“Fantastic Hotel in Lima”
Review of Swissotel Lima

Swissotel Lima
Ranked #9 of 229 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed at the Swissotel Lima in September 2013. This was my first visit to Lima for business and I was very impressed with the service and quality of the hotel itself. I had pre-arranged the hotel to pick me up from the airport and everything went smoothly. The drivers are very professional and I felt safe. When I arrived at the hotel I was greeted by hotel service personnel who directed me to the front desk. The hotel appears to be very well guarded from a security standpoint.

The hotel room itself is somewhat dated but it was clean and spacious.

The dining was suburb. La Locanda was absolutely incredible and I highly recommend it (especially the lobster risotto). Le Cafe (for breakfast) had a wide selection and service was attentive.

Upon checking out (at around 5am), I was even offered a selection of breakfast breads for the road before the actual breakfast service started.

This was my first time in South America and I have traveled quite a lot elsewhere in the world (e.g. Europe, Asia). Whatever you read about the local drinking water is correct - do not drink it. I had no issues at this hotel health-wise and was beyond impressed with the quality of the food.

I hope to be back to Lima one day soon, and the Swissotel Lima is on my list of recommendations.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
SalesandMarketingSLI, Gerente at Swissotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking a few minutes of your valuable time to share your impressions on your recent visit to Swissôtel Lima with the Trip Advisor's Community.

It is a pleasure for us to read that you have enjoyed your stay in our comfortable and spacious rooms, our exquisite Mediterranean and Peruvian Fusion Cuisine called La Locanda Restaurant, our varied breakfast buffet at Le Café Restaurant, our Swissôtel Service Style and most of all our passion for perfection, which is the reason for your to be willing to come back and stay at your new home away from home called Swissôtel Lima.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Swissôtel Lima soon.

There are newer reviews for Swissotel Lima

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Excellent hotel for doing business. Nice area of Lima. The executive floors and the executive lounge and staff are fantastic. The concierge service is top notch, with no task to small. The rooms are nice and clean, the beds and linens very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
SalesandMarketingSLI, Gerente at Swissotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking a few minutes of your valuable time to share your impressions with the Trip Advisor´s Community about your recent visit to Swissôtel Lima.

It is a pleasure for us to read that you have enjoyed your stay at our comfortable rooms, as well as all the benefits of our Executive Lounge where each guest enjoys five meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Tea Time, Dinner and Premium cocktail service.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

An excellent hotel for doing business in Lima. Of course the idea is to stay in the upper executives floors, there is the difference, a whole set of "plus" meals included, a concierge service, people who really pay attention to details and take all the measures to make you feel pamper while making your business in Lima. Great hotel indeed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
SalesandMarketingSLI, Gerente at Swissotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking a few minutes of your valuable time to share your impressions on your recent stay with the Trip Advisor´s Community.

We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed during your stay, all the benefits of our Executive Lounge, where we offer 5 meals to each guest that stays at Excutive Rooms and Suites: Breakfast, Lunch, Tea Time, Dinner and Premium cocktail service. Other benefits such as access to a private boardroom and business centre are included.

We care for details with each and every guest, due to our Passion for Perfection and our Swissôtel Service Style.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My family and I only stayed in this hotel for one night after a week of travelling throughout Peru but we were blown away with how fantastic the whole experience was. We have stayed at many 'first class' hotels around the world (and through business I have stayed at many more) but I would go back to Lima just to stay at this hotel.

As a family of 5 we regularly have problems with getting connecting rooms and an additional bed if necessary for one of these rooms despite clearly stating these requests on a Booking website. Here, we arrived and reception had our room keys ready with an ideal pair of rooms (and we were given a glass of juice as we checked in - nice touch)

The rooms were spacious and the showers to die for. The porter service was excellent with time being taken to show us how the automatic blinds and curtains operated. The breakfast selection was excellent and again the service was of very high quality.

I could not rate this hotel higher - I though the Swissotel in Beijing was good, this was better

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
SalesandMarketingSLI, Gerente at Swissotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking a few minutes of your valuable time to share with the Trip Advisor´s Community your impressions on your recent stay at Swissôtel Lima.

We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed and experienced the Swissôtel Service Style which allowed you and your family to have a memorable and unique stay.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I spent 3 nioght at this hotel. In my many years of traveling I have never received such a devoted and good service. Everyone there had a nice smile with a true and honest, Let me help you!
Rooms were spacy, quiet, with excellent beds. The restaurant was just good.

From know on my next trips I will be looking for this brand of hotels.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
SalesandMarketingSLI, Manager at Swissotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking a few minutes of your valuable time to share your impressions on your recent visit to Swissôtel Lima with all the members of Trip Advisor.

We are very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay in our comfortable rooms, have tasted our food and most importantly have experienced our Swissôtel service style. It is our passion for perfection which makes the difference. You will find the same passion and service style in every Swissôtel around the world.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

One of the pleasant holidays we have had staying at this hotel. The location is excellent .even though the hotel is expanding and building work going around they have kept the hotel going with minimal disruption. The restaurant is fantastic with the staff giving excellent suggestion for a great Peruvian meal.our bags got lost at the transit point in the airport. The tour leader and the hotel staff spared no quarter to find our bag organised a taxi to take us to the airport to collect the bags.
All in all a great stay with the most friendly staff.

Room Tip: Try rooms at the higher floors facing the front
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
SalesandMarketingSLI, Gerente at Swissotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We are glad to read that you have enjoyed your holidays in Lima, in our property, tasting our varied and exquisite Peruvian food. As you have mentioned, our staff is always looking to help each and every guest, making your stay a very pleasant and memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you at Swissôtel Lima soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I stayed there last week. The rooms are extremely large, the walk-in closet is huge and the service was Excellent. My husband was absolutely sick of the stomach, and we got a phone call from the Management on Duty, to let us know they were aware of the situation, I gave on the phone the medicine that the doctor prescribed and the Swissotel team got it for us. Also we received complimentary tea/toasts to help him while we were waiting for the medicine. The next day, they called us to follow up on him.
The beds are so comfortable that I just emailed them to find out the mattress brand.
My in-laws stayed in Miraflores, which is a noisier neighborhood, and yes you have plenty to do there, but be prepared to hear honks and car alarms going off while you sleep. I also checked out their rooms and ours was by far bigger and more comfortable.
The breakfast buffet have plenty options, was more like a brunch to me..
Compared to the Hilton and Marriott, I think this is the best deal you can get quality/price.
Will stay there every time I fight into Lima :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts
SalesandMarketingSLI, Gerente at Swissotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking a few minutes of your valuable time to share your impressions on your recent stay at Swissôtel Lima with the Trip Advisor´s Community.

We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay in our comfortable and spacious rooms as well as tasting our diverse Breakfast Buffet at Le Café Restaurant.

We really care for the health and safety of each of our guests. That is the reason why we were concerned about your husband´s health hoping for his total recovery.