“Typical”

Radisson Hotel Decapolis Miraflores
Ranked #26 of 236 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Typical American hotel. Overpriced. For the amount I payed it was a little room. Hotel staff hit on me every single time they saw me which was really uncomfortable. Nice bar. Sushi was crap. Found a hair in my food twice! And room service food was gross. Mariel was much better and better priced.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank MPeo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,108)

Reviewed 30 November 2011

This hotel tries to be so hip and modern that some of the utility is lost, like the lighting in the bar/sushi lounge is so low, that they need to turn it up so you can sign the bill. We had a comfortable three night stay and the location is a few blocks from Larco Ave, where the traffic and restaurants are and makes for a quieter location. We were upgrade to a deluxe room that was quite large, but sparse. After the minibar took several spaces, there were only two draws to put clothing and personal items. We were on the sixth floor based on trip advisor comments and found the room quiet.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2011

This review is about two different hotels. My wife and I checked in at night and felt frightened, not by the neighborhood but by the staff. They were thugish and tried to intimidate us. Check-in service was the worst ever. Totally rude. We felt like we were checking into brothel with blue lights and red furniture in the lobby. In daytime with new staff, everything was normal. Single women would NOT feel comfortable here. The second night was the same.

Rooms and breakfast were fine.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Had the pleasure of staying at the Radisson Miraflores two weeks ago. It was a short stay mostly for business, but this hotel was excellent. The decor in the hotel is nice and modern, using local artists and nice colors in the lobby, restaurant and other places. The room (got Amex upgrada to a larger Executive room) was huge. The furnishings were standard, good quality, but huge windows with lots of light, very comfortable bed and nice modern bathrooms. The service all around, from checking to house keeping, was fantastic. The upgrade got me free WIFI in the room, which worked fine. The included buffet breakfast like the others mention was fantastic, definately a lot more than your standard continental breakfast, this was real food and eggs made to order.

I did not experience any noise nor did I go to the rooftop bar, as I was there Tuesday night so it might have been closed, but I slept very well. The location is great right in MiraFlores and the busboys outside always ran to get me a cab/help me with directions, etc. I would definately stay here again for business or pleasure. Plus the fact that it was much cheaper than the other high end hotels in Lima, like the Swiss hotel or JW, and I thought this was much better service, so it gets my vote going forward.

Room Tip: Away from elevator always a good idea, ask for upgrade.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jfloMiami_FL
Reviewed 14 November 2011

The noise probably depends on what floor your room is located. We were on floor 6 and only once I heard the music--apparently coming from the rooftop bar--but at the distance, not loud enough to bother me. There was some noise from the hallway early in the morning (including an annoying phone ringing!?). I also heard noise coming from the adjoining room's closet and the upstairs room bathroom. This won't bother you, unless you sleep in. The room was clean, it had a partial view of the ocean. Bed was very comfortable. It had a nice TV, bathroom (water temperature was a bit tricky to gauge, but pressure was nice). Breakfast was excellent--lots of fruits, pastries, meats, juices and warm dishes. Loved the Martini bar--great drinks, prompt service and excellent sushi! The personnel were extremely attentive and nice. The location is great. You're within walking distance of Larcomar (shopping mall overlooking ocean) and Parque de Miraflores. Short cab rides to main attractions. If you use the hotel's taxi service, it will cost you more. Get tips on how to ride cabs safely and flag them on the street, it will cost less.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Do not stay in this hotel if you want to sleep before 2 am. They have a night club - WITH LOUD MUSIC - in the roof. The music was louder than the sound of my TV in the room. I had to sleep to catch a flight the next morning and regreted to choose this hotel.

Apart from this major inconvenience, rooms are spacious, breakfast is excellent and location is good.

I will not go back to this hotel while they have this incovenient night club as part of their business.

The chief of the front desk, Claudia, was embarassed with my complaint. She was very corteous and attemptive.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I got engaged in this hotel and It's very special for thisreason, everytime we are in Perú we stay in this hotel and it hasn't let us down. Last time we stayed in was for my husband's birthday and we had a wonderful time, we got an upgrade at check in time, I mentioned at booking time that was my husband's birthday but they did really surprised us! Someone knocked the door and this lovely waiter came in with cake and a birthday card for my husband, it was really nice! The concierge Antonio was very helpful and has excellent customer service. The open bar on the top floor is great, nice cocktails, good service, chill out music just perfect. Breakfast was good, we had to wait quiet a while for some eggs benedict but it was ok. The location of this hotel is the best just in the centre of Miraflores, you can easily walk to Larcomar, Kennedy Park and the main night clubs and bars that are located at Pizza's street. Rooms are very spacious, very very clean and comfortable bed, toilet was great, very good hot shower and coffee facilities in the room. I would recommend this hotel, very good price for what you get, very well located and excellent service. I can't wait to go back to the Radisson!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brookycookie
DeboraAvalos, Guest Service Manager at Radisson Hotel Decapolis Miraflores, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing such a nice experience in Tripadvisor.

We are pleased to know that you have had such memorable moments at our hotel, like your engagement and your husband’s birthday. We really try to make each stay at our hotel a very pleasant and unique one.

We will be expecting you on your next visit to Peru and hope to keep exceeding your expectations.

Debora Avalos