The rooms were clean and quiet. After a delayed flight, missed flight and lost baggage I was praying Marriott would not let me down and they did not. With nothing with me, I requested toiletries from the concierge and immediately I was delivered them. Also, I needed laundry done before 8am and they managed to have that done to prior to my corporate meetings. I wanted to recognize Lourdes Montoya for EXCELLENT customer service! Thank you thank you thank you for making my stay amazing after my dreadful journey. Marriott needs more service of her characteristics. Also, front desk and private car were great too. The bartenders were not really friendly and actually rude. They may need some lessons. Thank you Lourdes and team for making my stay phenomenal! Keep up the great work and I will definitely stay here again! See you soon.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Hemal,

It is great to receive feedback like yours! We take pride for all our associates and this time – rest assured – we will recognize Lourdes Montoya for her great work provided to you. I am very happy for the extraordinary way your trip changed positively since your arrival in our hotel. I am sorry for all you went through before that, though, and also for the fact that according to your comments you experienced different service levels during your stay. We will take this wonderful opportunity to reinforce the service skills of our bartenders. Thank you for your review and please come back soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Spent a week there on a business trip. Concierge lounge was quite good. Breakfast was excellent, and we often ate there in the evening. Location is excellent. Close to beach and shopping. Front desk and valet staff were very helpful. It was very easy to arrange transportation. Suggest booking airport transport thru the front desk prior to arrival.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Ed,

That is a wonderful and concise way to describe most of what our hotel has to offer! Thank you very much! Please come back and don’t miss our JW Sushi Ceviche Lounge. Great atmosphere, food and staff service!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I'm a 100 night + a year Marriott traveler, and the folks in this concierge lounge are as good as it gets. The service is standard Marriott good but it's the personal touch and their personal charm that make the difference. Specifically I dealt with Sandra Ojeda and Rosa Navarro, but they are not the only ones.
This is one of Marriott's nicest properties, in my opinion. And if you're on the road and in this hotel let them them spoil you a little up there.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bill W
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Bill,

We appreciate your comments as well as your time to share them publicly. Rest assured we always look for ways to exceed our customers’ expectations! Thank you for your kind words about our Executive Lounge Staff, particularly Sandra Ojeda and Rosa Navarro. We will pass your comments on to them as a great motivation to keep up the great attitude to serve customers that they have. We look forward to welcoming you back soon,
Thank you!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

JW Marriott hotels are some of the best. The JW in Lima is the best of the best. We've stayed in several JWs and this is by far the best (and the others were pretty great too). The front desk staff provides impeccable service. The concierge knows how to help people and goes above and beyond. Last (but certainly not least) there is the executive lounge that is amazing. We usually eat there because it's convenient and free. We eat in this one because the food is great and the service is even better.

Room Tip: Ask for beach view...it's a great view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Shaun,

We want to thank you for your patronage of the Marriot brand worldwide, particularly for your preference for the JW’s. For a knowledgeable traveler like you, your wonderful opinion about our property is an enormous reward. Thank you!! Please do contact me for your next trip to Lima. We will be happy to host your visits again and again, and I will be honored to greet you personally. Thank you very, very much!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Each and every person with whom I interacted was courteous and personable, and provided excellent service. I was fortunate enough to have to be in my room for a bit while Dayan was cleaning my room. While she offered to step out, I let her know I'd only be a minute.

While my Spanish is pretty basic, we had a lovely conversation, and I found her level of service to be exceptional. She was kind, thorough, and thoughtful, and I hope she will continue to practice her English and move up through the ranks within the hotel. Her customer service is innate - everything else can be taught. Thanks for a great stay. PS - breakfast at the hotel was great too!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Pamela R

Dear Pamela,

What a lovely way to recognize the personalized serviced provided by Dayan while doing your room. We really take pride for all our associates (employees) and will make sure Dayan is recognized for your candid note. Thank you for your positive appraisal of the breakfast you enjoyed at the La Vista Restaurant. Next time, don’t miss our JW Sushi & Ceviche Lounge for another great experience..! We look forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We used a Peruvian based travel agency for our trip and unfortunately they booked us in a hotel that was truly unacceptable - my husband and I walked out the door and down the street about 5 blocks and found the JW Marriott! They had rooms available and we checked in. Loved the hotel, great rooms and we had an ocean view room on the 22nd floor. Beautiful view, great room, and a wonderful way to end a 10 day Peru vacation! Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hala A

Dear Hala,

We are most grateful for your appreciation of our hotel after your recent visit. According to your comments, your decision to come and stay with us was made when you were already in the city, for which we are thankful as you were confident enough to change your original plans. It is very rewarding to hear that you were completely satisfied with our product and service! I am sure you had a great travel experience in this amazing country with lots to offer!!
Thank you for your recommendation to other travelers and of course for your preference!