We had to spend a day in Lima waiting for our flight back to USA after 10 days of traveling in Peru. We: a group of 6 adults with quite a luggage including mountaineering gear. We came up with an idea to get a room at a hotel to keep our luggage and have a shower. It was not easy. To find a room for a day (not a night) IS NOT EASY. After numerous failed attempts to beg our way into a hotel, I found San Antonio mentioned on the Tripadvisor site. It did work! I got a prompt reply to my e-mail (I do not speak Spanish, so telephone conversations were prohibited) with all necessary details. Everything we asked for was arranged with the itemized prices indicated.
1. A double room from 8 am until 6 pm with extra towels for 6 people. The towels were not provided, and the hotel did not charge extra for them. If we had reminded the personnel - I'm pretty sure we would have had them. The room was nice looking and clean, with a comfortable bathroom.
2. Extra breakfast for 4 (breakfast for 2 was included in the price of the room). The breakfast was excellent!
3. Taxi from the downtown bus station to the hotel. Well, the taxi did not show up. It was not a catastrophe though - we picked-up a van easily, but it cost us an hour and a half of lost time.
4. A taxi from the hotel to the airport for 2 people and two hours later another taxi for 4 in the same direction.
All the personnel were polite, considerate, professional. Thanks to Maria Gonzales who arranged everything for us (and we do understand that our request was kind of unusual), we were spared the unpleasant necessity of dragging our heavy luggage around the city. The location matters too: being close to everything and at the same time in a quiet and secure corner.
Although there were some small inconveniences - the willingness of the personnel to deviate from the regular booking schedule and arrange for extra services deserves only excellent marks.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel San Antonio Abad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Antonio Abad Lima
- San Antonio Abad Hotel