“Good Lima Coast Location”

Belmond Miraflores Park
Ranked #1 of 230 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed at the hotel preparing for an Abercrombie & Kent small tour of Lima, Cusco, and Machu Picchu. The hotel is located on the coast of Lima with a small park in front of the hotel. Although it has great views of the pacific cliffs, one will probably walk over to the shopping mall several blocks away. We found many security personnel at the shopping mall, much more than in the US, which had many US chain stores. On the 11th floor, there was a gym, an outdoor pool, and a spa. On the floor above was a conference hall which was not in use at the time. On the first floor is a bar area and a couple of small shops. In the morning we had a buffet breakfast on the 11th floor which was quite a spread with eggs made to your specification and the local fruits and breads. The rooms are large and had all of the amenities that most hotels have, although nothing special, the service was exceptional. The views of the rooms faced the park. However, in comparison with the rooms at the JW Marriott several blocks away, I would prefer to stay at the JWM. The Belmond is also a top rated hotel in my opinion and would consider staying there as an alternative.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MB Q
oeperu, General Manager at Belmond Miraflores Park, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Dear ITConsultant1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel on a two-day gastronomic tip to Lima.

The hotel is very well located in Miraflores, the best neighborhood in Lima.
Close to everything in Lima. There is a nice park in front of the hotel. There are great views from the hotel as it is located on the edge of cliffs along the Pacific. It is great to take a stroll along the cliffs and have a drink at the upscale shopping mall nearby. It seemed very safe.

As far as the amenities are concerned, they are limited. The wifi worked well. The gym is small and limited, but the cardio equipment was modern and can get you through a day. However, you can go for a good run along the cliffs. The infinity pool on the roof has an unbelievable view, but it is quite cramped to be fully enjoyed. The bar area is similarly way too small, however we had some of the best ceviche in Lima there.

The breakfast on the top floor is excellent…don’t miss it. Great views as well.

Our room was not ready upon arrival, which was a bummer…45 min wait. The rooms are ok, but nothing special. It seems like they have been upgraded, but it seems like they cut some corners in the work. Overall, I felt the rooms were expensive for what they are offering.

The highlight of the stay was the outstanding service. Everyone was friendly, professional and bending over backward to help.

From what I have seen in Lima, this is the best option in the city, but it has a way to go to be a top-flight hotel.

Was this review helpful? Please let me know by clicking on the button below.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view...no need to be on a high floor...just make sure you are on the ocean side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Knownews
Reviewed 11 August 2014

this relatively small hotel make you feel at home. Everyone is wall trained to make you feel at home. The view to the ocean from the rooms and breakfast terraza is amazing. There is small park to walk.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank estrellita1
oeperu, General Manager at Belmond Miraflores Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear estrellita1,

Thank you for your review.

We are glad we made ​​you feel at home, that is our main goal.

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

What a great first night in Peru. The hotel interior is beautiful, rooms are impeccable, and staff super attentive and helpful. Our family of four stayed in two connecting rooms on the 8th floor with club privileges on the 10th (drinks, snacks, breakfasts). Our king room had a killer ocean view and a dry sauna in the bathroom--had never seen that before! The staff were amazing: one woman called me when she found my son's jacket; the bell men helped us get partially reimbursed for an outrageous charge from CMV for transportation; the club servers treated us royally with our espresso-soya requests. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Wish we had stayed more than one night!

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank haveboots

Dear haveboots,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review.

And also, thank you for your comments about our staff, I will share it with the entire team.

We hope you can return soon to enjoy more nights with us.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed on 7/19/14 at the hotel for one night and was asked at check-in to “PRE-authorize” a $400 charge, in case I incurred any additional expenses. When I inquired why, I was told that all Lima hotels do this. I know that that is not true, because I stayed in the prior two weeks at two different Lima hotels and did not have to give such a pre-authorization.
I did not incur any additional expenses beyond my prepaid stay and received the next morning at check-out a zero-balance statement and had Daniela at the front desk reverse the charge. She said something was wrong with the system and the reversal didn’t go through but she would later attempt again - they always do when this happens, she said. I asked her for a written confirmation of this situation, which she gave me. I was later contacted by Francisco Allain assuring me that the charge would be reversed. The reversal has so far not happened and despite several emails to him and the front desk I have not heard back from them. Very frustrating! And a very unnecessary and error prone process. It is unlikely that I am the only of thousands of guests this has happened to. Any other hotel I’ve ever stayed in takes a copy of the credit card and charges thereafter as needed when additional charges were made. I should not have to struggle to reverse an illegitimate charge. I sure hope that the hotel sees this post and will indeed reverse the false $400 charge.

Regarding other aspects of the hotel: I would not stay there again. It is in the ‘best’ part of town near a small park and near a nearly all American shopping mall - for me hardly an incentive to go there. Service was pleasant but the hotel is so busy that some things were off: towels - which used to be white - are grey. My door to an attractive balcony garden was broken. The hotel send somebody to fix it but he determined that it needed more extensive repair which had to happen another day, so my door to the outside stayed open. The curtain was partially off the rod, hanging down - something that went unnoticed by housekeeping during the duration of my stay.
I had asked for some bottles of water (since tap water is not potable) and was told they would be brought to my room; they never arrived despite a repeat request. Another disappointment was that the restaurant was closed during the time I had available; they apparently closed after lunch and reopened at 7 pm. I had arrived just after lunch from the airport, was very hungry and didn’t want to wait until 7 pm since I had to catch an early morning flight. The bar offered fast food choices only, which I didn’t want. I followed the concierges advice to go to one of the restaurants in the mall.

I had stayed in the weeks prior at two other Belmond hotels in Peru (Rio Sagrado and Palacio Nazarenes), which were impressively beautiful, deluxe, and with impeccable service. I thought even before the error with the charge occurred that the Miraflores was 3 steps down from those hotels.
If anyone is just traveling through Lima due to having to make flight connections I would not suggest to use the Miraflores Park hotel but the Ramada Costa del Sol Airport Hotel (which I will review separately). The Miraflores costs more and incurs additional transportation charges for a 40-minute drive (which is inconvenient for an early morning flight), without being worthwhile.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
oeperu, General Manager at Belmond Miraflores Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Ailenroc,

Thank you for your recent stay at Belmond Miraflores Park and for sharing your comments with us. We sincerely regret the inconvenience with your credit card and would like to apologize for this.

Please rest assured that we follow our standard operating procedures. Most hotels around the world request a pre-authorization of charges for extras as part of their regular check in process. Unfortunately, there was a problem with the bank’s system and, even though we did our best to solve the problem for your convenience, there was little the hotel could do. Bank procedures often take longer than expected and we understand that this situation has caused discomfort for which we sincerely apologize again.

About unlocking your credit card, please note that our Front Desk staff has been actively following up this matter and the digital payments company has informed us that the process was completed this week. Still, you can confirm this directly with the bank that issued the card. We tried to ask the local payment company, but due to privacy policy we cannot contact your bank or ask the local payment company to communicate with your bank.

Once again let us apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced with us.

Belmond Peru

Reviewed 5 August 2014

From the moment the concierge welcomes you to the hotel you feel welcome and that the standard of staff training is exceptionally high.
The entrance is vast with a grand staircase there are everywhere and sparkling glass all around.
The room we had a deluxe twin was excellent and everything was catered for.
The buffet breakfast on 11th floor was excellent with lots of choice and just for fun you can take a dip in the outdoor pool outside the restaurant with amazing ocean views.
The staff could not have been more helpful, bottled water, on tap, if you'll forgive the pun.
There was no option for coffee making in room but the bar made a reasonable cup with biscuits thrown in.
There was a personal safe in the room but this area in Lima is considered to be safe and there was a high Tourist Police presence which was very reassuring.
The ocean views are magnificent making this an overall excellent experience

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view....spa on 5th so 6 upward is good. Restaurant on 11th
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank hmlhhf

Dear hmlhhf,

Thank you very much for your review.

Comments like yours encourage us to maintain our level of service. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and liked the decor and service.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Following some serious partying and trekking in Cusco and the Andes, this is a perfect location to relax and enjoy the amazing hotel restaurant (does not feel like a hotel restaurant rather a high quality restaurant with great art).

The staff treat you with great respect and if you get a suite, you get access to the executive lounge which puts on great breakfasts and lunch and of course cocktails in the evening.

Also very easy to get some surfing in with the sea front location

PS. if you are looking for hiking gear, Tattoo (the shop) is located really close by in Larcomar shopping centre.

Highly recommended for couples... The Spa has some very skilled masseuses

Room Tip: ask for sea facing, if you choose a suite you get access to the executive lounge.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BruceOfLondon

Dear BruceOfLondon,

We are glad you had a fun trip in Peru and recharged your energy at our hotel.

We really appreciate your comments in this review.

We hope you to return soon.