Kamana Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Don't get me wrong, I'm not picky when it comes to hotels. But hotel kamana....don't waste your time. The only thing going for it is location. That's it. The beds are horrible. I really believe it would have been more comfortable to sleep on the floor, while someone poked me in the eye every 10 seconds. Staff there are helpful and the tv is the newest addition to the room in about half a century. So there's a plus.
What else...oh and the smell. It was like a punch in the face when you open the door to your room. This was what the tour company had booked and was glad I only had 1 night there.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank W S
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I was here for several nights. Kamana is located in a really great place. Everyone tells you, usually, to go and stay in Miraflores. But here, you are within walking distance of the city center, historic buildings, and the main market. You are not close enough to the center center, however, for the price to be outrageous. So, it is an option for those who are more interested in the historical center of Lima. I would also agree with another reviewer that while the hotel was certainly not dirty in a lot of ways, I did happen to see a few roaches. The noise coming from the street was also very distracting. I would imagine more so on really hot days if you feel like you must keep the windows open to air the place out a bit. Still, the bathroom was probably the nicest I've seen so far in any of the commercial lodgings I've seen while in Peru. The wifi worked on my laptop. The staff was friendly and would help with directions or giving change. They also keep a non threatening security guard outside the place as you come in, which might make visitors feel safer. One word of advice to make sure any tours or groups would be willing to drop you off or pick you up here since it is a bit farther than the usual touristy hotel route.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Muckwa_Bear
Reviewed 28 November 2012

We stayed before and after a tour of Peru and like most of the other reviewers on here I can agree that it hits the major buttons. The hotel is centrally located within the historic district, within easy walking distance to the Plaza del Armas, a large local supermarket and the local pedestrian shopping streets. The hotel itself is not going to win any architectural awards for style etc, but the rooms are large, relatively clean and most come with a table and chairs, flatscreen TV and a couch. The front desk staff are friendly and willing to help when they can; organising a reputable cab to the airport and assisting with the printing of boarding passes etc. The hotel has free WIFI everywhere and two PC's in reception for internet use and the Koala Cafe restaurant attached to the hotel has decent cheap food anytime day or night.

As a tip: ask for a room not on street side - the view will be terrible, but you will sleep at night and not be woken up at 5am by the ever-present horn tooting that is a daily occurrence in Lima.

Room Tip: Anything that isn't on street side!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sazmcphee
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Standard big city centre hotel. Friendly staff, good size rooms and a great restaurant (Koala cafe). Great location, only 1 block from Jiron de la Union pedestrian street, and close to the Plaza de Armas and Plaza San Martin, make this a recommendable hotel if you need to stay in Lima centro.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mark7780
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I stayed in the hotel for 1 night in October, 2012 and it was the worst traveling experience I've ever had. The hotel smelled bad. But worst of all, I used the travel agency (Free Tourist Information) endorsed by the hotel. The woman who runs the agency, Pocha Cruz, criminally cheated and hoaxed us. One of the services we bought from her was the flight from Cuzco to Lima. She said the flight ticket would be $230. The truth is she bought the air tickets from StarPeru (a much cheaper airline than LAN) which only cost $70. (we figured out the real price later by asking our flight neighbors). She also booked a hotel in Arequipa without our consent. In order to make us stay in that hotel, she lied to us that our payment to her included the hotel. But when we arrived in the hotel, the hotel management said it was definitely not paid. I'm deeply disappointed in her dishonest service and would not recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family