“Two different experiences”

Belmond Miraflores Park
Ranked #1 of 234 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 6 September 2011

This is a beautiful hotel, although it could have been a luxury hotel anywhere in the world. It never felt like we were in Peru. Even though we arrived after midnight, the concierge was waiting for us with a smile, some refreshment and an efficient check-in. The room was comfortable with plenty of amenties and we had the ocean view that I had requested. The "library-style" lobby is cozy and elegant, as is the Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde Bar. My husband and I chose their Pisco Sours to be the best we had in Peru. The morning desayuno buffet in the Observatory Restaurant had wonderful choices and a gorgeous view. We did not stay long enough to try Mesa 18.

Unfortunately, the room we had on our trip back through Lima was lacking the expected bottled water, a hairdryer that worked and a functioning make-up mirror. Because we were leaving very early in the morning, I didn't discover the problems until it was too late to do much about it. Next time, I'd check everything out when I first got to my room.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lapintura
Write a ReviewReviews (1,599)

Reviewed 31 August 2011

We were happily accommodated when our return trip home was derailed due to Hurricane Irene. We had all the comforts associated with fine hotels, felt safe in our surroundings, enjoyed the food, service and hotel gym. If you are stating in Lima - we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank adventurefamilyfive
oeperu, Guest Relations Manager at Belmond Miraflores Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2011

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post such a nice comment in Tripadvisor and for recommending us to your friends and family.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed our accommodations and facilities and that you felt safe in this beautiful district of Miraflores.

We wish you have had a safe flight back home to New York and hope to welcome you back at Miraflores Park Hotel in the near future.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 31 August 2011

My family and I stayed at the Miraflores Park Hotel on our recent excursion to South America to celebrate my 50th birthday... in fact, we stayed in a succession of Orient-Express hotels throughout the trip.

Lima was initially just intended as a stop-over en route to Cusco and Machu Picchu, but it proved to be a very pleasant surprise. Part of the reason we were delighted with our visit to the city was this wonderful hotel.

To start with, the location in the Miraflores district along the Pacific coast was excellent. The hotel is located across the street from the ocean, and is within walking distance of quite a few restaurants, the Larcomar Mall, hang-gliding and numerous points of interest.

The rooms were well-appointed and extremely clean. The king-sized bed was incredibly comfortable. The bathrooms were spacious. My parents room had a lovely walk-out patio.

The roof-top swimming pool was small but clean and refreshing. It is located adjacent to the rooftop restaurant. While we did not eat any dinners there, the morning breakfast buffet was varied, extensive and of a high quality.

The lounge downstairs is dark and rich with comfortable chairs/sofas - and the best Pisco Sours (the national cocktail of Peru) in the city!

But the best part of the hotel was the people. From the front desk staff to the concierge to the porters, waitresses and bartenders, everyone bent over backwards to accommodate everything and anything we desired. In a word, the service was impressive (truth be told, the same can be said of ALL of the Orient-Express hotels at which we stayed). I highly recommend the Miraflores Park if you plan to visit Peru... and plan an extra day or two in the city, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sox1fan
oeperu, Guest Relations Manager at Belmond Miraflores Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a nice and positive feedback on Tripadvisor from your recent stay at Miraflores Park Hotel.

We are truly pleased to know that you chose our country to celebrate such a special anniversary and that you and your family enjoyed all our facilities.

We are grateful that you mentioned that the best part was the people, as it is our essence.

All of us are continuously working on new ways to enhance our guest's experiences and your comment encourages us to move forward.

I hope people who read this comment will follow your suggestion to stay more nights in Lima, as there is a lot to do in our beautiful city.

We also hope to have you or your friends back soon, until then, we remain at your service.

Reviewed 30 August 2011

Located in the heart of the only place you want to stay in Lima, Miraflores, this hotel is a great place to spend your time

Likes
- Very pleasant and helpful staff. The doorman even remembered me from my last visit a few weeks ago
- Nice breakfast buffet with great views of the sea
- Lovely temperature controlled pool, not very big and VERY cloudy so don't except to do laps
- Modern well equipped gym
- LOVED the fast wifi that is individual for every room
- Lovely bar for pre dinner drinks
- Rooms are pleasant

Dislikes
- Pretty pricey hotel for Lima and the rooms could do with a little bit of an upgrade but its a minor quibble

Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank thekyd

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Miraflores Park Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive a complete feedback like yours.

I will share your “likes” with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet and exceed your needs and expectations.

Regarding your “dislikes”, I would like to explain you that we are through the 90% of our latest renovation project to upgrade our suite facilities.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to receiving you in an updated one and serving you in the future as you deserve.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 28 August 2011

Location is excellent, Hotel is lack luster and very dated. Staff are helpful but fake friendly. I had just come from the Hotel Paracas Luxury collection (Starwood), at half the price and twenty times the luxury near the Paracas nature preserve so perhaps I was jaded. DO NOT GET A MESSUAGE... Wifi was nearly worthless. The setting was lovely but its not near the beach .. its perched on a cliff about 40 stories above the beach. for 180 a night you couldn't beat if, for 480 a night you are getting robbed .. I passed the Neuvo Mundo and went in to check their rooms .. I highly recommend them at this price point .. Final word, grandma would have loved it in 1989, though she would have hated the bed and constant hallway noise ..

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank JoshuaSims

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Miraflores Park Hotel.

I sincerely regret to know that we have not met your expectations and also failed to provide you with a comfortable stay. I have shared your comments with my management team and, I assure you, we have taken all the necessary steps to correct those areas which are in our control so we can avoid similar experiences in the future.

I hope you can give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us in the near future. When your next trips bring you to Lima we will be happy to take care of all of your arrangements.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 27 August 2011

Located in the Miraflores area of Lima and within walking distance of Larcomar shopping center, the Miraflores Park Hotel is an excellent choice for both business and leisure travelers. Plenty of restaurants nearby in the Larcomar center.

To be on the safe side, I recommend using a car service while in Lima. The hotel uses a good one and we were able to charge to our room. I also recommend arranging airport transfer with the hotel before your trip.

Our room was very nice and comfortable with plenty of seating. No noise issues. Internet was included in our room package (we booked the business package which included internet and airport transfer).

Breakfast was meh. I would stick to cereal and coffee, it definitely wasn't a high-quality spread. But it had a beautiful view.

Restaurant recommendations: Bodega de la Trattoria (Italian, walking distance), Wa Lok (chifa, taxi), and Jose Antonio (Peruvian, taxi).

Service at this hotel is excellent. Staff members were pleasant, helpful, and unobtrusive. They helped us book some tours through Lima Tours, since we only had a few days in Lima after we finished our work.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank RogueCat
oeperu, Guest Relations Manager at Belmond Miraflores Park, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

Dear guest,

On behalf of all at the Miraflores Park Hotel, I would like to thank you for taking the time and for sharing your comments regarding your stay with other travellers. We are taking into consideration your feedback about our breakfast selection and we are sure you will enjoy this experience next time you come back. Until then, we remain at your service.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2011

This is a true 5 star hotel. The service was exceptional, the food was great and you can not beat the location. I would highly recommend this hotel! I was visiting during christmas and the décor was just stunning. This is a real gem!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to submit such a nice comment in Tripadvisor.

We have shared this with all members of our team. We wish to welcome you back at the Miraflores Park Hotel in the near future.