“Good, yes for a business trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of BTH Hotel

BTH Hotel
Ranked #20 of 228 Hotels in Lima
Campinas, SP
“Good, yes for a business trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

I am guessing that Business Tower hotel was not originally intended to the business traveler clients in mind. This is what I got because of the setting of the rooms with big Jacuzzi in one space... But, management got to make it a good business hotel. They provide good service and safety feeling from the main door all over the inside of the hotel.
I arrived late at night, unpacked, but could not get my shirts ironed early in the morning because the laundry service is external. Instead, upon request they provide me with an iron and table so I can do the ironing myself.
Streets around have a lot of traffic so when planning your times in and out is good to provide room for delays.
Rooms are very clean, good bed to sleep. Restaurant has very good food, morning breakfast is excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
Lima, Peru
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

First: if you are a business traveller staying for one night without any other requirements: this is perfect for you! clean, comfortable, great food, wonderful rooms with jaccuzi and power shower. Absolutely loved it
Second: if you wanna sleep in and require some of their services: be patient, be expected to be fooled - a great hotel needs great staff - this one does not have it! Thinking along for the customer is not their strength.
Check-in took a bit too long for my liking, they simply could not find the names in their system. No further information was provided at check-in.
We were offered to be shown the room, to them that meant opening the door for us. I expected a bit more info since there is a jaccuzi in the middle of the room. You literally had to distract the information from them word by word - when is breakfast, where is the gym, etc. And I do speak Spanish so communicating was not a problem on my side.
We needed laundry to be done, the girl at reception told us to fill in the form and leave the bag with the paper on the bed so when housekeeping comes they can collect it: we came back at 10pm at night from dinner - the bed was made - the bag with the paper sitting neatly on top of it - with our dirty laundry. Giving them a call they immediately jumped into action and came to collect it - with the promise to return the next evening at 8pm. No problem so far, until 7am when we got a call asking "laundy? laundry?" - after telling them that our laundry had been collected last night, still somebody came up to our room and knocked on the door - despite the DO NOT DISTURB sign and kept asking about our laundry? Again with lots of patience I explained that they already got the laundry.
We left the room at 2pm and put the "please tidy up" sign on the door. Their housekeeping team is buzzing about all day - is all wired up with communication devices but by 11pm our room was still not cleaned and there was no laundry either - another phone call to reception - housekeeping came with ONE towel in their hand... again with patience kindly asked for all other stuff we need for the bathroom like toilet paper, emtying the bins, and more than 1 towel for two people would be appreciated.
1AM - went to bathroom - flushed (and I have been in SouthAmerica for 3 months now - I know that toilet paper does not go in the loo here) toilet flooded our bathroom, it literally came out of the toilet...
3am - TV resets itself for signal and switches itself on making horrible noises (this happened every night! - so we had to unplug it before going to sleep)
We had mail to be send - I expect a business hotel to have stamps or a postal service. (they looked at me like I was a monkey).
Finally,I have worked in hotels for many years myself - and meanwhile this place has fantastic features, is clean and offers delicious breakfast and dinner - their seems to be a lack of efficiency in running the place. Which is such a shame. I recommend some staff training.
The funny thing is - Business Tower Hotel posts a thank-you note on every review giving on tripadvisor - but I already know now that nothing will change.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
BusinessTowerHotel, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at BTH Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear Miss Julia,

It is a pleasure to greet you. We sincerely appreciate the trust placed in us by staying at our hotel.

Also, thank you for the suggestions provided in relation to the service that we offered, this help us to improve our procedures and service, always seeking the satisfaction of our customers.

In the name of Business Tower Hotel, please receive our sincere apologies for all the details that were raised during your stady . We really regret that these events have happened; nevertheless I would like to inform you that we have taken the corrective measures to avoid similar events, in order to guarantee the satisfaction of our clients.

Again, we reiterate our gratefulness for the trust laid on us and we remain alert for any additional consultation that you may request.

Yours faithfully,
Danville, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

This was my 4th stay at the BTH for work and was happy as with my previous experiences.
Rooms clean, service good and restaurant excellent food.

Most room fees incl. morning breakfast and car service available to/from airport at a fee.

Front desk was good and recommended and booked a day tour of Lima for me.

I will continue to stay at the BTH on all trips I take to Lima.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

We glad I could provide a full service experience at our hotel.

Thank you for your comments and hope to have it again for our facilities

Lima, Peru
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

I highly recommend this hotel. The bed was super comfty, the jetted tub was a delight, the room and bathroom were very clean, staff very friendly, food delicious, location great. I will definitely be coming back.

Room Tip: I stayed in the 7th floor facing the back and did fine. Cosmopolitan Room.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

We glad I could provide a full service experience at our hotel.

Thank you for your comments and hope to have it again for our facilities.

Lima
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

Really nice people working on this hotel, they helped us with everything, the hotel has a really cool decoration even when the elevator its kinda old, the rooms are awesome and the quality of service its really good.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

We glad I could provide a full service experience at our hotel.

Thank you for your comments and hope to have it again for our facilities.

Bogota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

This hotel really offers a lot of service that you rarely will find in another hotel of same features.
I really like you have option of a big bathtub , and a steam bath in your own room.
This is nice.

Have a good TV with Satellital service (Directv) where you find local channel from your country of origin.

Breakfast is good, you have a chromactic fruits.

Maybe needs to have a loyalty plan to be one of the best hotel in Lima

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

Good hotel with good service and helpful staff.
There is a nice trendy restaurant with good food
If you get a room at the front, ask for a higher floor to avoid the noise from the street.
If you can get a corporate rate, the price/value is really good compared to similar hotels in Lima.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business