“AMAZING SERVICE”

Ranked #38 of 228 Hotels in Lima
Istanbul, Turkey
“AMAZING SERVICE”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

First of all I would like to tell that if you are planning to go Lima,Peru, check Sheraton Lima. they are doing great job.
And my story; I had a flight from Lima to Istanbul bur unfortunately I could not get on airplane because of visa issue and my day was horrible. I could not get on airplane and I had lots of issue with airlines. at the end of the day I went to Sheraton Lima for spending a night. you can imagine how horrible I was feeling. when I arrived to hotel, I had really nice welcoming and front desk had information about my issue and they checked me in quickly. during check-in time the gentlemen who was helping me gave me al the information, he assisted me for dinner ( I was really hungry ).. and he arranged my transportation for the day after and he gave late check-out ( my flight was at 9 pm and I checked-out from hotel at 6 pm ). he did everything for me wityout me asking. unfortunately I do not remember the gentlemen name...
I had great dinner. food was delicious and service was really nice too. when i got in restaurant , they knew about me and I got two dessert from house. it was so nice after horrible day.
and breakfast was amazing. all the juice they have are local natural fruit juice and presentation and service was awesome. there was cook for omelette. his name is Ricardo Fuerman. he was so nice to me. when he was cooking my omelette, he was kind and friendly. he always had a nice smile. actually everybody at the hotel has friendly smile and all the restaurant staff looks like really professional and they are.
there was a young lady at front desk. her name is Kelley. she was so helpful and kind to me and she helped me all day. she confirmed my transportation one more time and she informed me about that. she asked me about my issue and took care of me all day.
also Felix who was working at the business center and lobby area for assisting guest for anything, helped me a lot and he was so friendly and nice and had real smile all the time.. he was so professional about what he was doing and at the same time he was like one of my good friend.
I have lots of things to type but time to end typing now.

thanks to Sheraton Lima and special thanks to Kelley ( front desk ) , Felix ( front office, lobby ) and Ricardo ( kitchen ) I had a unforgettable stay with you..

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Barışcan Y
wilmaria, Director of Guest Services and Public Relations at Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such positive experience regarding your stay with us.
We enjoyed reading your comments and we are very please to hear that our staff was very friendly and helpful with you.
Once again, thank you for your excelent review.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Located in Lima Central where many sights are, but a good walk to the Central Plaza. Dicey and dark walk at night, so I ate dinner at night in hotel. Hotel food and bar services good. Buffet constantly refreshed. Room spacious, comfortable and well-arranged. Tour groups and business travelers mostly. Majority of luxury hotels and restaurants away from the central area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

wilmaria, Director of Guest Services and Public Relations at Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your time and for sharing your experience during your stay in our hotel.
It's always great to read that our guest enjoyed their stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.!

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I was there for work and I enjoyed the excellent view, cleaness, breackfast and lunch buffet.
The location is safe. You can also walk around and even to down town without problem. The staff is good the room are large and well equipped..... price around more than 200 dollar per night taxes included....

Room Tip: high rooms or in the back side
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
wilmaria, Director of Guest Services and Public Relations at Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay in our hotel.
We are very glad to hear that you experience was very good with our Staff and facilities.

Kind regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I came to this hotel many times in recent years and I always feel welcome and confortable..It became like a second home in Lima. Rooms are clean, modern and confortable. Service is excellent and very friendly (staff like Gino and Julio always come to welcome me with a great smile when they see me). Breakfast buffet is delicious and very peruvian. Internet connection is ok. Hotel is located in downtown, old and popular part of Lima. If you want to visit the modern and trendy part of Lima, you can take a free shuttle available every 30 minutes at the hotel entrance. Air conditioning need some improvements. Pool and spa area need urgent renovations if they want to compete with other brand new hotels in Lima.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Viajeromundial007
wilmaria, Director of Guest Services and Public Relations at Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such good comments. We are very glad that you have a good experience at Sheraton Lima.
We hope you can visit us again in the near future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This is an average convention hotel. If you want to be in the colonial area and you're looking for a Starwood property, this is your option.

Here are the good things:
One of the best bellman I've ever had.
We had a lovely welcome plate of fruit and note from the management.
The club is excellent.
Room 1965 was on the small side but was beautifully appointed and had wonderful linens. Really wonderful sheets. And plenty of lamps and lights.

Here are the mediocre things:
The hot water in the shower went in and out and in and out.
The wifi went on and off and on and off -- not just in the room but all around the hotel.

Here are the very annoying things:
The hotel took it upon themselves to open a Starwood account for me. Not only did I not give them permission, I already have a Starwood account. How long do you think I'll have to spend on the phone to get this straightened out?

Be careful at check out. Like other people have mentioned, they tried to charge us for something from the minibar.

Here's the worst thing:
We used the hotel's transportation service to take us to the Museo Larco. (Fantastic. Don't miss it.) The bellman who put us in the car, the supervisor of the service, and my husband all said, "Museo Larco." The driver took us to the Larco Hospital. When we complained, the supervisor said that we wouldn't be charged extra. Really?

Room Tip: Try to get on a club floor. The club is terrific and the higher floors have less road noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CDinDC20009
wilmaria, Director of Guest Service and Public Relations at Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments through Trip Advisor.
We sincerely apologize for not have reached your expectations. Regarding the inconveniences you mentioned the corrective actions are being taken in order to avoid these kind of situations like you described.
Once again, sorry and you can be sure this does not reflect our well known level of service.

Director of Guest Service and Public Relations
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Good location to explore Lima. In the city center area. There is a shopping mall behind hotel, so you have Starbucks, supermarket, etc.
This is mi second time here and will use again on my future trips.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank VenezolanoFLL
wilmaria, Director of Guest Services and Public Relations at Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive experience. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel in February during summer season in Peru. The hotel is nice and safe but there are a couple things that might make me think twice about staying there. First it was far from all the fun in Miraflores. Second was that I was wrongly charged for something missing from the minibar when in fact I didn't go anywhere near it. If I can get another good deal again at the hotel I would probably consider staying there again.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank John F
wilmaria, Director of Guest Services and Public Relations at Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for your time.
We are deeply sorry for the wrongly charged for something missing from the minibar. You can be sure that we have taken the corrective actions in order that this kind of situation will not happen again.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.