“Home away from Home”

Ranked #10 of 228 Hotels in Lima
Toronto, Canada
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

I am at the Swissotel Lima, 3 to 4 times a month. This is an outstanding hotel and the hospitality is superb. The staff in all areas of the hotel are exceptional and always go out of their way to make sure that all my needs are met. The rooms are super clean and what I love the most are the comfy beds. The security in the hotel is to the highest level and I feel very safe walking alone in this area. I travel all over the world and this is the best hotel by far. You definitely will not be disappointed

Room Tip: I prefer a room facing the south side and on a higher floor. It is less noise
1 Thank Laura V
, Channel Analyst at Swissotel Lima, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all of us, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with the members of TripAdvisor.

We are humbled by your comment and for considering Swissôtel Lima your home away from home. You travel around the world, which means we have very tough competition and we are deeply thankful you consider us the best hotel by far.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon on your next visit.

Channel Analyst

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

i was just at the swissotel in Lima ,Peru this past week and like always an outstanding stay...mi kudos to the front desck staff who always treat me in a friendly profesional way , almost as if thwy where my friends...the rooms always clean well appointed and the gym very spacious and modern...congrads to all the staff that make my stay a special one.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

I've visited Peru on a regular basis for many years and would recommend the Swissotel in San Isidro, Lima, if you are prepared to spend a little extra for, what is, superlative accommodation and service. Apart from some very minor niggles, which can be suffered in any hotel, I've never had any cause for complaint. Tip: for easy inexpensive snacks & lunch, try their 'Le Cafe' , which isn't accessed from the hotel, but around-the-corner from the street. The bill is charged to your hotel account.

Also, when travelling to and from Jorge Chavez Airport to you hotel, etc., don't use the official-looking taxis agencies which accost you when exiting the baggage claim. They charge between US$45 - 50 for transport to the city (Miraflores, San Isidro, etc.). Simply pass through the barrier into the terminal and pickup the same for US$15 (Nuevo Soles 35 - 40), or take a short stroll to Domestic flights and you'll get the same. Lima is the hub for all domestic and international flights, so if you are travelling around Peru with Lima as the hub, your saving on Lima Airport Limos can be considerable.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

Stayed here Dec 2011. Great service, clean & tidy rooms inclduing bathrooms - just like pictures. Quick response to any questions. I felt like eating fast food when we were there, they hotel concierge went out of their way to buy the food for us. Excellent service!!

Took a bit longer to get here from the airport however seemed to be located in a nice suburb. If you enjoy going out on your own and shop, I would sugget you stay near Mira Flores.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Prince_nz
, Channel Analyst at Swissotel Lima, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Swissôtel Lima and for sharing your experience with the members of TripAdvisor.

It is important to us to deliver our promise and make sure we exceed our guests’ expectations. We are very glad you enjoyed our facilities and the service provided. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Swissôtel Lima on next visit.

Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

Its very nice to have a stay in a hotel with good facilities, good food and excelent service.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
SalesandMarketingSLI, Channel Analyst at Swissotel Lima, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Swissôtel Lima for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.

Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and we are glad to know you enjoyed everything during your recent stay. We look forward to seeing you back in the near future.

Lakewood, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

This hotel exceeded my expectations. From check-in to check-out, the service, comfort and overall experience was consistent and excellent!
1. Check-in- After a long flight, it was so nice to be greeted by friendly staff (from Bell man to front desk), offered a face towel and a glass of orange Juice for a quick refresh before heading to my room. The check-in was quick, friendly and efficient.
2. Room- Huge and Comfortable. The bell man gave me a quick tour and tutorial (how to operate remote controlled curtains, AC, etc.) of the room. Classical music was pre-programed, AC cool and comfortable, Fruits, Chocolate on bed welcomed me to the room. The bathrooms are well stocked with amenities, clean and sooo huge. Bed is firm and comfortable with nice linens. The rooms are kept very clean and restocked daily.
3. Room Service- Quick and Accurate. I asked for ice several times and got it within 5 minutes. Lunch room service (sandwich and chips) came in 15 minutes. Very happy with the service.
4. Security- Being a solo traveler, I felt really safe in the hotel. There's security everywhere in the lobby and by the elevators. Room key is required to operate the elevators. I asked one of them to show me where the deli is located and he walked me straight to the deli (outside on the side of the hotel).
5. Food- The Cafe offered a full breakfast buffet with a selection of Peruvian food, American food and healthy juices. The only comment I would have is that it has the same selection daily and after 4 consecutive days, it got quite tiring and old (exception is the Loma Soltada-Beef and Chicken).The deli on the side of the hotel offers delicious sandwiches and pastries. Try the Beef or Chicken Empanadas.Service in the deli was quick and friendly as well.
I will definitely stay in this hotel again for super service, comfort, safety and quality of rooms.

Room Tip: I stayed on the lower floor and got the garden view. They have a terrace garden on the 3rd floor.
1 Thank Andrea63
SalesandMarketingSLI, Channel Analyst at Swissotel Lima, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Swissôtel Lima for your recent stay and for sharing your experience with the members of TripAdvisor.

Your review of our hotel makes us feel proud of the quality service we deliver and we greatly appreciate your recognition. We look after every last detail to ensure a seamsless stay to all of our guests, therefore we are glad you enjoyed your time with us.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Swissôtel Lima in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

I am so glad I recently stayed at the Swissotel in Lima for 3 nights on my first solo trip to Peru, its such a gorgeous hotel with beautiful fresh linen, a heavenly bed that was so incredibly comfortable that I slept in till 10am the next day and a bathroom that is bigger and cleaner than my Sydney apartment(!). But the thing that sets this hotel apart from many others on my travels is the staff. Not only were they instantly warm & friendly on arrival and spoke great English (also didn't make me feel intimidated that I didn't speak Spanish), but I felt that every staff member genuinely went out of their way to make me feel welcome, relaxed and at ease. Swissotel Management should be proud that they have such fantastic staff as they really made my stay (oh and the Pisco Sour's in the lobby bar are the best in Peru!!). Highly recommend Swissotel Lima.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jenny R
Dear Guest,

Our main goal is to make your stay a memorable experience by making you feel at home and we are delighted we achieved so. Our associates strive to make you feel welcomed at all times. Your kind comments will be passed along to our colleagues.

We hope to have you back at Swissôtel Lima once again.