“You can't go wrong with this hotel...”

Belmond Miraflores Park
Ranked #1 of 229 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 23 May 2012

My wife and I just returned from a 7 day trip to Peru and spent two days at the Miraflores. Our room was very nicely appointed and the bed was extremely comfortable. On both mornings of our stay we had breakfast in the Observatory. The infinity pool that greets you as soon as you step off the elevator is gorgeous and the views are fabulous. Restaurant service was prompt, efficient and accommodating. The breakfast buffet had all of the standard (American style) breakfast options. I was most impressed with the Chef’s cheerful willingness to re-make my omelet as the first one he made was way too runny for my taste. Although there was plenty of manager oversight in the restaurant, I really didn’t think it was necessary as the staff seemed genuinely interested in making sure you had an enjoyable meal. In fact, I don’t think we encountered a single staff member anywhere in the hotel that failed to greet us with a smile or a “Buenos dias”. This place is a winner. Probably the best hotel in Lima.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kurious
oeperu, General Manager at Belmond Miraflores Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for posting. It is important for us to know what our guests experience was while staying at Miraflores Park Hotel.

Cordially,

There are newer reviews for Belmond Miraflores Park

Reviewed 17 May 2012

Perfect location, great service, fantastic food!!!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments which will aid us in constant improvement and upkeeping of our level of service.

We remain at your service.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

Lima is not the safest of cities but the location of the hotel is excellent. You can walk to a nearby shopping centre and food area but also have easy access to the Jazz area with lots going on.
The hotel is very clean, service is excellent, and the food and drink reasonably priced for the quality of hotel.
We used it for a stopover for a couple of nights.
Excellent facilities

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room, but in reality, they're all fine.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
oeperu, General Manager at Belmond Miraflores Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all of us, we would like to thank you for choosing Orient-Express as your destination property and for sharing your comments with the Tripadvisor readers.

Definitely, the hotel is located at a very trendy spot, close to many shops, restaurants and Larcomar Mall. There are lot of places to explorer in our district, as you mentioned, our staff is always attentive and willing to help you with your requirements.

We hope that you will be able to visit us many times more. You will always be welcomed at Miraflores Park Hotel! In the meantime we remain at your service.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

GRRREAT!!! on every area... great service, great food, great ambiance, location, prices...etc..
I will recomend Miraflores Park Hotel to anyone who wants to have the BEST!!

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your contribution, it will certainly help other guests coming to Lima!
I hope you choose to stay with us on any future trip you decide to make back to Perù.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Miraflores Park Hotel in Lima (the night of Sunday, April 15th). I was traveling to Lima with my girlfriend, whose birthday it was that weekend. When I originally booked my standard, water view room (online) I had ordered their birthday package to be in the room for our arrival. When I arrived at the desk to check-in and to check on the birthday package I was informed by the front desk personnel that not only was the birthday package (which was beautifully done) ready but that we had received a free upgrade to the Presidential Suite. This unexpected upgrade made my girlfriend's birthday one that she will never forget. Additionally, the staff was amazing to us in every respect. From the maintenance man that came to check on the pool heater, to the housekeepers to the room service servers to the bellmen but especially the people working the front desk on that Sunday and Monday.
Such a special experience. I have stayed in some of the finest hotels around the world and this hotel ranks as one of the best I have seen in every respect. I had never stayed at an Orient Express Hotel in the past prior to my April visit to this one but I can assure you that the Orient Express Chain will now be the first one I look for whenever I travel. In fact, I've already checked into the other locations and found that there is a location near my Washington, DC area home (in St. Michaels, Maryland). I will be making reservations there shortly for a summer weekend getaway for my girlfriend and I. Furthermore, I will be returning to Lima again next year and it goes without saying I will be staying at the Miraflores Park for the duration of my stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
oeperu, General Manager at Belmond Miraflores Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear Mr Luongo,
First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time for writing to us about your staying at Miraflores Park and sharing your experience.
We are delighted to read such a nice comments about our operation and we will be so pleased to see you back soon, and we hope you both will have the opportunity to visit Cusco and Machupicchu where we have beautiful hotels also.
I behalf of our team and myself se send you our very best regards.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

The best thing the free upgrade to oceanview when a room is available. The view is one of the best in Lima. Check in was efficient but not friendly. Rest of staff friendly and good. The room was very nice - as expected at this price - with the usual toiletries and bathrobes. Great bed and pillows. Good little fitness room with adjustable spintype bikes. It´s about $50US from the airport. It is not an easy walk down to the beach with a long somewhat steep sidewalk a couple blocks away, then skipping over several lanes of busy traffic. Or stick to the sidewalk heading toward the mall.

Room Tip: request free upgrade to oceanview
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear guest,
Seems like you had a very nice time during your stay at Miraflores Park Hotel .
Thank you for your comments and feedback.
We wish you all the best and hope you can stay with us again very soon!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 2 May 2012

I'm currently sitting on my sun bed by the 11th floor pool of this hotel with unrivalled views of the Pacific ocean. We fly back to England tonight and we're both very sad!
This is a good sound 5 Star hotel And I feel sorry for the previous reviewer - Sometimes you get bad luck and it's tough.
Staff - Brilliant (they remember your name)
Rooms - Large, airy, high quality fittings, huge bathrooms, massive towels, comfortable beds.
Food - Ate at 'Mesa13' three times (2 x lunches) and it was excellent
Car Service - Not cheap but reasonable and reassuring
Location - Couldn't be better. We stayed at the Swissotel last week and this area is better.
So, sounds like another great review?

I spend a lot of time in 5 Star hotels - my job is actually selling to them. I therefore think that this qualifies me to make a constructive critical comment which I think if sorted would make this the unqualified best hotel in Lima or even Peru.

Dear Management, what is going on with the Food and Beverage side of your operation?
You have a superb 'Celebrity Chef' restaurant in Mesa13. As I said, I ate there three times and that was because there is no other choice - You have to go out. Mesa13 is very, very good but it is a bit niche and not to everyone's taste.
You then have a bar called Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. What's this all about? Is it supposed to be English? It's a very, very old fashioned with dark wood panels but it is devoid of atmosphere.
Then there's the Library next to the bar. It looks wonderful but it's dead and a waste of space and floor area.
On the 11th floor (where I am now) is a fantastic pool, spa and gym. There's a restaurant for 85 people called Observatory - It's open from 6.00 - 10.00 for buffet breakfast Nd then it's closed!!!
You are really missing a trick here. The view from this floor and the Observatory must be the best in Lima - It is quite simply breathtaking. You need an alternative to Japanese Fusion at Mesa13 and you need an alternative to the lobby bar which is old fashioned and boring.
Open an all-day restaurant in the Observatory and get a cocktail bar running for sunset drinks with chill-out music looking over the Pacific Ocean. You have the best-positioned restaurant in Peru and it's closed - Absolutely crazy.
Please tell me you have this in mind. If not I'll take 10% commission on the revenue!

This is a lovely hotel. It could be one of the World's best! I recommend that all visitors to Lima stay here and tell me if I'm right!

Stayed: May 2012

Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate your strong recommendation of the Miraflores Park Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back soon.