“Four stars because people at the desk were cool”

Hotel San Antonio Abad
Ranked #28 of 228 Hotels in Lima
“Four stars because people at the desk were cool”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012 via mobile

The room we had was large and had a great bathroom, but other than that was a little old and could really use a facelift. However, I'll overlook that because breakfast was good, and the people at the desk were super helpful and nice. The location is residential, so you have to walk a ways to get to the seaside or craft markets, but it's safe and next to the bus station, which is cool to try out. For the price I think it's a good place. If I had more money, I might choose to stay in a newer place.

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Korean first
Key Largo, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

I stayed at the hotel for a week. The accommodations are very comfortable. The rooms are clean, nicely decorated. I had a view to the court yard which was very pleasant and cozy. Breakfast was well presented and abundant. The staff was polite at all times and ready to please their guests.

The “Icing on the Cake” came about when, a week after I checked out from the hotel and left Peru, I realized that I had left a pair of earrings with an irreplaceable sentimental value. I took a chance by calling the hotel (after a Week!!!) and low and behold, the had been found……..!!!! Now… that’s remarkable. Thank you Maria, thank everybody for me please and especially, thank the person who found the earrings. I will be eternally grateful.
If and when I return to Lima, I will definitely stay at the San Antonio Abad and highly recommend it to family and friends.

Sonia Papineau

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

I highly recommend this hotel if you're in Lima. Friendly and helpful staff, gorgeous (and CLEAN) room, delicious breakfast in a nice dining area. The only downside to this hotel is the location isn't the greatest. I never felt unsafe but you do need to cross a few major roads to get to shopping and dining.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Skokie, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

We stayed for one night 2 different times. All 4 in our party enjoyed your hotel, the staff and the breakfast. Our driver, the older gentleman, was very, very nice. We used him 5 times. He was always on time and helpful. If we ever return to Lima, it would be our pleasure to stay at your hotel.
Loel Martin

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Oakland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

We stayed several nights in this old, colonial-style hotel in the Miraflores section of Lima. It is very clean and comfortable, and reasonably priced, but nothing fancy. The breakfast (included in the price) is good if unexciting. The pleasant breakfast room looks out on a pleasant courtyard, where you can eat or just lounge when the weather is nice (although it is famously always overcast in Lima). Perhaps the best part of the hotel is the helpful, English-speaking staff. They arranged taxis for us, printed out our airline boarding passes, called restaurants for reservations -- there was nothing we asked that they didn't cheerfully help us with. There are much newer and more luxorious hotels in Lima, but for price, service, and a great location you can't beat this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

My wife and I recently traveled to Peru for a wedding. We stayed at the Hotel San Antonio Abad in the Miraflores district of Lima and fell in love with it. There are nice restaurants and shopping all within easy walking distance of the hotel. The hotel staff speak excellent English and are so friendly. They helped us to make connections with all the fun things to do here. The breakfast was great and we really enjoyed sitting in the charming quiet patio as we ate. The manager actually drove us on a long day trip to Nazca which was excellent. We highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Peder H
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

My sister and I recently traveled to Peru. We adored the Hotel San Antonio Abad. It is centrally located, steps from coast, stones throw from the restaurant scene, and perfect for the price. We had a really nice stay and the room was just right. The staff are helpful, breakfast tasty, and the property very secure. Free pick up from the airport. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a courtyard view. Much quieter than street view.