Hotel La Castellana
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewsg adventuresceiling fanincredibly helpful staffyogurtstrong coffeetour companyno air conditioningcontinental breakfastgood sizefew blockscomfortable roomswalking distancequiet streetparque kennedysouth americamiraflores districtbuns
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We stayed several nights here. It is within easy walking distance of most places in Miraflores and safe to walk around at night. It is dingy inside but the rooms are adequate. Staff don't speak much English but went out of their way in providing us with breakfast at 3am, including fried eggs. We were very impressed. It has a nice courtyard with lounges, tables and umbrellas, but inside lounge area is dark and uninviting.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We stayed as part of a GAP adventures tour, and for a one night stopover the hotel was perfectly adequate and actually has a very nice courtyard in which to eat breakfast / have a quiet drink. The hotel is situated in a fairly safe location a few blocks off the main street in Miraflores, and Miraflores itself felt safe. It is a fairly basic hotel and the room that we stayed in (just opposite the reception desk, under the stairs) was probably the worst room to stay in as it is quite dark and you will definately get woken up if tour groups are leaving / having breakfast / getting receipts printed at 4/5am in the morning as happened with us. But another couple with us had a much nicer room on the second floor, so I think we were just quite unlucky.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2011

This hotel was more than i expected. Area is very safe, was able to wonder around with no issues. Hotel was clean, staff was helpful. Only bad thing was that it could be noisy, as young groups tend to stay in the hotel, GAP adventures uses it as a staging area. The noise didn't bother me though. Can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 April 2011

Location is okay, just a short stroll from the centre of Miraflores, with internet and groceries just blocks away. Rooms are clean enough, but bathrooms are small and bedrooms are dark. Very small little desk and bedside lamps; that's it. I stayed there for 2 nights. The first night there was no water pressure in the shower, and the steady drips that came out were cold. I told front desk, and by the time I returned the following night, he had told me it was fixed. Not exactly, I later found out, as I took another cold shower. I asked other hotel guests if they had cold water in their rooms, and they did. Breakfast left much to be desired, as it consisted of orange juice, coffee, and bread with butter & jam. This hotel is okay to stay at, but there are better deals out there.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank qasr
Reviewed 23 January 2011

We stayed in La Castellana on two separate nights, at the start and end of our trip to Peru with GAP Adventures. We booked this as part of an organised itinerary so I'm not sure exactly how much each night cost.

The hotel itself looks like a small old world "castle", and is very quaint out- and inside. Check-in on both occasions was without incident. The reception staff were very friendly and spoke English well. They were happy to book taxis and make restaurant reservations on our behalf.

Both rooms we stayed in were spacious and nicely furnished, with a comfortable bed and wardrobe / drawer space. This is a 3 rather than 5 star hotel, but the room was more than adequate as a base for a short stay in Lima. Have a look at my photos for a better idea. There are rooms on the ground and upper floor, but as far as I remember there was no lift so you'll need a ground floor room if you have mobility problems.

The hotel itself is charming, and has a small inner courtyard area to look around. There is a meeting room that we used for our first group briefing, though I think anyone could use it to sit in and pass some time. There is wifi in the hotel but you have to bring your own laptop to use it.

There is a restaurant in the hotel which we used for dinner on the first night, and for (free) breakfast on both mornings. I wasn't overly impressed with the evening meal, but in all fairness it was probably ok for the low price they charged. Breakfast the first morning was essentially tea and toast (though this was put on specially for our group who were leaving very early), and was a little more substantial on the second morning, at a more civilised hour.

I'd recommend this hotel for a short stop in Lima; it's not going to win 5 stars for luxury accommodation, but it's good for a three star hotel and for the advertised rates on its website it represents very good value.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple