“Great location”
Review of NM Lima Hotel

NM Lima Hotel
Ranked #37 of 232 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Even though I have not personally stayed at this hotel I do use it for our foreign visitors and I know they are very happy with their services and specially its location in San Isidro.
Great rooms and very good restaurants for breakfast and meals.
First class services.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank xochitl

Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I should say that I had 2 different nights there. First day I took a flat room (which is regular room with queen bed and small room). Air conditioner sounded all night so I had to turned it off. Was really hot, but I really need to sleep as well, breakfast was good. Next day, I took a junior suite, very comfortable, cheap, bed was huge and so comfortable. The room was big and jacuzzi was very good (size and strong).

People here were very polite, at night, maybe not That polite, but they were good.

It has a very well located as it's in san isidro and near to miraflores, which makes it more attractive about time and traffic delays

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Enzo T
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We were here for 6 nights. My first impression was not great. I had asked (2 emails) the hotel to arrange transportation from the airport to the hotel because we were arriving very late at night. I received a price, but no confirmation. There was no one at the airport to pick us up.
That was our only disappointment with NM Lima. The hotel is beautiful. Doormen ready to open the door whenever you arrive. The hotel is in San Isidro district, which is nice, but is also very close to Miraflores area.
The hotel is bright, modern, well-appointed and artistical 'cool'. Our room was very spacious, clean, well designed, with a king size bed. Unlike most other places we stayed there was no problem with the wifi either. The breakfast room had dramatic tiling and an interesting ceiling -open to the outdoors. It was the best breakfast we have ever had in a hotel. Best french toast ever, lots of fresh fruit and juices, meats, breads, pastries, personally made omelettes, everything you might want was available and delicious. The service was almost too attentive. Staff wanted to remove plates or glasses the moment they were empty. Rooms were cleaned daily. I forgot to lock up the safe the first day there and the cleaning staff had security lock it up for me and they reopened it when I returned. My fault.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank justvisiting50
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel prior to Christmas this year for our first trip to Peru. This is a first class hotel with a great breakfast and good service. However, we were charged an 18% hotel tax that should not have been on the bill since we were tourists with a valid passport. I did not find this out until later but it did add a significant kick to our bill. Also, the taxi from the airport to the hotel with we arrived was put on our hotel tab for 70 N.S. which I signed for. At the time of checkout, the front desk stated that the driver had to wait for over an hour for us and there was additional 55 N.S. tacked on to the bill after the fact. I did not push the issue being in a foreign country but thought this was a little abusive. If you stay here, make sure they agree to NOT charge you the "hotel tax" of 18% and get it in writing.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Ted M
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Brand new everything. Very classy and well-appointed with beautiful finishes and spaces. Very attentive staff. Amazing breakfast buffet in a gorgeous open area. Very central. Miraflores walkable. Larcomar a short cab ride. An amazing value.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Before I could write an objective review of the hotel, I had to really calm down about an incident that happened when I used the hotel's taxi service. One of the taxi drivers was ok; the other driver turned out to be a con artist- but more about that later.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. The service was great; the room was a decent size and clean; the breakfast (except for the scrambled eggs) was good; the bed was very comfortable, and I slept like a baby. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, who is travelling to Lima on business. It's a great business hotel, and it's located in a very safe part of the city.

I advise you to beware when you use the hotel's taxi service because the last driver I got took me to the airport and then pretended that he couldn't give me change (which was not a lot of money believe me- other drivers had given me back way more change than this). He then claimed that he had change, but only in dollars. How can you live in Peru and not have the local currency, but you can give me some (possibly counterfeit) dollars- are you kidding me? I missed my flight behind this nonsense. I have since calmed down enough to write an objective review of the hotel because I can only assume that the hotel managers can't control what the drivers do. The hotel is a great place to stay- just call your own taxi.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank wolfpackgirl12
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Excellent hotel: clean, stylish, friendly, helpful and trustworthy staff. We had to check out very early to get to our next destination, and the desk staff arranged packed meals for us (without us asking) since were going to miss the breakfast buffet. Rooms are spacious and luxurious. And sinking into a huge tub at the end of a long day of travel was such a treat!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple