“The best service I've seen in a long time”
Review of Garden Hotel

Garden Hotel
Ranked #143 of 229 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 10 November 2012

This is great place to stay for US$100 a night. Room is very comfortable and clean, people who works here is very dedicated and kind. I stayed for a whole week and spend a lot of time in the room. Front desk people helped me a lot with many issues and restaurant people was so kind to me. It's very easy to recognize that this people try very hard to make you feel like home and, from my point of view, It's very important for a businessman that travels alone.

Room Tip: If noise is your problem, there are double windows, you can close both of them. Anyway 50% of the ro...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Garden Hotel

Reviewed 29 October 2012

The hotel claims to be well situated, which it is, but the fact that they don't show any pictures of the rooms on their website is most likely because the furnishings were last updated in the 1950s... Except for the bathroom, which was fairly recent, but after being there for 3 days, the dust on the lavatory was never cleaned off.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank juancit0
Reviewed 26 October 2012

This is a budget hotel, which for the right price is a great find. However for $130 a night (or $105 single), it is wayyyyyyy overpriced (and I moved to the Radisson the next night). If the 20 year old carpet were cleaner it would have been just as comfortable to sleep on the floor as the bed. The breakfast buffet is probably one of the poorest that I've seen in Peru as well.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Well, I spent four nights here, seems that I had a much better experience than some of the other reviewers. Really did not have any issues. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful, at all hours of the day and night. Breakfast was sufficient, certainly not gourmet, but for the price (included with the room), actually very good. The Internet worked very well and was reasonably fast...not always the case in Peru. The hotel is very well located if you have business in or around this area, and the hotel is located within two very short blocks of the nearby convention center at the Westin. There are quite a few different restaurants within one or two blocks, as well as banks, department stores and specialty shops. There is some noise from the street, but at night, the traffic dies down, so its only an issue if you are wanting to sleep late in the morning. The rooms are modest, somewhat of a throwback to the 1960s, but my room was clean, the mattress was firm, the water faucets worked, the shower head was fine, the toilet worked and did not run. The only issue was that the room did not have a desk, just a small, round table, so doing work in the room was not overly convenient, but all in all, considering the price, this is a hotel worth considering if you are here on business and won't be spending much time in your room. The staff will certainly take care of your requirements.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ends of each floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank og84
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Even that it seem to be remodeling, all the walls make noise. The neighbour is very noisy. I was on the 9th floor and still hearing cars and yells. I don't like the service and they don't give my breakfast because it was very early for them¡¡

Room Tip: avoid it, or try inside view
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ptorresmx
Reviewed 7 September 2011

It's 2 AM. I just got waken up by my neighbours' noise. Now I realize a silly additional door in my room; it connects my suite with my neighbour's one. Who designed this silly wall? I understand you need a door to enter your room, then a door to enter your bathroom. But what's the purpose of this additional door separating your room from your neighbour's one?? I can see their light under the door, I can hear their TV, I can hear them laugh. It's almost like being with them in the same room... and it's 2 AM!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank asaavedra
Reviewed 8 February 2008

I stayed at the Garden in January while I visited my girlfriend who lives in Monterrico Sur in Surco. It is located in San Isidro, the financial district. There is a dunken donuts on the same block, several banks and a few Casas de cambio - where I went to exchange my dollars to soles. Also, within walking distance is the Saga Falabella centro comercial which has at least one big department store, a food court, and a large grocery store (Tottus).

The area seemed very safe at all times. During the week it is busy with business men and women and at night it is calm. Not many people around, but well lit. There was always someone at the front door to let us in the hotel, even one Saturday night when I came in at 3am. They never asked for a room key so anyone could have walked in, but what hotel asks to see a key before letting you in?

The Garden is 10-20 minutes to Surco, Miraflores and Central Lima. I´d guess its a good 30-45 minutes from the airport, but I never went directly to/from the airport. I always went to/from Surco. We took cabs just about everywhere. I read before I left that you should only take secure taxis that you have to call. We never took one, but I was with a local for every cab ride. In either case I'm sure the hotel staff would call you a taxi if you ask them to. There was always someone at the front desk, and all of them spoke english.

Now for the inside of the hotel. My room was a Junior, I believe the smallest they offer. It was very nice. Very large bed, but a little hard. The bathroom was nice. There was hot water, soap, travel sized Kleenex and shampoo. In the bathroom the outlets were marked 110 volt and 220 volt. The other outlets were all 220. There was no dresser, but a full sized closet. The mini fridge was stocked with water, coke, orange juice, and mini alcohol bottles. I drank the bottled water, but they didn't restock it when they made up the rooms. I'm sure they would have had I asked, but I just bought some from the Tottus down the street. The lockbox was free and just required a phone call to the front desk to get the key.

I had free breakfast every morning at the hotel. It consisted of eggs, coffee, cereal, milk, fresh fruit, bread, muffins, and fresh juice. It was very good.

I recommend the Garden Hotel for all travelers. It is fairly centrally located. It was only $65/night. It has good service, and clean, comfy rooms. I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank astoltenberg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lima
Del Prado Hotel
#171 of 229 in Lima
Ananay Hotel San Isidro
Ananay Hotel San Isidro
#107 of 229 in Lima

Been to Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!