Hotel La Castellana
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$66
  • Restaurant
All reviewsg adventuresceiling fanincredibly helpful staffyogurtstrong coffeetour companyno air conditioningcontinental breakfastgood sizefew blockscomfortable roomswalking distancequiet streetparque kennedysouth americamiraflores districtbuns
Reviewed 13 June 2008

I thought this wa s great little place and good value.

From the outside it looks like an old spanish Villa. And inside the courtyard is a nice haven away from the city.

The rooms were a little outdated but they were clean and pleasant. Our room looked the same as one of the photos posted. Some of the other posts complained about noise but we didn't find it noisy at all.

The location is great. Its easy to walk to the beach area and Miraflores shops and restaurants. There are a lot of amenties close by - within a block or so is a supermarket, a laundry, courier service, a restaurant and stores.

The staff at from desk were helpful - they promptly called cabs, booked tours and exchanged money.

Breakfast was standard for Peru - tea, coffee, juice and bread with jam. we didn't eat any other meals there but the restaurant area was lovely.

• Stayed: May 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank DebDeb07
Reviewed 7 June 2008

The school I was attending in Cusco booked me for an overnight in Lima. The hotel they usually use was full, so the travel agency booked me here. I got in very early in the morning and was told that there were no rooms available inside. I ended up in an outside room. The hotel appears to be an old mansion that was remodeled. What looks like the old gargages are outside with one on both sides of the main entrance. I ended up in the one on the right side.

The room was okay and the staff was nice, but the noise was awful. The taxis line up in front of the hotel during the night and wait to be called for a fare. So there were cars coming and going all night. Car doors slamming. People talking right outside my door. It was my first night in Peru and I was alone in the room, so I didn't like it at all.

If I had been inside I might have liked the hotel. I recommend against the outside rooms.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo
3  Thank Deguida
Reviewed 14 March 2008

Noisy - only because the walls were thin...not because of bad guests - you could hear doors slamming and people clunking their suitcases on the stairs. Other than that, it was a nice place to stay and the staff were friendly and polite. I loved sitting in the courtyard relaxing. I would stay there again, but would bring my earplugs :)

Stayed: January 2007
2  Thank CVfromTO
Reviewed 11 January 2008

Stayed at the La Castellana in Dec 2007.The room was especially noisy because of building works next door.They work from 7am til 6pm and it looks like it will be happening for some time yet.The room smelled of something like chemicals,maybe carpet cleaner or insect repellent.We had cold water for a shower the first day and the next when we wanted a shower there was no water at all??When we told them there was no comment at all and no apology.

Stayed: December 2007
2  Thank mcpops
Reviewed 22 December 2007

my tour operator ecs travel in lima made the arrangements
and i couldn;t have been more satisfied.staff bi ligual,attended our needs, meals were reasonable, ambience gave impression of staying in small castle like structure what with the marteel o tower on one end. we were within easy walking distance of all the main venues. nice and quiet. will keep your luggage while off travelling peru if you have a reservation to stay between trips. no charge. would stay here in a new york minute again.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple