“Beautiful Hotel”

Belmond Miraflores Park
Ranked #1 of 236 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This hotel is located in what must certainly be one of the most beautiful parts of Lima. From the time you arrive, the excellence of their service is evident. The staff at the front desk are efficient and friendly. The rooms are spacious, immaculately clean and very well appointed. I was privileged to have an ocean view, so that I could open my drapes in the morning to the sight of the Malecon and the ocean just outside. The food is good, as is the service in the restaurants. This hotel deserves its Five-Star rating, and I would recommend it for either business or leisure travel.

Room Tip: Opt for a room with a view of the ocean if you can.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
oeperu, Director General at Belmond Miraflores Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments which will aid us in constant improvement and upkeeping of our level of service.

Managing Director, Peru

Write a ReviewReviews (1,628)

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in between trip segments. Very helpful staff and concierge. They sent a messenger to a local market for me to purchase pisco. Very helpful dinner recommendations
Hotel is spacious in a delightful location in Lima, adjacent to a seaside park. We took several long walks in the park with security in the park present at all times. Room had a view of the ocean. Unfortunately, sunshine is not often experienced in Lima.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
oeperu, Director General at Belmond Miraflores Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stayed here 2 nights in September and had a lovely stay. There’s an ongoing theme of excellent service throughout!

Check-in was swift and easy and information given during check-in was excellent.

I had an Ocean view bedroom. Due to the location of my room, I was lucky enough to get Ocean views to my left and City views to my right. My room was spacious, clean, with substantial amenities. Very comfortable bed and no outside noise whatsoever meant I had the best 2 nights’ sleep in Peru. My en-suite had separate bath and huge walk in shower cubicle. All products and complimentary water was replenished regularly.

I ate in the Mes 18 restaurant both evenings. You can choose from both the Peruvian and Japanese menus and can mix and match as you like. All my dishes were delicious and the service was good. The ambience of the restaurant is lovely and the décor is modern. (Although I’m not normally a fan of modern décor, even I loved this décor.) Tables are spread apart sufficiently so as to not feel like you are encroaching anyone’s space.

Breakfast was lovely, with a decent amount of tables offering views over the Ocean. Excellent choice and quality and the only hotel I stayed in where they served the tea in a silver tea pot! This was a lovely touch. It’s self service buffet for the food, although the waiting staff still offered to get my food for me, if I so wished. Choice of both hot and cold food was excellent.

I used the Spa facilities for a facial and massage. Both were nice treatments. Although it was chilly when I stayed here, I braved the elements and enjoyed using the Infinity pool on the 11th floor. This is a lovely spot and as the water is heated, it was actually really lovely. During the summer months this must be even lovelier!

This hotel is in a great location. Just a couple of minutes’ walk along the sea front you get to a lovely shopping and restaurant area. Locals are also out walking their dogs with the kids skateboarding. There are plenty of other sites to explore that this hotel is within walking distance to.

Communal areas, including the lobby are simply stunning.

Sad to leave!

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone wanting a little bit of luxury in Lima.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are lovely, even with the fog you have a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I deliberately choose this hotel - on advise from Trip Advisor - and because I knew Lima would be a culture shock. Don't get me wrong Lima is great and very interesting, but just full on with crazy traffic and armed police and guards everywhere - vast contrast to little New Zealand.

The service at the hotel was magnificent - polite, professional and friendly. There was a lovely lady who worked in the hotel's bar - I wish I recalled her name who was so great helping us with our rather basic Spanish. I recommend the ocean view rooms not that we spend much time there. The hotel and all associated costs, drinks, meals, transfers are expensive but it is to be expected when you stay five star.

Room Tip: An ocean view is lovely - you pay quite a bit more of course.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
oeperu, Director General at Belmond Miraflores Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Reviewed 2 October 2013

This hotel is absolutely beautiful, great staff and amazing views of the Pacific ocean! The only strange thing was that we had two twin beds pushed together to make one large bed, however the twin beds didn't meet in the middle. We didn't mind because it was only for 1 night but otherwise, this would have not been ideal for a long stay. We were here for such a short time that we were unable to enjoy the amenities.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
oeperu, Director General at Belmond Miraflores Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments which encourage us to every day in order to give the best service to our guests.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 September 2013

This is a fabulous hotel top to bottom (although we did not try the restaurant). The Miraflores location is wonderful. The staff was friendly and gracious, check in / out was very quick (and we were part of a large group), rooms were very nicely done, very clean - the hotel is just great. The only downside - when we wanted to go out, we asked the bellman how to get a taxi and, lo and behold, a hotel sanctioned 'texi' was out front and we could charge the cost to our room. Even though the hotel 'taxi' was very nice, it was tripe the cost of what it would have been if we had flagged down a taxi on our own.

Room Tip: Must get a Pacific Ocean view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
oeperu, Director General at Belmond Miraflores Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Guest,

We are pleased that your stay in our hotel has met your expectations.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Five star property, very clean, spacious rooms and bathrooms. Nice bar, excellent business center, Nicely presented breakfast. Located by the sea in a very safe neighborhood, close to San Isidro and Barranco (good restaurants there). A very good choice for business and leisure travelers alike. No wow factor, but no bad surprises either. Did not dine there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
oeperu, Director General at Belmond Miraflores Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013