“A brilliant hotel for budget travellers!”
Review of Kamana Hotel

Kamana Hotel
Kamana Hotel
Ranked #174 of 228 Hotels in Lima
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“A brilliant hotel for budget travellers!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel far exceeded my expectations. For starters, the staff were exceptionally helpful; I was booking for a group of 14 people, and I'll make no secret about the fact that made us very awkward customers! Nevertheless, the staff happily catered for our every need, of which there were many. I must in particular praise Jose Herrada, who was hugely helpful, friendly and enthusiastic; within a day I felt like we'd known each other for years!

The rooms were of course nothing special, but they were very clean, spacious and modern; in particular the bathrooms. The beds were a little on the firm side, but perfectly acceptable, and they were made up to a high standard by room service daily.

The hotel is in a brilliant location, being just a block or so away from all the action of Central Lima, where you can find countless restaurants, artisan markets and even the Presidential Palace.

Overall, I would highly recommend the Kamana. Granted, its not a luxurious hotel, but at these prices who cares? Its cheap, friendly, comfortable, clean and well situated.

Room Tip: If you are in a larger group, go for the quad room; its absolutely huge with plenty of storage and a...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ben S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 15 July 2014

As budget travelers, we have no complain about this hotel. As many people have written it is in the central Lima and very convenient to explore the central area. We never felt dangerous. Inside of the hotel was a bit dark but our room was spacious and bathroom was very clean and nice.

Attendants of the breakfast area were very polite and fixed some eggs for us every morning.

The bus stop of the rapid transit to Miraflores is also within a few blocks. First you need to pay 5 soles to buy a card and then you deposit some money in the card for using the rapid bus services. It costs only 2 soles to go to Miraflores! You get off at Ricardo Palma and walk about 5 block then you will be at Kennedy park.

By staying at Kamana we could explore both El Centro and Miraflores very inexpensively.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Pocono
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Kamana is a great location for exploring central Lima. The hotel is very clean and I felt safe in the hotel. My room was a inner facing room and for some they not not perfer this. The water was hot and great pressure. The staff spoke English and was able to help with directions in the area. Breakfast was included and their was bread, juice and eggs. The restaurant were I had breakfast was clean and staff friendly. The hotel also arranged a pickup from the airport with Mr Leo. Mr Leo was waiting for me and also brought me back to the airport at the end of my stay. I would recommend this, the airport at Lima can be very chaotic if your not prepared for it. Mr. Leo also speaks English and is able to do tours around the city.

If your looking for luxury then stay at the Marriott. If you want a clean and safe place that even had extended cable on the TVs. Then this is your place. The hotel has complementary WiFi and computers for you to use in the lobby.
I will be returning to Lima in the late fall and will be staying at the Kamana once again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2014

If you want a luxury hotel after a long flight to Lima, this is not your place. However, if you want a reasonably priced hotel to get a shower and night of sleep, it is fine. Was hard to find a reasonable hotel near the airport, so we took the $35 taxi into el centro for this place. Added to the $80 price of the room, it was still less than the Ramada at the airport and we had time to walk to the Plaza to Armas to get a nice dinner at the Cafe Atlantico (across from the Cafe Pacifico).

Room Tip: We had a triple with 2 beds: worked fine. Nothing special.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have never been in a dirtier hotel. Carpets were not vacuumed for a long time; the dust sitting on the carpets had been there for a long time. We as a group had 4 rooms and they were all disgusting. We slept on the top covers using our clothing to cover the pillow. I have never given a bad review about a hotel. Sometimes when I read the bad reviews I think people are too picky and should just stay home. This is not a case of “people being princesses”. If I can save just one person from the mistake we made I’ll be happy. The next day two people in our group woke up with bites that blistered. It’s funny how the pictures on hotels.com look NOTHING like the real rooms do (as you can see in the pictures). The room one of the couples had was painted that morning and the smell was still there in the afternoon so we asked to change it but the new room they got was so filthy they kept the original one.

We booked a pick up at the airport but no one showed up. I called the hotel and was told to call back in 3 minutes and they will tell me how much it will cost to pick us up. I told him we were at the airport with many taxis so I did not need him to START arranging pick up.

We got to the hotel in the morning and asked if we can have our breakfast because we will be leaving at 1.30am the next day. They said that today it’s too late but we can have breakfast at 1 am. Of course at that time everything was closed and yet again we didn’t get our breakfast.

I don’t really even care about the airport pick up and breakfast.

Just the filthiness is so gross this hotel should be shut down.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank MEGSIBOO

Travellers are raving about these Lima hotels

Singleton, Australia
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We were expecting a budget hotel for a budget price but the Kamana took it to another level. One word Disgusting....black hairs all through the bed, mould in the bathroom, sticky carpet and smelled like a dump... Thongs and sleeping bag were required. We ended up booking another hotel at the end of our tour as we didn't want to have to deal with the place again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ColnKate
New Zealand
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed here pre and after my tour to Machu Picchu with Tucantravel Great service,friendly staff and the security guard very friendly. He came running after me as I had my cell and wallet just in my hand.
Handy to the local supermarket,Plaza and bank.
Would recommend.