“Standard Chain Hotel”

Ranked #38 of 234 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 6 January 2012

The Sheraton is your standard chain hotel. It is clean and the staff is friendly. You can get a good nights sleep. It is located next to the Real Plaza Mall with a supermarket if you want to buy snacks and not buy the overpriced items in the hotel. The hotel is centrally located downtown near the Museum of Peruvian Art.

The hotel gives you 30 minutes of free WiFi. Many hotels are giving unlimited free WiFi therefore in future trips to Lima I will stay at hotels that are more WiFi friendly.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oc_bear
wilmaria, Director of Guest Services & Public Relations at Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2012

Dear Sir,
Thank you for visiting our hotel and taking the time to post your comments through Trip Advisor.
We appreciate all the feedback we can get from our guests and we deeply regret your uncomfortableness regarding the Internet. Please feel free to contact me at: wilma.arevalo@sheraton.com.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center

Write a ReviewReviews (1,203)

Reviewed 5 January 2012

I stayed here during the week in December after arriving from North America and before going to Cuzco the next day.
My observations:
1) Location was awesome. I was able to walk to the plaza de armas, cathedral, and historic city center within 10-15 minutes from the hotel.
2) Thanks to Renzo (sp?) and Marcos for their service and helping me where to go on the map, etc. when asked. Upon my arrival, I got a free upgrade to the club level floor (am a gold member) which was appreciated. The room was on the small side but at least I had access to the club floor lounge which serves a light snack in the afternoon and breakfast in the morning.
3) I especially liked the free welcome drink. I picked the pisco sour and it was indeed a nice welcome to Peru!
4) Gym on the 3rd floor was very complete.
5) I noticed a lot of airline flight crew stays here. During my one night stay I saw crew from TAM airlines, Copa airlines, Iberia airlines, LAN. I know airline crew normally stay at 5-star properties so it's a testament to the hotel that it's well-run and very clean.
6) Do NOT open your windows at night (or if you do, turn off the lights.) I wanted to go to the room balcony but when I did, at least 3 wasps came in! I had no idea how to get rid of them but unfortunately killed them (yes I cleaned it up) but I also noted to the cleaning person the spots where I killed the wasps the next morning.
7) The free WiFi on the ground floor was pretty good. I opted to use the free WiFi rather than pay $16 for 24 hours or 7 soles per hour WiFi fee from the room.

Overall a lovely stay. I'll admit I was battling whether to stay here or at the new Westin Lima hotel but I have no regrets staying here. Main reason I picked the Sheraton is for its location (I can walk to the historic area) and for its service.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank joey0530
wilmaria, Director of Guest Services & Public Relations at Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest Program and writing a review through Trip Advisor.

We appreciate your comments and we are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 17 December 2011

WE LOVE THIS HOTEL! It was our postponed honeymoon, and we had heard mixed reviews for this hotel. However, upon arrival, and receiving Welcome Drink coupons, fruit in our room, AND free breakfast, we were excited. Not to mention our room was very nice, including a robe and slippers! I'm a Gold SPG member so I like to stay at Sheratons, but in terms of service, this was one of the BEST hotels we've stayed at. OH, and they have a free shuttle to Miraflores and back which we used several times. Anyways, we came back to this hotel for our final night in Peru, and this time, chocolates were in our room AND more welcome drinks! THANK YOU SHERATON LIMA! We highly recommend you and thank you for making our trip so wonderful.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pandasuh
wilmaria, Director of Guest Services and Public Relations at Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2011

Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for your review and taking the time to post your comments.
We really appreciate your kind words as well as to know you enjoyed your time in our hotel.
Thank you very much for stayed with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 December 2011

I stayed here for a few nights in July 2011. The hotel itself is probably a 3+; could use some updating. Breakfast was OK. Service was great. Location was great if you want to be fairly close to the Historic Center rather than Miraflores. As a bonus, there is a nice shopping area right next door with tasty, cheap ceviche, a supermercado, and a movie theater! The new Westin is nicer, better for business and somewhat closer to Miraflores, but the Sheraton is worth a look.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
wilmaria, Director of Guest Services & Public Relations at Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2011

Dear Sirs,
Thank you for the feedback that you let us know through Trip Advisor which is very important for us.
We really appreciate your comments regarding the service and facilites and please be informed that at this moment we have been renovated 80% of our rooms and this coming year we will continuing them.
Once again thank your comments and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.
Cordally

Reviewed 29 November 2011

We stayed just one night before travelling on to Huaccachina, Paracas, Cusco and Machu Picchu. The Front Desk attendants were very friendly and spoke English very well. The concierge did as well and was very helpful in helping us find a restaurant and giving us directions. The hotel decor was a bit outdated and the rooms were average, but overall this was a good stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
wilmaria, Director of Guest Services and Public Relations at Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2011

Dear Sirs,
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments through Trip Advisor.
It was nice to read that the staff of the Front Desk and the Concierge offered you a friendly and helpful service.
Regarding the hotel decor, please be advised that we are renovating our rooms in order to offer a modern and comfortable environment.
Once again, thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming in a near future.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

We stayed here at the end of our four-week Peru trip, and loved it. If we had to pay the rack rate, perhaps we might have chosen a different hotel. But if you can have a discounted rate, it’s definitely worth it (we used cash + Starwood points, which included a great breakfast and tasty evening refreshments). The room was comfortable and well-appointed, especially so after travelling to more remote areas with fewer accommodation choices. The only drawback was that the location (above the convention center) was quite loud until past midnight every night we were there as there was a food festival right below us. The windows don’t quite block the outside noise, which is too bad.

The location is also very convenient. I know Miraflores is closer to the shopping and the beach, but frankly, we were happy to be within walking distance of the Centro Historico and many of Lima’s attractions there. We didn’t feel particularly threatened walking around the area during daylight hours, but our guidebook discouraged this activity at nighttime. The hotel also offers a free shuttle to Miraflores in the afternoon and early evening.

We were very impressed by how helpful the staff were, especially the morning Club Lounge attendant, Karina. She went above and beyond to help us with information about Lima and the surrounding area. The only negative experience was with one of the concierges, who gave us completely wrong info about a park just south of town (he told us it was closed, and later we found out it wasn’t true).

Overall we were very happy with our stay and wouldn’t hesitate to go back, especially if a discounted rate is available.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Sirs,
Thank your for taking the time to review our hotel. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and it was nice to read your kind words about our staff.
Regarding the noise and the windows that don't quite block, please accept our apologize for the inconvenience and you can be sure that we are working in it.

Reviewed 20 November 2011

This is a hotel in downtown Lima, Peru. Following the tradition by the Co., Sheraton Lima welcomes you with excellent personal from the door up to the rooms.
Check in was swift and simple. The room was ready in spite I arrived around 9 AM after a red eye flight from northamerica. Speaking spanish made everything even more simple and friendlier. After a short break and shower breakfast in the restaurant of the hotel was simply first class. Again good service, a huge selection of food with plenty of local peruvian specialities and nice decor make the early gastronomic experience a great landing in Lima for the palate. The meeting I was attending lasted about three days and it was conveniently in the hotel convention center.
The bedroom was facing the street, but quiet enough to rest. The beds were nicely appointed as is always with this chain.
The Palace of Justice is in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Good choice to stay comfortable at international standards and close to many tourist places.