Gran Hotel Bolivar
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsplaza san martingrand old ladyfaded grandeurold damestained glass domepisco soursantique furnitureinside roomclassic hotelhistoric center of limapresidential suitehotel barbring earplugsroom was largeincluded breakfasttaxi driverknobs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 January 2010

For $27 (from 1800hotels.com), this hotel is a great value. It's definitely past its prime, but we found that charming. It was reasonably clean, our bathroom had a bidet, the lobby is gorgeous, and the front desk was not very helpful. There's free internet in the lobby. A great choice for the budget traveler who is willing to rough it a little.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2010

this was a delight to find. the rooms are large with quality period furniture somewhat like a set from an agatha christie film. the bathroom entirely period but everything works fine . the hotel has character in spades and its shortcomings are very easy to to adjust to .we dined in the restaurant and whilst the service was slow the food was excellent. It is very easy to fall in love with this place and wish you were staying for longer.1 internet terminal for 300 quests is unlikely to be adequate in this age but then the hotel is not really in the modern age. 5 star accom for 2star prices If you do not need the modern chain hotel thing treat youself .

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chris0203
Reviewed 31 October 2009

If you want the plush luxury of a Sheraton then this hotel is not for you. I booked this incredibly cheap hotel to offset the cost of my stay at the Machu Picchu Lodge and was braced to expect some squalor. On arrival I immediately realised that I had made a discovery. It's a little shabby in places and a little musty here and there but this hotel has charm and character in spades. It reminded me of Raffles, Singapore before it had its makeover with its faded glory and a staff who were immensely proud to be working at this grand old lady.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
1  Thank voidoid_gen
Reviewed 18 October 2009

as grand as old grand gets ,,, turn of the century ish hotel in middle of Lima ,even Hemingway stayed here ,,, best pisco sours in town and in the bar Hemingway favored ,,,,, kinda spooky ,, hopefully haunted,, w/ cocoa leaf tea in lobby as well and has a kfc built in ! and the plaza its on has numerous rest ,, great PIZZA

Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2009

I only had one night here, found it on an Irish site before I went to Peru,
Great value, excellent large room, with sitting room, bed room, walk in closet, small hallway too. Great views also. Still cannot believe the small price I paid for it. Its a pity I only had 1 night - so judging this is a bit difficult. I had to take a train early next morning which meant not taking breakfast. I needed one but couldn't fit the short time in, as it was an early early start. The hotel held my main luggage as I didn't want to bring it on the train. The following week I collected same no problem. The hotel is in the historic centre of Lima not were most tourists and business people stay out in Miraflores. But I can't fault the hotel. Even walking around the huge building and admiring the architecture was reason enough to stay. Glad I did.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo