“Loved this hotel and would return”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Melia Lima

Melia Lima
Ranked #30 of 228 Hotels in Lima
High River, Canada
“Loved this hotel and would return”
Reviewed 19 June 2011

We absolutely loved this hotel. We stayed here twice, at the beginning and end of our tour to Machu Picchu and cannot say enough about it. The staff are friendly and very helpful. Rooms are excellent and very well cared for. The breakfast buffet is extensive with lots of choice and food excellent. The restaurant is excellent any time. Handy to the airport and shopping. Taxis are very reasonable in Lima but only accept Solas (local currency) and you negotiate the price before you get in as they are not metered. As we were returning to the hotel after our tour they kept our excess luggage and it was delivered to our rooms when we returned. We were also upgraded to a suite (it was huge) on our return.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travelchick1983

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We've been "living" in Lima from Feb to May 2011 and our home was Melia Lima. The hotel location at San Isidro is very good near restaurants, markets, squares... the place was a little bit noisy due to the Lima's caothic traffic. The staff is very kind and the concierge is always helpful, specially Martin that helped us in many times and in many ways. The rooms are ok, try to get a room at 7 - 8 floors, it seems to be newer than the others ones.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at 7 - 8 floors, it seems to be
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank FELIPE V
Calgary
Reviewed 16 March 2011

Stayed there a couple nights as part of a tour. It met all our expectations, not super fancy but nice clean rooms, comfy beds and all the basic amenities. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Exchange rates at the front desk were a bit less favorable than the airport but the convenience made up for any minor difference. Great breakfast buffet and the restaurant was also good for lunch and dinner.
The hotel is a bit out of the way to try and walk to much of the touristy type stuff but it's not too long a cab ride to the beach, shopping, great restaurants, etc. Hotel staff will get you a taxi no problem and confirm rates (we were warned against just flagging cabs off the street since many are unlicensed and uncontrolled).

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Lima, Peru
Reviewed 24 January 2011

After a very long flight I made it to the Melia Hotel only to find out I had no room.
I was told some people staying there had a flight canceled so they were staying longer.
I made my reservation 4 weeks in advance. They changed my reservation to a different
less quality hotel and I had to pay the sameprice. BUSINESS TRAVELERS BEWHERE.

Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank pete186
Santiago
Reviewed 28 October 2010

For business this hotel is well located, close to San Isidro and quite close to Miraflores.

The quality of the rooms are great, and we had an opportunity to upgrade for another USD 30 or so, which was in deed worth it. Very good size suites, and huge bathrooms with all the goods. For certain room type they have a great lounge where you can have drinks and admire the views. Same goes for check out, which you don´t have to do downstairs, but rather the floor reception (can´t remember the floor, though).

The service in this hotel was excellent, and the staff bended backwards in order to fulfill your requests. Very kind staff.

The gym was quite good, and not busy.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Roswell, New Mexico
Reviewed 14 September 2010

I loved the hotel, its service and best of all the amazing food at their restaurant and room service. The staff was really nice and patient with my 2 and 3 year old sons.
My brother in law stayed at the buisness floor (LEVEL) and was so pleased to have such special atention, and the Level private rest-bar.
The hotel staff helped us get a nice tour of Lima as well as safe taxis at the front door at all times.
While we were there, they had an event that really made me proud of staying at the Melia, they had a Christmas party for poor children, they brought a show, and gifts and lunch for those less fortunate children, I was very touched!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 17 November 2009

My stay at the Melia Lima was one of the only times that I could say I felt like I was staying in a 5 star hotel. We stayed at the Melia Lima for about 7 nights as part of a large tour group. Although I agree that the location is not as great as staying in MiraFlores, I would still recommend the Melia Lima over any of the top Mira Flores hotels after hearing the experiences of the rest of our group that was staying in Mira Flores.

The Melia Lima is set up to cater to professionals and the cream of the crop, I am not one of these groups, but I sure enjoyed being treated like I was. Our beds were turned down each night, chocolates on the pillow and the beds and linens were as good as being at home.

The staff at the hotel was top notch all around. A very popular Spanish band was in town during my stay and Emerson, one of the concierge professionals, was happily able to get me front section tickets to the event. I also had a medical emergency while I was there and needed ear surgery, the concierge was able to get me in touch with a private clinic in Lima and I had surgery that day.

Don't be afraid to stay outside of the normal tourist areas, because the taxis are so cheap in Lima you can get anywhere for about $2-$3. Enjoy your stay in a 5 star hotel and get pampered. The restaurant here was also excellent with great prices for some awesome Peruvian food, try the Lomo Saltado of course, you won't regret it.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business