“Great hotel with helpful staff...”

Radisson Hotel Decapolis Miraflores
Ranked #26 of 236 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Stayed on my way out of Peru and was impressed. We had problems with our reservations upon arrival, but the staff were very helpful and solved the problem. The hotel is one of the nicest in Lima, with a very modern unique interior. The breakfast was great and the staff recommended some great restaurants for dinner. Not to mention the price is one of the lowest for the MIraflores area. High recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,091)

Reviewed 1 September 2011

I followed trip advisor and it didn't steer me wrong. Although I couldn't get the upgrade some people have talked about they put me in a nice room facing the tennis club. There's a really nice pool/ bar on the roof that's pretty happening. I like the fact that they give you 30 soles a day credit for drinks at the bar, that was a big plus. Breakfast is included as well. Place was pretty clean, bathroom clean, bed is a clean and it's like 5 blocks from the main Parque Kennedy. Great location. Free Wifi in the room was a major plus for me!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ricshi
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Went for a 3 night stay, very good choice, had read the reviews in tripadvisor and almost each one of them was a positive review, something that rarely happens at this website. Price was more than adequate, breakfast is very generous (always included in their rates). Followed tips and declined a room offered on the 11th floor to avoid weekend noise from their roof top bar. Complimentary drinks were excellent ($10.00 worth per day). It is best to have the hotel hire a car for airport pick-up and drop-off at US$39.00 per way. Do not have any complaints EXCEPT for the lack of lighting at the hotel. Dark lobby at night, and very dark elevator and corridors leading to the room. I did mention this to the front desk, the response was that this was the Decapolis style.

Room Tip: Do not care about the view, avoid rooms on the 1th floor on weekends.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I was coming to Lima for a wedding. I had lived in Lima before and knew that I wanted to be in Miraflores due to location and proximity to the views over the ocean. The Radisson offered a great rate (below USD $150 a night) and I knew the location, so I took it. Overall I was very satisfied. From my room I could see down towards the ocean, which was nice, despite the grey and cloudy weather (typical for August). The room was comfortable. I really found the firmness of the bed to be just what I liked, and the sheets and pillows were all comfortable. The shower had amazing pressure - one of the better hotel showers I've had in a long time. One thing though -the fixtures holding up the shower rod were somewhat rusted, but that was a minor issue. The room was kept very clean and the maids did a good job. One weird thing I noticed was that the iron and the coffee maker had plugs that were not compatible with the plugs in the room. I called the front desk and within 10 minutes a maid appeared with an adapter, so that was good. Very good. Overall, very satisfied with the room.
Breakfast, which was included, was delicious. The buffet was huge and I really liked the egg options on offer. I had the "Decapolis" which was excellent - had some unique spices as well as onions, etc - tasted very "peruvian".
Also, all rooms come with 1-2 free drinks per day, which my friend and I partook of in the bar off the lobby. Good service, and some very strong Maracuya sours. I really liked it.
Front desk staff were all very nice and did a good job at checking me in and out quickly and expeditiously. There was a minor payment issue which the chief of the front desk managed quickly and professionally.
Also, the free wifi worked for me everywhere in the hotel. I find this invaluable.
Overall, I'd really recommend this hotel. Comfortable with a great location in Lima.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the ocean. I was in 312 and had a great view
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2011

This is now the third time we have stayed here when visiting Peru, and every time we have received excellent service, probably better service than most other European hotels we've been to.
The rooms are very comfortable, clean and have everything you would expect of a 'branded' hotel. We asked for a quiet room and were given a corner room which was great.
The food is fantastic, so fresh and with a choice to order hot items. I don't think a lot of people know this, but you can order as many items as you want from it - so keep hold of the menu they give you! We had a selection of scrambled and poached eggs with salmon and pancakes. This is on top of the fresh fruit, cereal, and pastries buffet they provide. The meal we had there in the evening was also very good; great decor and lighting make the restaurant feel intimate and romantic in the evenings. We also enjoyed some pisco sours and fruit cocktails thanks to the free $10 drink tab they give you when you book.
We booked taxis to and from the airport with reception which were always prompt.
All in all a great place to stay when in Lima, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2011

The room was very clean, had great central air with on the wall digital thermostat. The bed and pillows were probably the most comfortable of all the places we stayed. The location was pretty good for Lima, a few blocks from the ocean and from the Larco mar. The bar on the roof is not much of a bar, but you get a free drink per room. If you order a whiskey and coke in Peru they give you Johnny Walker. No one came near the pool. But we were there in the grey season. The sushi restaraunt in the hotel was actually pretty good. The service was perfect and being close to the sea the fish was pretty fresh. Of course we did sake with Cuzqueno. The continental breakfast was as most places a full spread of fruits cheeses breads and order eggs your way. Overall as long as you are looking for a clean regular hotel this is the best we stayed at. It is not a boutique hotel though they have an art deco feel, some contemporary couches, and an Internet PC room off the lobby.

Room Tip: clean clean clean just dont open the window above the shower.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2011

In Miraflores and overlooking on one side the ocean, if you have the chance, this well maintained looking and well managed hotel is business oriented as it has impeccable service and well appointed room. Scores of staff will answer to all your wishes, but it lacks something. We stayed here 3 nights at the end of our long trip around Peru. A true 4 star.

We like :
1 – Large room with excellent bedding, and for some reason, we had a slim view over the ocean (in the hazy distance at this time of the year). So it can be a plus if you ask.
2 – Reliable Wifi, large buffet and a la carte breakfast, large safe, and coffee maker
3 – Not outrageously priced : les than 150 average USD
4 – Nice rooftop pool scene, for a dip, or for a drink

This happened to us :
1 – Indifferent service, you have all the service from Radisson, but no more. It lacks something in the attitude of the staff that could have made the difference.
2 – We were so happy with the coffee maker, but coffee was never refurbished ! So we used it as a kettle
3 – Our room was on the floor just under the bar of the pool. So Friday and Saturday nights were busy with disco music we could hear from the room, till around 11 PM. Not a disaster but it is wise to avoid if you don’t like this.

Tips :
1 – From the airport, look for “GREEN TAXI”. In the international arrival, go pass the limo stand in front of the immigration way out, after that, you’ll bump into them. Fixed prices are listed to various part of LIMA, no need to hassle, and Miraflores was at 45. While around plaza de Armas was at 35.

Room Tip: Avoid top floors to be away from the busy pool bar at night. And if you like views, they have rooms...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
DeboraAvalos, Guest Service Manager at Radisson Hotel Decapolis Miraflores, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor. We are thankful for your commentaries and recommendations. Also, let me thank you for giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about our services. They are an invaluable tool we use to improve ourselves everyday.

We are going to take note about the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to take the corrective actions in order to avoid that kind of situations.

We hope to receive you again, until then we remain at your service

Cordially,