“Amazing!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Pleasanton, California
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We recently visited Lima to attend our nephew's wedding. We booked into the JW Marriott because we had points there and the location was good. I expect a good stay at a Marriott facility, but this experience went above and beyond what I could have imagined!! The hotel is lovely and right across the street from a shopping center loaded with restaurants. We were on the 19th floor and had a gorgeous view. Each night our bed was turned down and some little treat was left for us. Everyone was gracious. however, the best part of the hotel was the concierge level that we were invited to, which was amazing!! They served breakfast, lunch, wine and cheese, as well as dinner there--no need to go anywhere else to eat! Rosa Navarro and Valeria Yanez served us with such warmth and attention that they truly could not do enough for us. They were beyond lovely! They knew our names and all about us after the first day, and then greeted us daily with attention that went beyond the usual. We were thrilled with our stay at the JW Marriott in Lima, and if we have occasion to return, we will definitely stay there!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Guests from sunny California,

We appreciate your wonderful comments as well as your time to share them publicly. Thank you!! Rest assured we always look for ways to exceed our customer expectations. Undoubtedly, our prime location is a unique feature all our guests enjoy for different reasons. We will recognize Rosa and Valeria, from the Executive Lounge. They are excellent and we truly take pride for all our associates. They have left a memorable experience in your hearts and that is what all is about to us! We look forward to welcoming you back when you make plans to return to Peru, an amazing country with lots to offer!
Thank you for your preference!

Walter Regidor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (633)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We have been staying at this hotel for the last 10 years+ since it was opened. It has always had the best accomodaitons and the best service. we will not stay at any other in Lima, the locaiton is perfect and the staff is most helpful!. We just returned from a week there and can only say that it continues to please us how well we are taken care off. Number one on service, cleanliness, friendliness and food!
Eduardo & Lily Hidalgo
Hidalgo International

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Ed & Lily,

It is our turn now to thank you for your preference and loyalty through all these years! It really feels wonderful to get positive feedback, especially if it comes from repeated guests like you. Undoubtedly our location is a prime feature to point out. We take this opportunity to share with you the news about our rooms redo which will start in a few weeks! We are all very excited about it. Please contact me for your next stay. I will be very pleased to greet you personally.
Thank you for your time, and preference!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 28 June 2014

It lives up to the name JW. Located in Miraflores and overlooking the ocean. Miraflores does not have good beaches so you will have to settle with ocean and white water views. It makes up by being across the street from a mall and nice eating places

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest from Austin, Texas,

Thank you very much for your comments about our product. No doubts our location is also a great feature to point out. Wonderful!! Again, thank you very much and hopefully we will welcome you back very soon!

Steyr, Austria
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I have been a Marriott platinum member since the mid-80's so you know I have stayed at a lot of Marriotts. This was my first experience at this property.

Marriott does a great job on service but I have never, never ever, experienced such high quality service at a Marriott. That says a lot! From check-in (I must have had a brain fart when I reserved the room and had only booked one night but intended to stay three) where in the middle of the night fixed my problem to the concierge lounge where each staff member knows your name to concierge services to the doormen managing your cabs. Wow! I asked for the email address of the regional manager to praise the hotel.

View is phenomenal overlooking the Pacific Ocean and a local mall...which would sound like a bad thing but the mall is underground and nicely incorporated into the cliffs.

Parasailers floating outside almost touching the building add an additional touch.

Room Tip: 25 floor hotel. Stayed first time on the 5th floor and second time on the 16th. While all rooms ha...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest from Austria,

We appreciate your wonderful comments as well as your time to share them publicly. Thank you!! Rest assured we always look for ways to exceed our customer expectations, especially our loyal guests like you, who for the reasons you have kindly mentioned experience what the hotel has to offer in a more continuous way. Undoubtedly, our prime location is a unique feature all our guests enjoy. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hopefully I will have the opportunity to greet you personally. Thank you for your patronage of the Marriott brand worldwide!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

This JW Marriott was one of the best I had stayed at. Perfect location to Larcomar (restaurants and bars). The rooms were clean and quiet. After a delayed flight, missed flight and lost baggage I was praying Marriott would not let me down and they did not. With nothing with me, I requested toiletries from the concierge and immediately I was delivered them. Also, I needed laundry done before 8am and they managed to have that done to prior to my corporate meetings. I wanted to recognize Lourdes Montoya for EXCELLENT customer service! Thank you thank you thank you for making my stay amazing after my dreadful journey. Marriott needs more service of her characteristics. Also, front desk and private car were great too. The bartenders were not really friendly and actually rude. They may need some lessons. Thank you Lourdes and team for making my stay phenomenal! Keep up the great work and I will definitely stay here again! See you soon.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Hemal,

It is great to receive feedback like yours! We take pride for all our associates and this time – rest assured – we will recognize Lourdes Montoya for her great work provided to you. I am very happy for the extraordinary way your trip changed positively since your arrival in our hotel. I am sorry for all you went through before that, though, and also for the fact that according to your comments you experienced different service levels during your stay. We will take this wonderful opportunity to reinforce the service skills of our bartenders. Thank you for your review and please come back soon.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Spent a week there on a business trip. Concierge lounge was quite good. Breakfast was excellent, and we often ate there in the evening. Location is excellent. Close to beach and shopping. Front desk and valet staff were very helpful. It was very easy to arrange transportation. Suggest booking airport transport thru the front desk prior to arrival.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Ed,

That is a wonderful and concise way to describe most of what our hotel has to offer! Thank you very much! Please come back and don’t miss our JW Sushi Ceviche Lounge. Great atmosphere, food and staff service!

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I'm a 100 night + a year Marriott traveler, and the folks in this concierge lounge are as good as it gets. The service is standard Marriott good but it's the personal touch and their personal charm that make the difference. Specifically I dealt with Sandra Ojeda and Rosa Navarro, but they are not the only ones.
This is one of Marriott's nicest properties, in my opinion. And if you're on the road and in this hotel let them them spoil you a little up there.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bill W
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Bill,

We appreciate your comments as well as your time to share them publicly. Rest assured we always look for ways to exceed our customers’ expectations! Thank you for your kind words about our Executive Lounge Staff, particularly Sandra Ojeda and Rosa Navarro. We will pass your comments on to them as a great motivation to keep up the great attitude to serve customers that they have. We look forward to welcoming you back soon,
Thank you!