“Amazing pool and views”

Belmond Miraflores Park
Ranked #1 of 236 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed at the Miraflores Park Hotel during my trip to Peru - I only stayed there for two nights after finishing the four day Inca Trail and It was a real treat as I was in desperate need of the comfort such a great hotel offered. Amazing pool and views.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Hillary B
oeperu, Director General at Belmond Miraflores Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

We are pleased that your stay in our hotel has met your expectations.

Thank you for your comments which encourage us to every day in order to give the best service to our guests.

Managing Director, Peru

Write a ReviewReviews (1,642)

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel at the beginning and the end of our 3 week holiday to Peru. The staff we lovely and the atmosphere very relaxed. Our last day was just as the hotel was being closed for a major refurbishment so I look forward to my next trip to Peru to ensure the same standards are available.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank StephHitH
oeperu, Director General at Belmond Miraflores Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Reviewed 7 January 2014

A hotel with a library and a bar attached, a roof top garden restaurant serving breakfast, rooms large enough to sleep 4 and a bathroom built on the lines of ancient times.....this is one excellent property in Lima which is not be missed.

I was travelling on business and my company made the booking for me here. I arrived well past midnight and was dog tired after a 6 hr flight and 1 hr at the immigration/customs/baggage etc. Upon arrival the Hotel whisked me to my room and had everything ready for me to drop dead....the check in was actually done the next day morning. All they did was to check my identity on arrival and since this was a corporate booking there were no issues. I cant recall of any other check ins in such short time ever.

The room had view to the Pacific ocean through the large window. Though the sun actually can be seen for 3 months and the rest of the year is gloomy and foggy, I was luck to have a clear morning. The bed was very comfortable, the lay out of the room was excellent, great bathroom and amenities. Perhaps the softest linens I have experienced in some time.

The breakfast served on the roof top restaurant was a great way to start the day. A lavish spread to choose from and sitting on the terrace looking at the Pacific was simply great. Though I did not have any lunches and dinners, I did find time to go for a drink at the bar which was a library bar if I may say so and the ambience was simply great. Great staff and courteous all the way through......this is perhaps one Hotel in a long time where I had nothing to point out about House Keeping. And that is a big one !!!

Overall an excellent stay and a must return on my next trip.

Room Tip: Choose an ocean facing room and you will not regret.......
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SoumenChowdhury

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We received a very warm welcome for our two night stay at this hotel. We were escorted to our room and given a thorough explanation of what we needed to know about the room. The hotel is in a great location that sits on a cliff above the Pacific Ocean.

The room was very comfortable and breakfast was served on the rooftop. A great way to start the day - terrific views and a great selection of food on offer. The service at breakfast was exceptionally good with a good number of staff to guests.

Miraflores is a great location to base yourself in Lima. It is relaxed and a far cry from the chaotic city centre. The traffic is unbelievably bad and after trying to get in and out of the city centre, we were pleased with our decision to stay in the MIraflores area.

The hotel is very close to a major shopping mall - about a 10 minute scenic stroll along a path in front of the hotel.

During our stay in Lima we visited the Huaca Pucllana, the site is interesting and worth visiting. We also had dinner there which was disappointing. This restaurant caters for a large number of diners and our three courses were served very quickly and I think we were in and out of there in about three-quarters of an hour. We enjoyed our walking tour of the historic city centre; there are some wonderful cathedrals including the Convento Santo Domingo - don't miss the library with books dating back to the 16th century. We also visited the Casa Aliago (a mansion in the middle of the city owned by the same family since vice royalty). We visited the Magic Water Circuit - the fountains were good to walk through but the laser show screened onto the fountains was a little naff.

Whilst in Lima I would highly recommend a visit to the Museo Larco - what a magnificent collection housed here.

I would definitely recommend staying at the Miraflores Park Hotel.

Room Tip: Definitely book a sea view room - the views are amazing and you get to see the crazy people gliding...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Travelwriter63
oeperu, Director de Recepción at Belmond Miraflores Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Reviewed 3 January 2014

My partner and I stayed two nights at this hotel as our first stop in Peru. We generally choose small, typical, luxury boutique hotel but the travel agency highly recommended us that we stayed at this hotel.

The initial impression wasn't exactly what we were expcecting: we had to cue to check in at least 15 minutes, which for a 5 star hotel and after 15 hrs of flight is a bit too much,but after that we were given a huge bedroom with ocean view and whatever we needed or asked was done the minute after, we were really impressed.

the only downside is the lack of charm,the hotel really looks perfect for a business trip rather than a holiday vacation.

excellent food and great breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Vanessaki

Reviewed 2 January 2014

The Orient Express experience was fantastic. The hotel had an incredible view and was in walking distance to lots of shops and restaurants. The breakfast buffet was top notch and the hotel lobby had an excellent flower display. I would definitely stay here again when I return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stacey M

Reviewed 2 January 2014

This hotel is just lovely, a welcome rest from a very long flight. Unfortunately we just stayed a short time as we only had one day in Lima but it's a great location and the rooms are lovely. Really nothing to fault at all! if you're looking for luxury in Lima this is the place

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business