“Enjoyed my stay”

Antigua Miraflores Hotel
Ranked #36 of 229 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I stayed at Antigua Miraflores in June, and had a very nice time there. The only complaint I could come up with is that there was some construction going on and they started a bit early in the morning, but all in all, the room was lovely, with 110 available in the bathroom which I really appreciated, a sweet view of a courtyard with fountain, and the hotel restaurant had better than average food available, if needed. I stayed there for three nights, breakfast was excellent, the other guests were adventurous/international travelers and very friendly, and I really found nothing to complain about. The hotel is walking distance from lots of bistros and stores, a quick cab ride (always bargain) to Miraflores beaches and museums, and over all, I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms near the utility closet/water heater. This may have been due to construction, bu...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Antigua Miraflores Hotel

Reviewed 13 September 2011

I stayed at the Antigua Miraflores Hotel in August with my spouse and we were also travleling with my brother and his wife as part of a Gate 1 Travel tour of Peru. When we arrived at the hotel, we were given a room which had not been cleaned. In the confusion of several people getting their rooms, we were finally given another room. The room was rather large, but really had a musty smell. The antique furniture in the room really had a bad odor and the carpet was not clean and very worn. There were several pieces of missing tile in the small bathroom which only contained a shower. My brother's room was much smaller and had furniture which was only partially refinished. On a positive note, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast in the morning was good. Instead of a buffet breakfast, you ordered from a breakfast menu which was a nice change. The location was good and only a short distance from restaurants and other sites in Miraflores. This hotel needs a serious remodel and there is a great variability in the rooms.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank JenniferJK
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We had one night to spend in Lima (which is really probably one too many) and after having such great hotels in Cusco, this hotel was just average. The room we stayed in felt like it could be in any hotel in Kansas. Not much Peruvian flair. We hardly saw any other guests and the lobby was under renovation. The front desk was nice and organized and we had no problems with our reservation. Our bathroom had been recently renovated and was very clean. Really though, I doubt we'll remember much detail about this hotel in a year or so. You could stay somewhere better for your money.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suhaymah
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Stayed here on two occasions during a 3 week stay in Peru.
First room suffered from serious damp and an awful musty smell, I tolerated this as it was only an overnight stay.
I returned in two weeks for a 3 night stay. The room I got was just as bad, damp and musty and dirty carpets. I checked in late and the room was freezing cold. I asked for a heater as there is NO HEATING in the rooms! Was told no heaters available, would I like another blanket.
Complained to the manager the following morning and explained it was our honeymoon.
To be fair she upgraded us to a newer larger room, that appeared to have been recently refubished. Unfortunetly it to was damp and the musty smell was still present. I was promised a heater and after 3 reminders to reception it finally arrived.
I would not recommend this hotel, the breakfast was limited and small and when I asked where my bacon was.... she kindly microwaved some streaky fat for me :)
STayed in many hotels in Peru, this is a 2 star at best in my opinion.

Room Tip: To get the best room, avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2011

What a lovely building, furnished with antiques, staffed by friendly, helpful people. Our rooms were spacious, and included breakfast, private bath, hot water, a comfortable bed, jugs of potable water, wifi, TV, free shoeshine service, and microwave. Miraflores is a very good neighborhood. The breakfasts were good and served promptly--we tried two of the Peruvian style breakfasts. The one day we had lunch there, it was delicious. I particularly liked the fair trade gift shop just off the lobby. The courtyard is beautiful, and the fountain sounded so restful at night. We stayed here our first night in Peru, and again our last two nights. The first room was slightly musty, but didn't bother my allergies.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2011

The rooms very so musty I checked out after one night and moved into the hostel around the corner. I expected more for the price I paid. There was construction going on in the hotel as well.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank kilimama
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My daughter and I stayed here as part of a Gate 1 tour and were very pleased. It is like visiting your grandmother's house- a bit musty and worn but authentic and charming. The staff is extremely helpful with maps , directions, ideas and unending smiles. There is a pharmacy, supermarket, and restaurants close by. Astrid and Gaston is only a short cab ride away as well as the Indian market. We had a great time here. The lobby was usualy filled guests telling their adventures.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family