“NEEDED PLACE TO REST”
Review of Hotel Las Palmas

Hotel Las Palmas
Ranked #91 of 234 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I flew from Buenos Aires to Lima for an overnight stay before I headed to Cusco. I picked this hotel because it was close to Pizza Street and I wanted to check it out. Pizza Street has a lot of bars,clubs and restaurant in a small strip. I took a taxi which cost around 50 Soles. It took around 30 minutes to get from airport to the hotel. I did not have a reservation so I just booked a room when I got there. I got a room on the second floor and it was manageable. I did not expect luxury or anything like that. Lima weather was pretty warm with a nice breeze because of the proximity of the sea. The room though was cold and there wasn't an A/C. I am a warm body type so it didn't bother me. It came with the standard things you would find in a hotel. The bed was fine not the softest but not the hardest. I really on stayed in the room for about 4 hours when I slept because I went out to the street and hung out there. I really didn't use the bathroom but it was very blue but clean. The room was a decent size so two people could comfortably co exist in the room without any problem. There was no fridge in the room and no safe box. It was very standard but for the price and an location to restaurants and entertainment, it was fine for me.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Timothy S

Reviewed 29 January 2013

If not for the loud music, this hotel would be adequate for the price. Reasonably clean and nicely located. Unfortunately, a new disco club opened right next door and the music was extremely loud until 4 am making it impossible to sleep. If you plan on staying Thursday, Friday or Saturday, beware! We checked in late Thursday upon our arrival after traveling all day. The loud beat of the music next door made it impossible to sleep. We moved to another hotel and checked out late, whereupon they charged us 50% of the room rate for the late check out.

Room Tip: Stay at this hotel only if you are deaf.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jim K
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Rooms are small and the noise level is high. However, well located, low priced, and a super staff. Felt very secure. Great wifi service. Not near the city center or the airport but close to the sea. Lots of good food and shopping nearby.

You might want to shut your bathroom window before showering.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room on the street
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank CardsFan65791
Reviewed 28 October 2012

This hotel is right off Parque Kenendy and Calle de las Pizzas which was perfect for us. We usually stay near the historical centers of the cities we visit, but we heard Miraflores was the place the stay in Lima. We were really happy we chose this location-- there were a lot more options for places to got out at night than there would have been near the historical center. You're also very close to a bus line that runs alongside the freeway and will take you to the historical center, Baranco, and Parque de la Reserva. Breakfast here was pretty decent and runs till 11, but definitely try to get there earlier because food does run out.

The hotel is very clean, but not super modern, and the rooms aren't very big. But it also seems to be about half of what other hotels in this area cost, so I think it's still an excellent value.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2012 via mobile

The hotel is very well located, the rooms are small but the price is low too.
It is very noisy the whole night from the street, even with the window closed was difficult to sleep.
The corridors are rather smelly but the rooms are relatively ok.
Just to spend a short night and escape is a good compromise with the price.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank amk_ch
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Esa hotel era limpio, y tenia trabajadores con buen atitude. Realmente, buena gente. Aparacia bien seguro. El costo del hotel es enganoso ten cuidado. Yo lleve un grupo de 7 personas que quedaron ahi una semana. Cuando recibieron la cuenta, les pideron por cada vasito de agua de canilla (agua hervida) querian un sol. Una ensalada de furita y cafe comi por desayuno me costo 88 soles. Puede llevar mi familia de cuatro y comer afuera del restaurante por medio del costo. La verda es que no era tan rico! mas el grupo dijeron que era mucha ruido en la noche y no pudieron dormir.

This hotel was clean, and the staff were friendly. It appeared to be a secure place, but watch out for the hidden cost. Food there is at least double the market value. We hosted a grupo of 7 people in this hotel and when we received the bill, there were surprises. They charged for every small cup of water that the team drank. A fruit salad and coffee cost me 88 soles. The group also complained about the noise in the night. People were coming. One room was near the kitchen and when people called to order food, it woke her up.

Room Tip: Don't stay near the kitchen No se queda acerca de la cocina!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Donnie S
Reviewed 17 September 2012

This was an ok place to stay for the money paid. It's bonuses are that it's in a great location, has 24 hour hot water, fair sized rooms, plenty of channels on the tv and the beds are comfortable enough too. On a more negative note the breakfast was poor, the rooms are quite dark and chilly and there can be quite a lot of noise from the street below. Also the wifi doesn't work in the rooms, only in the lobby and restaurant areas downstairs.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel may be quieter than the front as there seems to be some kind of n...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends