“Wonderful”

Ranked #1 of 226 Hotels in Lima
Prior Lake, Minnesota
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

We were only there one night for a business meeting but loved the location. Very nice hotel and staff. The food was great for our breakfast but we did notice that the decorum our breakfast area was a little strange.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Hotziek60s
oeperu, General Manager at Belmond Miraflores Park, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Dear Hotziek60s,

Thank you for write us a review.

You should come back to Peru but on vacations, so you will have more time to enjoy the Hotel, Lima and Perú.

Regional Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fort Worth
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Lovely hotel with gorgeous views of the ocean and the park next door. Within easy walking distance to the mall built into the side of the cliff that has a lot of standard USA stores and restaurants, but also a few Peruvian choices. The room was very comfortable with great beds and an expansive window. The bath was great and included a separate shower and tub as well as a sauna. The restaurant was delicious and the bar has not only good drinks, but a simpler dinner menu to enjoy.
The only negative, and it is slight, is the air conditioner in the room. I like a cold room and it was virtually impossible to get the room cold. It was never hot, but just not cold.
The service was impeccable - from the door men to the cleaning staff to the restaurant and bar and on and on. Nightly turn-down service is included, too.
I would definitely return to this hotel time and again!!

Room Tip: Our room was listed as a 'park view', but we also had a wonderful and clear view of the ocea...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Shannon B
Dear Mrs. Shannon B,

Thank you very much for your review.

We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay, and specially the room and the bed.

We also would like to thank you for your comments about our Restaurant Tragaluz and our Belo Bar.

Torrance, California
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed at the hotel preparing for an Abercrombie & Kent small tour of Lima, Cusco, and Machu Picchu. The hotel is located on the coast of Lima with a small park in front of the hotel. Although it has great views of the pacific cliffs, one will probably walk over to the shopping mall several blocks away. We found many security personnel at the shopping mall, much more than in the US, which had many US chain stores. On the 11th floor, there was a gym, an outdoor pool, and a spa. On the floor above was a conference hall which was not in use at the time. On the first floor is a bar area and a couple of small shops. In the morning we had a buffet breakfast on the 11th floor which was quite a spread with eggs made to your specification and the local fruits and breads. The rooms are large and had all of the amenities that most hotels have, although nothing special, the service was exceptional. The views of the rooms faced the park. However, in comparison with the rooms at the JW Marriott several blocks away, I would prefer to stay at the JWM. The Belmond is also a top rated hotel in my opinion and would consider staying there as an alternative.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MB Q
Dear ITConsultant1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,044 helpful votes
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel on a two-day gastronomic tip to Lima.

The hotel is very well located in Miraflores, the best neighborhood in Lima.
Close to everything in Lima. There is a nice park in front of the hotel. There are great views from the hotel as it is located on the edge of cliffs along the Pacific. It is great to take a stroll along the cliffs and have a drink at the upscale shopping mall nearby. It seemed very safe.

As far as the amenities are concerned, they are limited. The wifi worked well. The gym is small and limited, but the cardio equipment was modern and can get you through a day. However, you can go for a good run along the cliffs. The infinity pool on the roof has an unbelievable view, but it is quite cramped to be fully enjoyed. The bar area is similarly way too small, however we had some of the best ceviche in Lima there.

The breakfast on the top floor is excellent…don’t miss it. Great views as well.

Our room was not ready upon arrival, which was a bummer…45 min wait. The rooms are ok, but nothing special. It seems like they have been upgraded, but it seems like they cut some corners in the work. Overall, I felt the rooms were expensive for what they are offering.

The highlight of the stay was the outstanding service. Everyone was friendly, professional and bending over backward to help.

From what I have seen in Lima, this is the best option in the city, but it has a way to go to be a top-flight hotel.

Was this review helpful? Please let me know by clicking on the button below.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view...no need to be on a high floor...just make sure you are on the ocean side.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Knownews
Austin
Reviewed 11 August 2014

this relatively small hotel make you feel at home. Everyone is wall trained to make you feel at home. The view to the ocean from the rooms and breakfast terraza is amazing. There is small park to walk.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank estrellita1
oeperu, General Manager at Belmond Miraflores Park, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear estrellita1,

Thank you for your review.

We are glad we made ​​you feel at home, that is our main goal.

We hope to see you soon.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

What a great first night in Peru. The hotel interior is beautiful, rooms are impeccable, and staff super attentive and helpful. Our family of four stayed in two connecting rooms on the 8th floor with club privileges on the 10th (drinks, snacks, breakfasts). Our king room had a killer ocean view and a dry sauna in the bathroom--had never seen that before! The staff were amazing: one woman called me when she found my son's jacket; the bell men helped us get partially reimbursed for an outrageous charge from CMV for transportation; the club servers treated us royally with our espresso-soya requests. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Wish we had stayed more than one night!

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank haveboots
Dear haveboots,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review.

And also, thank you for your comments about our staff, I will share it with the entire team.

We hope you can return soon to enjoy more nights with us.

irvine
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed on 7/19/14 at the hotel for one night and was asked at check-in to “PRE-authorize” a $400 charge, in case I incurred any additional expenses. When I inquired why, I was told that all Lima hotels do this. I know that that is not true, because I stayed in the prior two weeks at two different Lima hotels and did not have to give such a pre-authorization.
I did not incur any additional expenses beyond my prepaid stay and received the next morning at check-out a zero-balance statement and had Daniela at the front desk reverse the charge. She said something was wrong with the system and the reversal didn’t go through but she would later attempt again - they always do when this happens, she said. I asked her for a written confirmation of this situation, which she gave me. I was later contacted by Francisco Allain assuring me that the charge would be reversed. The reversal has so far not happened and despite several emails to him and the front desk I have not heard back from them. Very frustrating! And a very unnecessary and error prone process. It is unlikely that I am the only of thousands of guests this has happened to. Any other hotel I’ve ever stayed in takes a copy of the credit card and charges thereafter as needed when additional charges were made. I should not have to struggle to reverse an illegitimate charge. I sure hope that the hotel sees this post and will indeed reverse the false $400 charge.

Regarding other aspects of the hotel: I would not stay there again. It is in the ‘best’ part of town near a small park and near a nearly all American shopping mall - for me hardly an incentive to go there. Service was pleasant but the hotel is so busy that some things were off: towels - which used to be white - are grey. My door to an attractive balcony garden was broken. The hotel send somebody to fix it but he determined that it needed more extensive repair which had to happen another day, so my door to the outside stayed open. The curtain was partially off the rod, hanging down - something that went unnoticed by housekeeping during the duration of my stay.
I had asked for some bottles of water (since tap water is not potable) and was told they would be brought to my room; they never arrived despite a repeat request. Another disappointment was that the restaurant was closed during the time I had available; they apparently closed after lunch and reopened at 7 pm. I had arrived just after lunch from the airport, was very hungry and didn’t want to wait until 7 pm since I had to catch an early morning flight. The bar offered fast food choices only, which I didn’t want. I followed the concierges advice to go to one of the restaurants in the mall.

I had stayed in the weeks prior at two other Belmond hotels in Peru (Rio Sagrado and Palacio Nazarenes), which were impressively beautiful, deluxe, and with impeccable service. I thought even before the error with the charge occurred that the Miraflores was 3 steps down from those hotels.
If anyone is just traveling through Lima due to having to make flight connections I would not suggest to use the Miraflores Park hotel but the Ramada Costa del Sol Airport Hotel (which I will review separately). The Miraflores costs more and incurs additional transportation charges for a 40-minute drive (which is inconvenient for an early morning flight), without being worthwhile.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
oeperu, General Manager at Belmond Miraflores Park, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Ailenroc,

Thank you for your recent stay at Belmond Miraflores Park and for sharing your comments with us. We sincerely regret the inconvenience with your credit card and would like to apologize for this.

Please rest assured that we follow our standard operating procedures. Most hotels around the world request a pre-authorization of charges for extras as part of their regular check in process. Unfortunately, there was a problem with the bank’s system and, even though we did our best to solve the problem for your convenience, there was little the hotel could do. Bank procedures often take longer than expected and we understand that this situation has caused discomfort for which we sincerely apologize again.

About unlocking your credit card, please note that our Front Desk staff has been actively following up this matter and the digital payments company has informed us that the process was completed this week. Still, you can confirm this directly with the bank that issued the card. We tried to ask the local payment company, but due to privacy policy we cannot contact your bank or ask the local payment company to communicate with your bank.

Once again let us apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced with us.

Belmond Peru